Western Illinois Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois Predictions

Man, I just have a great feeling about how things are going to go for the Jacks tonight! The Jacks are going to win the game on the lines which will cause pressure for their new qb and our qb will get a better opportunity to get into the flow!

I think we get those lilly-livered Leathernecks by 10 tonight, 34-24!

Isn't it awesome that college football is here again?!?!?!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Western Illinois Predictions

Here's what www.sportsnetwork.com had to say:

No. 20 South Dakota State at Western Illinois

One of the more interesting match-ups of the first weekend. With the Jackrabbits breaking in some new offensive players, Herb Donaldson and WIU give them a taste of what life in the Gateway Conference might be like. Western Illinois wins 31-17.

My estimate is 20-17 in favor of SDSU. Herb Donaldson is a top 5 runningback but what the leathernecks probably don't realize is that Corey Koenig is too. Look for a heavy dose of Koenig and our offensive line running over the leathernecks.

Comment

I hate to be the guy to bring the "doom and gloom" card to the predictions because, frankly, I feel that Catchemall has that market cornered. But, I'm a little worried about this game.

SDSU - 89
      WIU - 2

I see us getting a little sloppy towards the end of the game when our 4th string QB mistakenly takes a knee in his own endzone while trying to run out the clock. It's those type of mistakes that will kill a team down the road. Sorry for being a downer, but I'm just one of those guys who believes that it never pays to sugar coat anything. That's just who I am.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Im not sure what the score is going to be.. but i think sdsu will win it. one sign that i see in favor of sdsu is that the game starts at 6:05.. south dakota's area code!

Comment

In all seriousness, I see a close fought, low scoring game. Usually the D is a little ahead of the O at the beginning of the season. Throw in our inexperience at QB and their tendency to run and I think this is a game to feature alot of punts. The thing that surprises every team that plays the Jacks, or NDSU for that matter, is the size of our line and the physical nature of Plains football. Being smashed against harder than you're used to is not the type of surprise that is a fun one to experience. In the end, our size and ability to blow open some holes for our running game will allow us to prevail. Throw in one of the nation's best kickers and I see us winning a close one to start the season.

SDSU- 17
          WIU - 14

SDSU combines to rush for 150+ yards.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
            In all seriousness, I see a close fought, low scoring game. Usually the D is a little ahead of the O at the beginning of the season. Throw in our inexperience at QB and their tendency to run and I think this is a game to feature alot of punts. The thing that surprises every team that plays the Jacks, or NDSU for that matter, is the size of our line and the physical nature of Plains football. Being smashed against harder than you're used to is not the type of surprise that is a fun one to experience. In the end, our size and ability to blow open some holes for our running game will allow us to prevail. Throw in one of the nation's best kickers and I see us winning a close one to start the season.

SDSU- 17
            WIU - 14

SDSU combines to rush for 150+ yards.
            Took the words right out of my mouth. Will we play smash mouth in the 2nd half? I think we will.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X