X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball preview

Some more of what I did on my summer vacation
    http://www.freespaces.com/rabbitdenr...%20preview.pdf
    The Jackrabbits volleyball team returns to the court this year with new looks all-around. The first new look will be that of a team with a conference and a national title to play for. The Jacks officially joined the Summit League on July 1 and are immediately eligible for national tournament play. The second new look involves replacing eight players that left the program after last fall. Six incoming freshmen partially fill those voids.
    The biggest one to fill will be that of former setter Kristie Klusaw, who had an amazing career while here. Two equally talented freshmen, Nicole Peters and Melia Iwamoto will compete for a starting spot this fall. The challenge will be to see who develops faster into a quicker pace college game.
    A solid core of outside hitters return this fall. Senior Kristina Martin, who is in position rewrite some school records, leads the way. Junior Mackenzie Angner has materialized into a well balanced player over the winter and the spring and has bulked up considerably. Freshmen Annie Adams, who might be the most hyped recruit of the year, could easily compete for a starting spot with in the first week of the season. Two other freshmen Ashley Kathol and Jenna Rae Sitton, will also see considerable action this year in preparation of filling future voids on the front line.
    Senior Amy Anderson returns to a middle hitter position packed full of experience this year. Senior Mackenzie Osadchuk and junior Emily Rooney also return this year giving the Jacks experience in the middle that been missing in the past. Also coming into the mix is freshmen Amy Clemensen, who should factor in to get some experience this fall.
    Defensively, the Jacks are ready to have a good year. Spunky senior libero Samantha Pearson brings energy to the team, and is on pace to shatter the career digs record. Juniors Rachel Dahl and Justine Olsen return to after seeing much playing time last year, hoping to break out of Pearson’s shadow and get more playing time as they fight for a future starting spot down the road. Sophomore Stacey Wernet saw extensive playing time last year as a freshman and may have shown that she is the future of the program on the defensive side.
    The schedule to start the year is not a friendly one as they play eight of the first nine games on the road. The best games of the year could be the home and home series against Oral Roberts, IPFW and rival NDSU. Twelve home games dot the schedule so the chances of seeing a home game should come easily to most fans. At least thirty-three games over a four-month stretch define the team’s schedule with the bulk of the action in late August, early September.

Who to watch:
    Freshman Annie Adams is very athletic and very talented combine the 6’3” frame she has with around a 30 inch vertical could spell trouble for opponents. Senior Samantha Pearson as she finishes her amazing career with the Jacks and helps develop the younger defensive players. Sophomore Stacey Wernert, is quickly developing in to a well balanced player, she could become Pearson’s protégé by the end of the season. Junior Mackenzie Angner, has shown that she has what it takes to fill in for Martin, fun to watch on the court, Angner is a new threat on offense and defense for the Jacks.

My prediction:

Chemistry is already there for the team, if they get on a hot streak and keep it going look out Summit League. If the team comes out of the gate like they did last fall look out, but if the funk the team got into in the last few weeks of last year continues it could be a long season. Chalk it down, another twenty win season for the Jacks.

Re: Volleyball preview

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...29/1002/SPORTS
    Terry V. gives his preview of the Jacks this year.

Comment

Time to see how I am doing on my predictions.

SDSU 20 wins: 10-3
      Oral Roberts around 20 wins: 6-6
      Western 17 Wins or 17 losses: 4-8
      IUPUI 15 wins around a .500 record: 8-7
      UMKC 10 to 15 wins: 3-12
      Centenary 12-24 record: 1-12
      Oakland 5 or 6 wins: 5-8
      IPFW low 20s for wins: 6-6
      NDSU 12 or so wins: 9-3

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        Time to see how I am doing on my predictions.

SDSU 20 wins: 10-3
        SDSU is 11-3.

Comment

Time to see how I did on my predictions.

SDSU 20 wins: 23-8
          Oral Roberts around 20 wins: 16-14
          Western 17 Wins or 17 losses: 15-15
          IUPUI 15 wins around a .500 record: 13-17
          UMKC 10 to 15 wins: 5-27
          Centenary 12-24 record: 2-28....OUCH
          Oakland 5 or 6 wins: 8-21
          IPFW low 20s for wins: 19-10
          NDSU 12 or so wins: 20-7

Comment

Working...
          X