Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real reason USD is moving to D-I

Coyotes live a "nervous existence" when living next to Wolves
    While the wily coyote reigns as top dog in much of the country, it leads a nervous existence wherever it coexists with its larger relative, the wolf, according to a new study from the Wildlife Conservation Society. In fact, coyote densities are more than 30 percent lower in areas that they share with wolves.

The paper, which appeared recently in the Journal of Animal Ecology, details the results of a study examining the effects of wolves on the distribution and abundance of coyotes in those areas.
    Here it is, the real reason why so many SDSU fans also tend to like Northern State.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: The real reason USD is moving to D-I

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Coyotes live a "nervous existence" when living next to Wolves

Here it is, the real reason why so many SDSU fans also tend to like Northern State.

I don't think you want to start getting into a mascot war, one that the rabbit will lose almost every time. Coyotes eat rabbits for lunch.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      I don't think you want to start getting into a mascot war, one that the rabbit will lose almost every time. Coyotes eat rabbits for lunch.
      They have to catch them first.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wile E. Coyote might be a more apt Mascot.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
          Wile E. Coyote might be a more apt Mascot.
          A mascot, VERY CLOSE to Wily E Coyote was the USD mascot for years. Probably got the WB issue that Jacks are facing.

But yes, USD usually take ACME products with similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            A mascot, VERY CLOSE to Wily E Coyote was the USD mascot for years. Probably got the WB issue that Jacks are facing.

Don't forget that Augie had the Augie Doggie which was a knock-off of Droopy Dog. Back then the NCC was 3 for 3 in South Dakota schools with copyright-infringing logos.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              The D-I consulting firm that USD used is probably a subsidiary of ACME.

Comment

Sort of like painting a tunnel on a cliff wall, and the Jackrabbit - sorry, I mean Roadrunner - runs right though it to the Summit League and the Gateway, and the Coyote tries to run through the tunnel too?

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
                  Sort of like painting a tunnel on a cliff wall, and the Jackrabbit - sorry, I mean Roadrunner - runs right though it to the Summit League and the Gateway, and the Coyote tries to run through the tunnel too?

Your absolutely correct, 100% right, in a fantasy world. In the real world the Coyote catches and eats the road runner every time. USD is just playing their cards strategically. They always were for moving up to D1. They proved it when they voted the NCC to move up as a whole and waited in hopes it would happen. I don't think that is such an irresponsible thing to do. So no one can truley say with certainty that USD was forced to go to D1 because their intentions were to go the whole time even before SDSU decided to go. SDSU did not take some kind of a giant leap of faith. They followed the lead of UNC and NDSU. If it wasn't for them SDSU would not have gone to D1 alone. USD just waited and took what I consider the safe route. When the timing was right they went D1. They may or may not have had a choice depending on your way of thinking but it's a proven fact that USD had intentions to go D1 previously. They proved it by their vote.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

The vote...in public it is easy to say one thing but behind close doors well, unless your so wise and intelligent self was there puppy fan, don't believe all that is spun for public pride.

You consistently yip on this web site with nothing but gibberish, fly home to your beloved yote site...sorry, that was low...no one participates on that site do they troll?

Comment

Your absolutely correct, 100% right, in a fantasy world. In the real world the Coyote catches and eats the road runner every time. USD is just playing their cards strategically. They always were for moving up to D1. They proved it when they voted the NCC to move up as a whole and waited in hopes it would happen. I don't think that is such an irresponsible thing to do. So no one can truley say with certainty that USD was forced to go to D1 because their intentions were to go the whole time even before SDSU decided to go. SDSU did not take some kind of a giant leap of faith. They followed the lead of UNC and NDSU. If it wasn't for them SDSU would not have gone to D1 alone. USD just waited and took what I consider the safe route. When the timing was right they went D1. They may or may not have had a choice depending on your way of thinking but it's a proven fact that USD had intentions to go D1 previously. They proved it by their vote.
                      Its truly amazing how the facts of the past become twisted. Do you not remember when Pres Abbott said D2 was exactly where USD should be? I do and what about all the heckling coming from USD alums, about ending the rivalry. What a convenient memory you have.

Comment

The only reason that USD voted to move up as a whole, is because they knew the UNO's, SCSU's, Augie's, ETC. of the world would never do it. Hell, everyone knew that, that's why it was a joke that it was ever brought up, not to mention that the NCC would have to wait damn near 20 years for it to be a full-fledged conference in D-I.
                        Voting yes to the NCC moving to D-I as a whole allowed USD to "save face" and not look like complete pansies, only half pansies.
                        The arguement that, "well, we did vote to go D-I as a full conference" is just another example of the USD not having the Vision, but having plenty of excuses for just about everything.

