Nomination/volunteer call for moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomination/volunteer call for moderators

With one of our moderators moving on to bigger and better things, the remaining mods think it's time to open up the position for volunteers, or for nominations from the user base.

Here's the rules:
    - Please nominate or volunteer via PM to myself and/or JackJD.

- Please don't nominate people (or dis-nominate people, if you take my meaning) on this thread.

- Nominees (or volunteers) should have a solid record of posting as an SDSU fan.

- Nominees or volunteers don't necessarily have to be the most prolific posters--quality counts much more than quantity.

- Nominees/volunteers should be fairly even-tempered (or the ability to be that way, most of the time). A willingness to let things slide is better than an iron fist, in most circumstances.

- Nominees/volunteers can be for moderation of the entire board ("Super Moderator"), for a particular section (i.e. SDSU, Beyond SDSU) or even for particular forums (i.e. SDSU Football, etc.). My preference is for those who will moderate the entire board, but we'll take what we can get.

- JackJD and I will go through the nominee's "body of work" and decide if he or she has the "right stuff."

Basic duties of a moderator:
    1. Reminding people to be civil to one another, with the open knowledge that those reminders are backed up by the ability to do something about if things get too out-of-hand.

That's really about it.

Moderation really doesn't take much more time than just reading and posting on the board as a user, but you get to be a user with a virtual foam stick with which uncivil posters can be whacked upside their virtual heads when warranted.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Nomination/volunteer call for moderators

I'd nominate myself, but I have this nasty habit of putting my foot in my mouth! Or at least in my hands, since the phrase doesn't translate well on a message board!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
    X