• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni

The Panthers are bringing a bus:

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2...4359074300.txt

UNI offering bus trips to four road games

CEDAR FALLS - The ninth-ranked University of Northern Iowa football team will play six of its first nine games on the road this season.

The Panther Scholarship Club is offering bus trips for fans who want to join their team for games at South Dakota State Sept. 15, Illinois State Sept. 29, Western Illinois Oct. 20 and Missouri State Nov. 3.

The cost is $65 for the trips to Western Illinois and Illinois State, $95 for South Dakota State and $110 for Missouri State, although the price for South Dakota State and Missouri State will be reduced by $20 if more than 40 fans sign up. Those two games also require an overnight stay. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Uni

The Panthers are bringing a bus and so are we.

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...97&event_id=96

Go State!

Comment

Re: UNI

The Panthers are taking it to the Cyclones 31-6 at the start of the 4th quarter. Big game next week. Not quite a must win, but we need to get the monkey off of our back and they will be hungover.
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Final Score

UNI 24 - Iowa State 13

Go South Dakota State!

Comment

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb...10410/-1/ENT05

Jackrabbits pose obstacle to Northern Iowa going 3-0

By ROB GRAY
          REGISTER STAFF WRITER

Cedar Falls, Ia. - The Northern Iowa football team's convincing 24-13 win Saturday at Iowa State left many in Ames scratching, then shaking their heads.

And to think the Panthers got paid for their dominant performance.

Northern Iowa's athletic program received $300,000 for playing their larger intra-state foe.

Far less money, but a possible first, injects added intrigue into Saturday's 7:30 p.m. game at South Dakota State.

A win would give the Panthers their first 3-0 start under seventh-year coach Mark Farley.

He doesn't expect it to come easily.

"They've got a really good coaching staff right now and recruit similar (players) that we do," Farley said of the Jackrabbits. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Really looking foward to this game guys. If anyone is interested please come check us out a panthernation.com, we are always inviting to guests. See ya!

Go Panthers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
              Really looking foward to this game guys. If anyone is interested please come check us out a panthernation.com, we are always inviting to guests. See ya!

Go Panthers!!!!
              Hi jegbomb52, do you have a guess on how many Panther fans we'll see at the stadium this Saturday?

Go Jacks !!!
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

This was one game last year that the Jacks let slip away. 20-0? at half time last year, my memory fades me. Hopefully we can play a full game and limit our mistakes that hurt us last year and this year. The Jacks usually play tougher at home and I look for them to make the most out of the homefield advantage.

Comment

Hi SDSU fans,

I dont know how many will make the trip but I am sure there will be a good number ! I think the Panthers will have to play a very good game to walk out of there with a win, what I have seen so far shows SDSU has a very good team and could be 2-0 just as easy ! I think the SDSU vs UNI will become one of the better yearly games in the Gateway ! Like Jeg said all SDSU fans are welcome to visit www.panthernation.com ! This should become a great series between to great schools !

Go Panthers !!

Comment

It will be a great rivalry in my house. My girlfriend and her entire family are UNI alum. Her entire family are driving up to attend the game and tailgate, so should be a great rivalry for years to come. I bet I'll have the only site flying a SDSU and UNI flag on the same flag pole. GO JACKS!

Comment

what's going on here? No score predictions? Nerves starting to get to everyone? Alright, I'll start.

SDSU really has something to prove, namely that "being close" in the first two games of the season is not what we're after. Also, after blowing a 2 TD lead at the half during last year, SDSU has the confidence and belief that they should win this game. Couple that with an inevitable letdown by UNI after their huge win against ISU last week, a raucous Coughlin crowd hovering around the 15,000 mark, a night game (historically SDSU plays well under the lights - someone may even want to look this up), and SDSU gets their first victory. That's my best Chris Kelly impression...except I'm picking SDSU to win.

SDSU 31
                      UNI 27

I think its going to be a relatively high scoring game. Berry's going to hit a couple of those long passes that he's missed in the first two weeks. As a result, Koenig's going to have a little more room to run and we put up some good offensive numbers. Usually week three is where an offensive unit finds itself. Ours finds itself this game for an impressive victory in front of the home crowd capping off an all-SDSU, all the time, front page on the Argus Sunday morning highlighting the Super SDSU Weekend (or whatever Terry V called it) sweep by all involved SDSU sports.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                        what's going on here? No score predictions? Nerves starting to get to everyone? Alright, I'll start.

SDSU really has something to prove, namely that "being close" in the first two games of the season is not what we're after. Also, after blowing a 2 TD lead at the half during last year, SDSU has the confidence and belief that they should win this game. Couple that with an inevitable letdown by UNI after their huge win against ISU last week, a raucous Coughlin crowd hovering around the 15,000 mark, a night game (historically SDSU plays well under the lights - someone may even want to look this up), and SDSU gets their first victory. That's my best Chris Kelly impression...except I'm picking SDSU to win.

SDSU 31
                        UNI 27

I think its going to be a relatively high scoring game. Berry's going to hit a couple of those long passes that he's missed in the first two weeks. As a result, Koenig's going to have a little more room to run and we put up some good offensive numbers. Usually week three is where an offensive unit finds itself. Ours finds itself this game for an impressive victory in front of the home crowd capping off an all-SDSU, all the time, front page on the Argus Sunday morning highlighting the Super SDSU Weekend (or whatever Terry V called it) sweep by all involved SDSU sports.
                        SDSU 27
                        UNI 20
                        I'm not sure where this in coming from, but thats what i'm thinking.

Comment

I really hope the Jacks win and I want them to win, but I don't see it happening. Any team that can go to a Big 12 school at their house and beat them is a darn good team, even if it is Iowa St.

Northern Iowa 31
                          Jacks 17

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
                            I really hope the Jacks win and I want them to win, but I don't see it happening. Any team that can go to a Big 12 school at their house and beat them is a darn good team, even if it is Iowa St.

Northern Iowa 31
                            Jacks 17
                            Gotta disagree. I think the Jacks will win this game. Berry needs to be at his best and we can't get burned by turnovers or penalties. I'm looking for a defensive TD and something special from our special teams.

SDSU 30
                            UNI 24
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Gotta disagree. I think the Jacks will win this game. Berry needs to be at his best and we can't get burned by turnovers or penalties. I'm looking for a defensive TD and something special from our special teams.

SDSU 30
                              UNI 24

Hmmmm. Just when we seem outmatched, we usually pull one out. I think if we win, it's low-scoring. And, yes ... we have to keep penalities and turnovers in check. And we can't get off to our traditional slllllllow start. That's asking a lot ... the Panthers win a feild-goal fest:

UNI 23
                              Jacks 16
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X