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Your absolutely correct, 100% right, in a fantasy world.
                          It's quite realistic, really. The Jackrabbits have run right through that tunnel to the Summit League and the Gateway. The tunnel is not open to the Coyote, and no one knows when it will be.

In the real world the Coyote catches and eats the road runner every time.
                          If that's true, why are there still roadrunners? Given the choice, coyotes will eat garbage rather than hunt every time.

USD is just playing their cards strategically.
                          Perhaps USD is playing the strategy for go fish when the game is crazy eights.

They always were for moving up to D1.
                          "We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia" -- 1984

They proved it when they voted the NCC to move up as a whole and waited in hopes it would happen.
                          This proves only that USD was willing to move up to D-I only if all the others did so as well. It does not prove that the D-I move was USD's plan all along.

USD just waited and took what I consider the safe route. When the timing was right they went D1.
                          What is right about USD's timing? SDSU's timing looks pretty good by any measure.

Comment

You might be hitting the Red Kool Aid a little but too hard there Coyote_Fan. JackMD can probably expand on the number of things that it can do to a person but here is what I see:

Drinking too much Red Kool Aid can cause the following:

1. Poor long-term memory. There is no recollection of facts over time. You are way off base on how the NCC collapse went down.
                            2. Wild delusions of granduere! "USD is desired by every conference! Only we will decide what conference is good for us and do things only on our terms!" YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT THERE ISN'T ANYONE LOOKING FOR A DOG WITH FLEAS!!!!!
                            3. Lack of leadership. There is barely a plan there to take USD to D-1. How do you get everyone behind it if nobody knows what "it" is!
                            4. Severe loss of the ability to reason logically. Some of these comparisons and reasons for USD going D-1 are comical. USD had no choice in the end but to go. USD will probably struggle mightily which is bad for South Dakota.
                            5. Leads to a notion that transition to D-1 is a walk in the park. I've said it dozens of times here, transition sucks!!! Sucks bad!!! SDSU was very lucky to get to where we are now. Just don't see any of those breaks happening for our flea-bitten rivals to the south. Although, I do hope USD catches those breaks becaue it is good for South Dakota.
                            6. A desire to follow the leader. Every move has been a copy of SDSU! Just riding on our coat-tails. Why not though, they are pretty impressive coat-tails.

Face it USD, you always have and always be that other school in South Dakota and there isn't anything wrong with that! At SDSU, we like to say "You can go anywhere from here!" At USD the slogan should be, "We are going to follow SDSU wherever they go!"

Now run along you little puppy and watch out for the traps out there! You need good leadership to avoid them and I seriously question whether or not it is there at USD!

Best of luck to USD because you need it! Also, thanks again for reminding me that I don't miss the rivalry!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              You might be hitting the Red Kool Aid a little but too hard there Coyote_Fan. JackMD can probably expand on the number of things that it can do to a person but here is what I see:

Drinking too much Red Kool Aid can cause the following:

1. Poor long-term memory. There is no recollection of facts over time. You are way off base on how the NCC collapse went down.
                              2. Wild delusions of granduere! "USD is desired by every conference! Only we will decide what conference is good for us and do things only on our terms!" YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT THERE ISN'T ANYONE LOOKING FOR A DOG WITH FLEAS!!!!!
                              3. Lack of leadership. There is barely a plan there to take USD to D-1. How do you get everyone behind it if nobody knows what "it" is!
                              4. Severe loss of the ability to reason logically. Some of these comparisons and reasons for USD going D-1 are comical. USD had no choice in the end but to go. USD will probably struggle mightily which is bad for South Dakota.
                              5. Leads to a notion that transition to D-1 is a walk in the park. I've said it dozens of times here, transition sucks!!! Sucks bad!!! SDSU was very lucky to get to where we are now. Just don't see any of those breaks happening for our flea-bitten rivals to the south. Although, I do hope USD catches those breaks becaue it is good for South Dakota.
                              6. A desire to follow the leader. Every move has been a copy of SDSU! Just riding on our coat-tails. Why not though, they are pretty impressive coat-tails.

Face it USD, you always have and always be that other school in South Dakota and there isn't anything wrong with that! At SDSU, we like to say "You can go anywhere from here!" At USD the slogan should be, "We are going to follow SDSU wherever they go!"

Now run along you little puppy and watch out for the traps out there! You need good leadership to avoid them and I seriously question whether or not it is there at USD!

Best of luck to USD because you need it! Also, thanks again for reminding me that I don't miss the rivalry!

SUPERBUNNY
                              This post just made my Friday and earned SuperBunny some rep points!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X