Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngstown State

Western Illinois is history. It is now time to focus on the Penguins. It will be another blue-collar, Rust Belt football game. This is what it will be like every year starting next year in the Gateway.
    http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/index.htm
    They open with the Buckeyes in Columbus today at noon eastern.
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Re: Youngstown State

Good luck next week. Isn't the FCS Great? This makes College football fun to watch again, much different then the last few years in DII. You guys will have your work cut out for you in this game for sure. Youngstown will be a much stiffer test then Western Illinois and your guys will have to miinimize the errors or Youngstown will make you pay for them.

Comment

If we have half the mental errors of last week, no way it gets to one OT. I'm sure the team and coaches are more aware of this than anyone. Maybe Youngstown will come out today's game with a number of hurts that will last two weeks. Nah, rather beat them at full strength.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The YSU-OSU game is on the Big Ten Network. Directv channel 218.

YSU trails 24-3 at Ohio State in the 3rd quarter.

Elsewhere, FCS appalachian State leads Michigan in the 3rd quarter at Ann Arbor, 28-17 (with Michigan driving).
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Final: THE Ohio State University 38, Youngstown State University 6

Comment

Hey guys. I am a YSU fan as you can probably tell and I come here to discuss next Saturday's game at the Ice Castle. Not sure if anyone is going to dare make the trip to the Ice Castle, I say dare because Youngstown to SD is very far in my book.

I run a YSU Fan site called www.guinzone.com and we'd like to partner up with your site this week to discuss the upcoming game. Please reply back here to set something up.

Anyways, early prediction:
            YSU: 35
            SDSU: 17

Comment

It's only 849 miles to Youngstown from Brookings(according to the Gateway Media Guide that I picked up at the Western Game) Not that far.

Comment

Best of luck to the Jacks at YSU. It'll be a tough game, control that line of scrimmage. Hope Berry steps up and makes some plays.

DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! Go Jacks!
                AGGIE PRIDE

Comment

Originally posted by AggieFinn07 View Post
                  Best of luck to the Jacks at YSU. It'll be a tough game, control that line of scrimmage. Hope Berry steps up and makes some plays.

DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! Go Jacks!
                  Thanks Aggie Finn. Good luck against Portland State, hopefully both the Jacks and Aggies get the Great West back in the win column!

Go Jacks!!
                  “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Who else is heading out to Youngstown? We are heading out on Friday and will be there for the game.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Just a heads up. This is one of our top 5 games of the week. You can vote on our site for which game is going to be the Top Game for Week 2. We will also be featuring this game on our Wednesday broadcast.

SME Network has now updated all content from week 1 of the season. Check to see if your team has anyone listed on our weekly stars page, vote for the Week 2 Game of the Week, and check out the updated Top 25.

Top 25: www.smebroadcasting.com/footballTop25.html
                      Game of the Week: www.smebroadcasting.com
                      Weekly Stars: www.smebroadcasting.com/footballWeeklyStars.html
                      Play of the Week: www.smebroadcasting.com/football

Feel free to vote in all of the fan polls and check out the players of the week. We are also finalizing guests for this Wednesdays show.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                        Who else is heading out to Youngstown? We are heading out on Friday and will be there for the game.
                        Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                        I'm heading out to Youngstown also. My Dad and I are catching the team charter Friday morning from Sioux Falls.

Go Jacks !!
                        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

If you need tickets, we are giving away two to the first YSU or SDSU caller on tonights show.

Comment

Hopefully we will play a simple game plan. Run the ball, short pass when needed, and strech the field with Harris to keep them honest. Use our strengths, let Ryan build confidence running the offense. LB and DB will need to step up, Youngstown likes to push the ball right at you also. Looking for a good game, I think we will suprise them with our abilities. To beat us they will need to play the entire 60 minutes. A tough place to win, but I think we will. I'll be there SDSU 17 YSU 14

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                              Hopefully we will play a simple game plan. Run the ball, short pass when needed, and strech the field with Harris to keep them honest. Use our strengths, let Ryan build confidence running the offense. LB and DB will need to step up, Youngstown likes to push the ball right at you also. Looking for a good game, I think we will suprise them with our abilities. To beat us they will need to play the entire 60 minutes. A tough place to win, but I think we will. I'll be there SDSU 17 YSU 14

Go Jacks !!!!!!

I would love to make the trip. I watched SDSU play at Youngstown in 1973 in which SDSU did win. I lived in Dayton, Ohio at the time. Youngstown did not have much of a facility then, and they played the game at one of the local high schools. I understand they have a great place now on campus.

Also one of my friends was on the 1979 team and played in the one and only D2 playoff game at Youngstown. They got a ton of rain in the days before the game and our guys could not get anything going. We got squished pretty bad. Lets hope this time we can revenge this loss, even though it was 26 years ago. A simple game plan can win games and lets hope that is what we do. I will go with footballfan's score, as Parker Douglas seems to make a difference in putting points on the board. One FG can win it.

Comment

Working...
                              X