Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance for Hobo Day

Lets start guessing

gojacks.com's tickets 1 seat is high in J and a pair is mid level L and its Monday.....

I'm going to guess...... 16,112....

Re: Attendance for Hobo Days

New Record Attendance........ 16,552

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Since there are no "Hobo Days", I'm going to guess zero!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
        New Record Attendance........ 16,552
        I'm with footballfan on this one.

But I'm going to be there in spirit only...following the Jackrabbit men and women cross country runners to the U of Minnesota on Hobo Day. Thank goodness WNAX comes in on my car radio in Minneapolis!

Go Jackrabbits!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          Since there are no "Hobo Days", I'm going to guess zero!!!
          Hey, NorCalJack...I was able to take the "s" off the main title but didn't change it on the posts. Now that the main title says Hobo Day, what's your guess: new attendance record?

Comment

Re: Attendance for Hobo Day

Ahh!!! Hobo Day. I have a few stories to tell, but I will leave that for another day. My guess on the attendance is 16,675. A new record I believe.

Go State!!!!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I got my tickets yesterday, 2 in row 14 of L....best available.

I'm gonna say we're going to bust the 17,000 mark for the first time ever. 17,056.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Hey, NorCalJack...I was able to take the "s" off the main title but didn't change it on the posts. Now that the main title says Hobo Day, what's your guess: new attendance record?
                There was a time when Hobo Day was promoted as the largest one day event in South Dakota. Guess what, it lasted one day so, Hobo Day singular was appropriate back then. Before TV, crowds were big for the parade and only the lucky kids with parents who liked football got to go to the games. Plus in the 1950's and 1960,s there were no band competitions to compete with in building the parade. It seem back then that it was a honor for the small towns around Brookings to have their band in the parade.

Much after I left campus a bunch of actitivies were added and I suppose as you younger guys say its now called Hobo Days. I suppose Hobo Day is still appropriate for references to Saturday.

I like to go with a record breaker as well for attendence. 16,790.

Comment

I can't be there but my family will be. I think it will be 15,000 - 16,000. I'll be listening from the hospital here in Yankton, I've got my portable radio ready.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My only concern is a 30 percent chance for showers that day. Temperatures are forecast in the high 60s, though. And Hobo Day brings a lot of people to town and I can't imagine too many people driving all that way and not going to the game.

So I'll say 16,001 (and I'll ask: Where are we going to put those extra 1,000 people... Coughlin can't get much more full than it was last week.)

It should be a lot of fun. Anybody here if there's going to be an alumni band this year? It's nice to have somebody to pick up the slack while the Pride is working its way down onto the field and then back after halftime. The air kind of goes out of the place while they're in transit.
                    Last edited by JimmyJack; 09-25-2007, 04:16 PM.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My cousin is getting married that same day, so I can't go without torquing off the family.

I wonder if it's a sin to bring a Walkman into the church?
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

17201 in attendance for Hobo Day!!!

It really helps that it happens before hunting season!

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          My cousin is getting married that same day, so I can't go without torquing off the family.

I wonder if it's a sin to bring a Walkman into the church?

You would be better off going to the game and then watching the wedding on tape. Just my opinion. Go jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            17201 in attendance for Hobo Day!!!

It really helps that it happens before hunting season!

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                            I think the time is perfect 2pm allows for the students to get over there hangovers and isn't too late so they aren't drunk yet.... expect a big student crowd.

Comment

A lingering, advance threat of rain and the flow of pre-game beer taps may keep attendance just under 15,000. Which will still be pretty darn good.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X