Texas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas State

The Bobcats come to town next. They are 1-2 with a 3 point win over Cal Poly and losses to D-II Abilene Christian and Baylor by a TD this week.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sport...otbl-body.html

I don't like this cliche, but this is a "must win". Go Jacks. We started 0-3 last season and turned it around. Let's do it again.
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Re: Texas State

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/vie...c4a2e9f019f7ce

Link to there board.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Coach Stig made his Monday appearence on In Zone with Jeff Culhane. One of the big questions asked of Coach Stig was what kind of quarterback would they face this coming week. He said the QB was a big guy 6-6, and they had film from the Abliene Christian game which showed several sacks. Coach Stig did not think he was near Eric Saunders capability, but he said that they could not take them for granted either and need to prepare for him.

Texas State fans seem desperate for a win this week just as we do. It been kind of up and down for them. Beat Cal Poly, but lose to Abliene Christian, D2 and then play Baylor close and lose by one TD. Lets hope we can ring up a W as we need to do that.

Here is the link to Bradley George profile, the 6-6 guy who is the QB.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sport...bradley00.html
      Last edited by Nidaros; 09-17-2007, 09:20 PM.

Comment

A 25 year-old sophomore?? What is this NCAA D-I Hockey?

Maybe a missprint.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Maybe a missprint.

Go Jacks!!
          Long ago I recall SDSU printed ages in the program and if some one was not 19 to 22 they kind of stuck out. I remember one guy named Al Breske, who was 25 or 26 according to the program. I remember the fans around me at the first game were wondering what his story was too, but he was putting rushing yards in the stat book at fullback and after helping SDSU win a NCC title, no one wondered much about his age. The Breske story was that he had enlisted or been drafted while a student and did his time with the military and came back to SDSU to finish his degree. In this time he apparently married and had a son Mike, who played also for SDSU and is now an assistant at Wyoming. Mike was the one of the finalists for head coach when Coach Stig was hired.

So age does not mean the guy is stupid, it means he was either in the military or working in the real world. If he feels up to it at 25, I dont see a problem. When you reach age 66, two or three years is the same age, especially if its under 66

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Long ago I recall SDSU printed ages in the program and if some one was not 19 to 22 they kind of stuck out. I remember one guy named Al Breske, who was 25 or 26 according to the program. I remember the fans around me at the first game were wondering what his story was too, but he was putting rushing yards in the stat book at fullback and after helping SDSU win a NCC title, no one wondered much about his age. The Breske story was that he had enlisted or been drafted while a student and did his time with the military and came back to SDSU to finish his degree. In this time he apparently married and had a son Mike, who played also for SDSU and is now an assistant at Wyoming. Mike was the one of the finalists for head coach when Coach Stig was hired.

So age does not mean the guy is stupid, it means he was either in the military or working in the real world. If he feels up to it at 25, I dont see a problem. When you reach age 66, two or three years is the same age, especially if its under 66

Didn't mean to make it sound like I thought he was stupid. I too am thinking it may be military.
            I'm sure Terry V. will be finding out the "real story" this week.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Maybe a missprint.

Go Jacks!!

Got it....Semi-Pro baseball player...ala Chris Weinke! Source: Stig spoke at Sioux Falls Staters.
              Seems upbeat, but still a little down about Saturday's 2nd half.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Thanks Pro80, now that I think about it Coach Stig mentioned it on Culhane's In the Zone yesterday. That is Brad George had played semi-pro baseball.

Kind of interesting but Jeff Culhane thinks SDSU is better than the 0-3 record. I expected some put down, but for the most part he respected the program at SDSU.

I am praying for a big win this weekend, we need one and I am not that religious but feel the need for a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I am praying for a big win this weekend, we need one and I am not that religious but feel the need for a win.

I hear you there. For the most part, the team has played well in all three games and I really hope they can put together a complete game and come out with a win against Texas State - these guys deserve it!

