Pre-game summaries for Gateway openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-game summaries for Gateway openers

From the Gateway site: summaries of the Aug 30 season openers including the SDSU Jackrabbits at Western Illinois:

* South Dakota State is the first of six ranked opponents this season. The Jackrabbits, along with #4 North Dakota State (Sept. 29), will be joining the Gateway Football Conference next season.
    * A win Thursday would move Coach Patterson into a tie for second place among career coaching
    victories at Western Illinois.
    * Western Illinois last opened a season with a ranked FCS opponent Aug. 30, 2001. The #13
    Leathernecks defeated #3 Western Kentucky 17-13 on Hanson Field in the Hilltoppers’ first game
    as a member of the Gateway Conference.
    * Western Illinois has won 30 consecutive non-conference home games during the regular season.

Here's the link to the full report:

http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1179272

Re: Pre-game summaries for Gateway openers

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    From the Gateway site: summaries of the Aug 30 season openers including the SDSU Jackrabbits at Western Illinois:

* South Dakota State is the first of six ranked opponents this season. The Jackrabbits, along with #4 North Dakota State (Sept. 29), will be joining the Gateway Football Conference next season.
    * A win Thursday would move Coach Patterson into a tie for second place among career coaching
    victories at Western Illinois.
    * Western Illinois last opened a season with a ranked FCS opponent Aug. 30, 2001. The #13
    Leathernecks defeated #3 Western Kentucky 17-13 on Hanson Field in the Hilltoppers’ first game
    as a member of the Gateway Conference.
    * Western Illinois has won 30 consecutive non-conference home games during the regular season.

Here's the link to the full report:

http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1179272
    Quite a road test for the Jacks. I am certain we will perform much better than we did in the opener at home last year or on the road at Cal-Davis in 2005. Still, this is going to be a tough one. As it says, against non-conf opponents they have been nearly unbeatable at home. Now, SDSU is a little different but so was Western Kentucky. I'm sure the Jacks are looking forward to the challenge. I wish I could be there.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
    X