Attendence for Texas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendence for Texas State

I am going to be a little conservative after last week's announced attendence at the UNI game, still think there was more than 10,800. Since we are 0-3, Texas State isn't the 4th ranked team like UNI and they probably won't have that many people travelling...but on the other hand forecasted better weather, the beef bowl and the Jacks are due.

9500 Happy Jacks.

Re: Attendence for Texas State

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I am going to be a little conservative after last week's announced attendence at the UNI game, still think there was more than 10,800. Since we are 0-3, Texas State isn't the 4th ranked team like UNI and they probably won't have that many people travelling...but on the other hand forecasted better weather, the beef bowl and the Jacks are due.

9500 Happy Jacks.
    I'll be there with 10,649 other Jackrabbit fans.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'll go on the safe side. 11,223 Rabid Rabbit Fans. 8 Painted People. 2 dudes with goofy looking hats.

Comment

Since attendance was undercounted by 3000 last week I am going to go out on a limb and say that the week before Hobo Day there are only 7500 Rabit Fans leaving Coughlin celebrating a victory.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I bought my tickets a long time ago and ended up high in the northwest corner of the stadium. If there aren't at least 11, 423 people there I'll have to call the computer program that sold me the tickets a liar for listing them as "best available."
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Beef Bowl is always well-attended. And it's senior day, so there'll be a mob of high school seniors there. 12,750 will attend and SDSU will announce 10,800. I think their counters are stuck.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Tickets sold + student ID's scanned + band + anyone else in the stadium not on the field and accounted for by the previous three critera = attendance.

Turnstile counts are never an accurate measurement because there is always a significant number who do not come thru the turnstiles (i.e. the band and everyone who walks in with the band).

If you want to play "attendance monitor" count how many seats there are in the east and west bleachers some time, factor in the assumed % empty, add up everyone sitting in the end zones and then get back to us on how accurate your number is.

I was at last week's game. Haven't paid one bit of attention to what the announced attendance was, but in my "expert" analysis there were no more than about 10,000 people inside the gates.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Got some inside info...15,897.
                The insider wouldn't be surprised to see a record set this weekend based on ticket sales. I told him the count better be more accurate than last Saturday or we'll never know if it is a record even if there are that many fans there.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I forgot about the 2,800 scholarship recipients and donors invited to the game with tickets purchased by the SDSU Foundation. Kudos to the Foundation for that.

So let me revise my estimate: 13,500 (not all will come and not all will be "new" attendees.)
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Forecast is for mid 70's and sunny on saturday, hopefully that leads to 13,000+ for the game. I'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                      I'll go on the safe side. 11,223 Rabid Rabbit Fans. 8 Painted People. 2 dudes with goofy looking hats.
                      are you counting the 2 dudes with funny looking hats separate from the 8 painted dudes?

Comment

Of course. Don't wanna group everyone together

Comment

Hey, are you going to have space girl back?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'll be conservative and predict a crowd of 9,876. There are a couple of concerts in the area Saturday night plus Hobo Day is just a week away. I would like to see 12,000-plus watch the Jacks get their first win of the fall!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Hey, are you going to have space girl back?
                              whos space girl? and was she with the body painters?

Comment

Working...
                              X