Go Jacks !!!
                  “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                    I hear you there. For the most part, the team has played well in all three games and I really hope they can put together a complete game and come out with a win against Texas State - these guys deserve it!

Go Jacks !!!
                    Yes, the UNI game was the only one where the Jacks were beat by a better team. Both the WIU and YSU games could have been Jacks wins with about two play changes each.

UNI is REALLY LOOKING Sharp!

Comment

I've heard the Texas State QB (I'm assuming the starter) lived a few years in Marion, SD....or one of them little towns near Sioux Falls, growing up.... Anybody else hear anything like this?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

25-year old QB, huh? One nice thing is he can probably get his not-yet 18 year old teammates into R-rated movies! LOL

Not a smack against the guy, just finding some humor in the situation! (Don't you just hate it when I have to post a disclaimer!)
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have to write this down to hopefully alleviate some of the general angst I'm feeling. I really need the Jacks to win this game and to win handily. I also really need the punting game to give me the impression that I couldn't do a better job (preventing me from once again having to grab my football, head out to my backyard to punt it a couple times myself just to prove that I can indeed at the age of 32, with a bad back, bad knees and the flexibility that allows me to barely stretch my hands past my knees, and without any formal training aside from a brief stint as the punter for my eigth grade football team, kick the ball 30 yards). Because, you see, I am one of a few Jackrabbit supporters in the greater-Milwaukee area and I need a little ammunition. I very much desire to be able to walk into the office this coming Monday and proclaim to everyone who will listen and to many who will be forced to listen by mere proximity that the Jackrabbit football team has once again gained their place as one of the better football teams in the land. I enjoy puffing out my chest and carrying around my SDSU mug for all to see. I like leaving my mini-Jacks helmet on some of the other attorney's desk so I can later go in there and act like it was taken from me in a fit of jealousy. I plan on sending a self-congratulatory email to myself via the office-wide email celebrating the Jacks' victory. It's pretty juvenile, I know, but that's how I roll. I just like bragging about SDSU and the football team. Give me a little juice, fellas. That's all I ask.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Very funny. I need the same fix. Here's hoping for a complete game Satuday. That way I don't have to fume on the two-hour drive home. Keep the faith. Go, Jacks!

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                            I have to write this down to hopefully alleviate some of the general angst I'm feeling. I really need the Jacks to win this game and to win handily. I also really need the punting game to give me the impression that I couldn't do a better job (preventing me from once again having to grab my football, head out to my backyard to punt it a couple times myself just to prove that I can indeed at the age of 32, with a bad back, bad knees and the flexibility that allows me to barely stretch my hands past my knees, and without any formal training aside from a brief stint as the punter for my eigth grade football team, kick the ball 30 yards). Because, you see, I am one of a few Jackrabbit supporters in the greater-Milwaukee area and I need a little ammunition. I very much desire to be able to walk into the office this coming Monday and proclaim to everyone who will listen and to many who will be forced to listen by mere proximity that the Jackrabbit football team has once again gained their place as one of the better football teams in the land. I enjoy puffing out my chest and carrying around my SDSU mug for all to see. I like leaving my mini-Jacks helmet on some of the other attorney's desk so I can later go in there and act like it was taken from me in a fit of jealousy. I plan on sending a self-congratulatory email to myself via the office-wide email celebrating the Jacks' victory. It's pretty juvenile, I know, but that's how I roll. I just like bragging about SDSU and the football team. Give me a little juice, fellas. That's all I ask.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

This might not all be news, but here are some injury updates, based on recent remarks by Coach Stig:
                              Receiver Mike Steffen, who dislocated and broke an ankle last spring, is not back to full speed, but he might play this weekend against Texas State.
                              DB Brock Gentile will be back with a broken hand that's heavily covered.
                              DL Kyle Sheehan is out of for the year with a torn muscle.
                              RB Trever Hohn is out for good with a knee injury.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X