2008 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Schedule

Just saw this while looking around at GoJacks.com. Looks like a pretty nice scedule, nice to see home conference games again. We get powerhouse Oral Roberts at home this year. I see that we are planning on playing at the new Huether Field. Are they actually going to finish the field? We got five games with the Gophers and are back playing in Nebraska. A nice addition to the schedule is Arkansas, they are a national powerhouse.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...40&SPSID=64526

Re: 2008 Schedule

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
    I see that we are planning on playing at the new Huether Field. Are they actually going to finish the field?

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...40&SPSID=64526

Just went by the field this morning and was thinking the same thing. They have the cement wall up for the back stop and the out field fence and foul line fence up too. There is a lot of painting to do and I assume a lot of sponsorship signs to put up around the fence.

If they really needed to get it done fast, all they need is to finish the dugouts with net behind home plate, do a little painting with some signs, and figure out how people will watch it (bleachers, etc). That's obviously a lot of work but definitely able to get done if needed. If they worked on it constantly I would bet they could finish that in about 3 weeks, with most time used for cement drying and doing the little extra things. My only hope is that they do it right and make sure it's done (almost) completely before the season begins. Having the softball team play with tarp dugouts last year was embarrassing.

Comment

And that was major topic drift.

Comment

Well i just hope they get it done and do it right, i am sure it will be a fine facility when all is said and done. What a break to get one of the best teams in the nation on our home field in our first year of conference play(Oral Roberts).

Comment

According to Reggie, the field will be done and ready to play on this spring. Grandstand with chairback seats in the range of 750 may not be available until the following season. It will be a very nice facility when finished.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
            According to Reggie, the field will be done and ready to play on this spring. Grandstand with chairback seats in the range of 750 may not be available until the following season. It will be a very nice facility when finished.

Good to hear that there will be chairback seats. It would be great to see it finished for next season but I can wait another year for the grandstand to be completed. I might be selfish but I wouldn't have a problem if we continue to have a game scheduled here in Sioux Falls.

Comment

I still think they should have a game in RC... half of the team is former Post 22 players. But I am glad that they are going to have games on campus in a nice stadium

Comment

Minnesota at Sioux Falls the end of April is pretty sweet, could be a good draw for that one if it gets promoted right. Oral Roberts at home will be good too. Hopefully we continue to improve and build on our success from last year.

Comment

Minnesota at SF has been occuring for the past two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                    Minnesota at SF has been occuring for the past two seasons.
                    Last years game was moved back to the twin cities because of some reason, can't remember why, possibly weather or scheduling conflict. Verify for yourself at GoJacks.com and you'll see...

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...&Q_SEASON=2006

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                      Last years game was moved back to the twin cities because of some reason, can't remember why, possibly weather or scheduling conflict. Verify for yourself at GoJacks.com and you'll see...

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...&Q_SEASON=2006
                      The field in Sioux Falls was a disaster early this spring. Couldn't play on it when the game was suppose to be in SD.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X