Chairbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chairbacks

I drove past Coughlin yesterday, and there is a large part of the stadium in chairbacks now, I would say at least a sixth of the stadium is. How much do you think that the chairbacks are going to take away from attendence figures, much like the chairbacks did in Frost?

Re: Chairbacks

Season ticket holders had the option of adding seatbacks this year I believe.

Comment

Driving north up the interstate yesterday afternoon...drove into Brookings to swap vehicles with SDSU son and saw the new chair-back section in Coughlin. The chairbacks are in the middle section, west side, and go about two-thirds to three-fourths of the way to the top.

I think they have the potential to bring in more revenue...much more comfortable seating than bleachers. (But, lots of big stadiums still have bleachers...can really pack 'em in with bleachers as in Notre Dame and other places).

Comment

Christi Williams talked about chairbacks being installed for the season ticket holders in the fall sports media day.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...47&SPSID=64578

Comment

The chairbacks that they put in should not take any seating away form CAS. They are just bolted over the bence that is already there. One chairback for one bleacher seat.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Driving north up the interstate yesterday afternoon...drove into Brookings to swap vehicles with SDSU son and saw the new chair-back section in Coughlin. The chairbacks are in the middle section, west side, and go about two-thirds to three-fourths of the way to the top.

I think they have the potential to bring in more revenue...much more comfortable seating than bleachers. (But, lots of big stadiums still have bleachers...can really pack 'em in with bleachers as in Notre Dame and other places).
            My seats are in row 27, hope the backs go that high, but I kinda' doubt it. Oh well, it is still a blast to be there.

Comment

Working...
            X