Moving back to South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving back to South Dakota

I wanted to drop a line to let those who are interested know that I and my family will be moving back to South Dakota shortly. We are very excited and are looking forward to our new opportunities. See you in the Backyard!

Go State!

Re: Moving back to South Dakota

Very Nice and welcome back, it will be nice to have one more hard-core Rabbit fan back in the state!!

What town are you and your family moving to?

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

We are coming home to Brookings!

Go State!

Comment

Good for you and SDSU, 89!

Comment

Ahhh, welcome home 89Rabbit! Welcome home!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Welcome Back! Hope it is soon and the move goes well.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Best of luck with the move back to South Dakota. I've been pondering a move back myself, but just can't convince myself that that is the right thing for me and my family at this time. I think I will stay in the Bay Area for the rest of my life. But living in South Dakota is a close 2nd for me.

Good Luck!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                Best of luck with the move back to South Dakota. I've been pondering a move back myself, but just can't convince myself that that is the right thing for me and my family at this time. I think I will stay in the Bay Area for the rest of my life. But living in South Dakota is a close 2nd for me.

Good Luck!!!

Wife and I were just in your neck of the woods this past week NorCal! Beautiful country you've got there.
                I've been to about every "Big City" in the USA and San Fran is tied with NYC for my favorite after last weekend.
                Did the "49 mile drive" in San Fran in the rented car/convertible(only way to do it if anyone's wondering) and had a ball at Fisherman's Warf both nights...was a great time! Toured the wine country the day before, even beat the closure of the Bay Bridge by 2 hours on the way into San Fran from Napa!! You can't beat Highway 1 down to Monterrey and onward to LA and then onward to San Diego to visit my cousin Ron Burgandy.

But...nothing like a SD fall at CAS, pretty sure we'll never leave!!

Go Jacks!!
                Last edited by propar80; 09-10-2007, 03:37 PM.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Wife and I were just in your neck of the woods this past week NorCal! Beautiful country you've got there.
                  I've been to about every "Big City" in the USA and San Fran is tied with NYC for my favorite after last weekend.
                  Did the "49 mile drive" in San Fran in the rented car/convertible(only way to do it if anyone's wondering) and had a ball at Fisherman's Warf both nights...was a great time! Toured the wine country the day before, even beat the closure of the Bay Bridge by 2 hours on the way into San Fran from Napa!! You can't beat Highway 1 down to Monterrey and onward to LA and then onward to San Diego to visit my cousin Ron Burgandy.

Go Jacks!!
                  Thanks for the kind words, and yes the scenery is great. The weather is really good too. We were fortunate enough to buy a home here when prices were depressed and very thankful for what we have. That is the main reason for staying here, once you are fortunate enough to buy a house, you keep it. I would hate to move away and try and move back. We would never be able to afford our house if I had to buy it outright today.

Glad you enjoyed your time up here.

Go State!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Congrats. I just moved back from Cedar Falls last month. It is great to be close to the Jacks. There hasn't been a better time to be a Jackrabbit. Right now is the time when history is being made and new traditions are being started.
                    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Congrats 89 welcome back
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I'm a bit jealous, mainly because he'll be missing out on that wonderful six-hour commute to the basketball games in the dead of winter from Kansas City, while I'll still get to enjoy the I-29 drive.

Have I mentioned that I'm pro-global-warming?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Congrats, I must admit that I'm a bit jealous. Good luck, happy to hear you will be back home.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is 89 the new Alumni Association Director?
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!
                              My wife and I have done the same, propar80 and it was great. I had some business in Oakland and San Francisco and then took some time off. San Francisco has some sort of magic thing going on. After a few days, we also rented a car for the leisurely drive down Highway 1 with not particular place to be...through Monterrey, stopover at Carmel and Pebble Beach...as the sun sets, get a room a Ragged Point Inn...make the obligatory visit to the Heart Castle...spend a little time in Santa Barbara...end up in Los Angeles (and marvel at how there are just too damn many cars and people in L.A.! .... don't care if I go back to L.A. again!).

I think my wife and I would both rate that trip to San Francisco and south as one of the best we've had.

But a South Dakota fall is impossible to beat, whether I'm at CAS or walking through a field with my Golden Retriever looking for a pheasant.

Comment

Working...
                              X