Stephen F. Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen F. Austin

It's Hobo Day! The Jacks vs. the Jacks. Another Southland Conference team. They are 0-3 with losses to D-2 Tarleton State, NDSU and Western Illinois. Another winnable, but yet solid team (they all are now). Let's start a winning streak.

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...otbl-body.html

Go JackRABBITS!!!!
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Re: Stephen F. Austin

Game day forecast as of 11:06 pm CDT Sep 24, 2007
    Forecast Valid: 12am CDT Sep 25, 2007-6pm CDT Oct 1, 2007
    Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74.

Can we move to 2-0 in the Southland Conference on the year?

Comment

I caught part of their game with NDSU. NDSU ran all over them racking up over 500 yards of total offense. The game was close only because of 4 ints by Walker. SFA's QB is a tall athletic kid who reminds me a little bit of the Nealy kid from Texas ST. had a couple of years ago that was drafted. We will need another solid defensive effort that is for sure. SFA will not be a "cake walk" 0-3 team.

Comment

My money is on the Jack's in this game. Get it? I know, not funny.

Seriously, SDSU should be the favorite by a couple of scores. SFA has a very athletic QB who made good decisions against the Bison. Their defense made some stops when they needed them. They also created 5 turnovers (actually 7 because the officials blew two calls). This wasn't enough in Fargo and anything close to a clean game by the Rabbits should result in a win.

SFA will be hungry though because they really need a win. They are a pretty good 0-3 team.

Comment

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Breezy, with a south wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Comment

Since this thread is a little slow to take off Imma post my prediction. State 42 SFA 10. A touchdown by Jaron in the first quarter, Minnette with another touchdown near the end of the first quarter Jacks 14-0. Second quarter features a intereception return for a TD and a Wagner TD for a score of 28-0 at half. SFA drives starting the second half for a TD and State responds with Berry scoring on a keeper at the end of the 3rd quarter 34-7. 4th quarter starts with a SFA field goal, halfway through the Glen Fox gets scores his first career touchdown on his 21st birthday and Wags adds a 2 point conversion. Final Score State 42 SFA 10. The LumberJacks fall down and go boom.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
              Since this thread is a little slow to take off Imma post my prediction. State 42 SFA 10. A touchdown by Jaron in the first quarter, Minnette with another touchdown near the end of the first quarter Jacks 14-0. Second quarter features a intereception return for a TD and a Wagner TD for a score of 28-0 at half. SFA drives starting the second half for a TD and State responds with Berry scoring on a keeper at the end of the 3rd quarter 34-7. 4th quarter starts with a SFA field goal, halfway through the Glen Fox gets scores his first career touchdown on his 21st birthday and Wags adds a 2 point conversion. Final Score State 42 SFA 10. The LumberJacks fall down and go boom.
              I can't predict with bluehat...but I'm going to predict another solid win for the rabbits.

Comment

There is now a slim chance there could be severe weather during the game on Saturday. I would reccommend bringing along some rain gear just in case. Also as of last night the entrance to campus from 22nd Ave was torn up so those people looking to get to the game from that way should look at alternative routes.

Comment

i don't see this one close, if it weren't for the multiple turnovers that NDSU had, i believe the Bison would have unloaded on SFA, i think its a repeat of last week, 45-3

Comment

I'm hoping for a maximum discount at the bookstore again... 52-10... thats it
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Being that SFA is an unknown quantity of sorts, I'm going to be a little less optimistic on the predictions. I see us winning, but minus the offensive explosion predicted by fever and hat. I see the Bits winning a close one:

SFA - 17
                      SDSU - 27

Then again, our coaching staff has impressed me more this season than any that I can remember. In season's past, scouting us was not exactly like picking apart the Zapruder film. This season, in the 3 games I've watched, we gave different and entirely unique looks on both D and O that had either never been or rarely been a part of the SDSU game plan before.

Splitting Berry out leaving just the two RBs in the backfield? Awesome. The first play could have gone for negative yards and I still would have been smiling. That's thinking outside of the box. Love it. Blitzing the crap out of UNI in an effort to rattle their QB and force him into making a mistake? Another awesome move. I always felt we were light on our blitzes. Too often QBs have been left to sit in the pocket without a care while waiting for his WRs to eventually get open. Now, it didn't pay off as expected against UNI, but it was changing the gameplan and trying to keep from being predictable. Last week we were less liberal in our blitzes, but were bringing guys from every angle, including throwing in some zone blitzes where the d-lineman eventually drops back into coverage replacing the blitzing LB. I thought we lost the zone blitzing playbook after Brad Peterson picked off a pass from his D-tackle spot against USD in 1996 (or was it 95?). Glad to see it's back.

I'm sure our coaches have even more new wrinkles to throw at SFA this week. It should be fun to watch.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Jackrabbits win 37-13.

Comment

Our defense has some real attack dogs...fast, aggressive and tough. Look for some more blitzing. By the end of this season, the defense will acquire a nickname or two...we may have to create two mascots: A new Jackrabbit and a new pitbull mascot for the defense.

Jacks by a minimum of two touchdowns.

Comment

I don't know who this Stephen F. Austin thinks he is, but there is no way 1 man can defeat a team of 11. Mr. Austin is in for a rude awakening when he comes to town!
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I don't know who this Stephen F. Austin thinks he is, but there is no way 1 man can defeat a team of 11. Mr. Austin is in for a rude awakening when he comes to town!
                              He's no Daniel Boone that's for sure
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X