USD Women playing a juco?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Women playing a juco?!?!

Wow, you want people to take you serious and you are playing a juco (Dixie State) on your schedule the year before you are supposed to start D1.hmm well as long as you don't lose because that would be pretty embarrassing...four NAIA schools and a juco the year before they are to go D1..I think SDSU women did a little better than that

Re: USD Women playing a juco?!?!

Ok ok I just did a little more research and saw that Dixie made the jump from NJCAA to the NCAA this past year. But still........a lot of the players on their roster are from when they recruited as a juco..I guess this is a historic game...Dixie State taking USD's spot in D2

Comment

Yep...they're really "ramping" it up down there. I sure would be excited if I were a USD fan (thank god I was led in the right direction).
      I would've thought the athletic dept. down there would be smart enough to hold off scheduling a national powerhouse like Dixie State until the 2008-2009 season. Considering they will be lucky to get any teams other than NAIA, D-III and to come to the dump for WBB/MBB.

Can't wait to see what kind of OCC schedule Boots comes up with for the Men's team for 2007-2008.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Well, say what you will about Chad Lavin... for a 54-year old, he has a pretty decent bat for the Grey Sox... too bad he doesn't have the legs anymore... perhaps they're worn out from trying to play catchup to the ORIGINAL Division One school in South Dakota!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Even if Dixie State is in a transition from Juco to NCAA, I believe they have had good programs plus if the athletes retained are JUCO, they might be very good athletes. Its about filling schedules, and I dont want to protect USD, but can we all say William Penn?. On this one, I am going to give Chad a pass. Wow playing baseball at age 54, that is something.
          Last edited by JackJD; 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I think Chad is 52 or just attained his 53rd birthday.

But, speaking playing basketball at an advanced age, talk to city-league basketball partisans in Rapid City about SDSU great Doug Peterson (Class of 64, SDSU Hall of Fame, 1996; team captain football, basketball and baseball; played all 40 minutes of the national title game against Wittenburg, 1963). Pete is still running circles around everybody and he's somewhere in the 60s. If you know Pete, you know he won't slow down...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I think Chad is 52 or just attained his 53rd birthday.

But, speaking playing basketball at an advanced age, talk to city-league basketball partisans in Rapid City about SDSU great Doug Peterson (Class of 64, SDSU Hall of Fame, 1996; team captain football, basketball and baseball; played all 40 minutes of the national title game against Wittenburg, 1963). Pete is still running circles around everybody and he's somewhere in the 60s. If you know Pete, you know he won't slow down...ever.
              I believe Doug Peterson is 65. A great athlete who I always admired. Not surprised he is still playing bb in city leagues.

Also another one who broke his hip playing basketball city league basketball this past winter is Bob Fishback who is probably 71 some time this year. Bob is not an SDSU alum but a very generous friend of SDSU. I guess we have a lot of old timers out there that have kept up with their game over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Even if Dixie State is in a transition from Juco to NCAA, I believe they have had good programs plus if the athletes retained are JUCO, they might be very good athletes. Its about filling schedules, and I dont want to protect USD, but can we all say William Penn?. On this one, I am going to give Chad a pass. Wow playing baseball at age 54, that is something.
                Good points but it is a smack board so no slack needs to be cut here.

Go Dixie State!!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Are you guys being serious or have you never looked at a schedule before??? The Coyote Women play Dixie State in a December tournament in California. Figure it out!!! Can't you think of something better to bang on USD about?? I guess not, when you first botch the initial level of competition you were cocking to start with, and you can't figure out the format of the schedule.

Why don't you keep complaining about being 4th out of 5 in the Great West while you're at it. Ridiculous.

Comment

You know, you're right...

It's better than being 5th out of 5, which is where USD is going to be once they make the move!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by yanktonyote View Post
                      Are you guys being serious or have you never looked at a schedule before??? The Coyote Women play Dixie State in a December tournament in California. Figure it out!!! Can't you think of something better to bang on USD about?? I guess not, when you first botch the initial level of competition you were cocking to start with, and you can't figure out the format of the schedule.

Why don't you keep complaining about being 4th out of 5 in the Great West while you're at it. Ridiculous.
                      Nice 1st post YanktonYote. There have been 8 posts prior to yours (1st post started the topic a week ago. 2nd post "SDHoops" recanted the 1st post because he made a mistake and did some more research. 4th Post complimented Lavin on his baseball career. Fifth Post "Nidaros" also made some good comments toward Lavin. 6th Post talked about another topic. And then JackMD clearly states the purpose of this Section, it is a Smack Section in post 7). So there have been 8 total posts (only 3 real smack posts) on this topic "USD Women playing a juco?" in a Total of one week. Believe me YanktonYote we have not really put too much time and effort into this Smack Topic. Maybe on your beloved Coyote Fan board 8 replies to a topic in a weeks time would be considered popular but not on this board. Welcome.

Comment

Then again he might not even venture to the yote board...from what I see their own fans dont frequent it. They prefer getting on the Jacks board to see how this transition and move was really supposed to be done.

Darn it, I promised myself that I wouldnt squable with the step sisters this year...oh well, whats done is done, I better get the shovel and boots out because we know its just going to start rolling from here on.

Between the Mavbots and the k9's, I just don't know who is going to give me the most humor this year...let's all admit it...it's been to damn slow on the smack section lately.

Someone needs to strike up a battle...Cactus, Doc, Blue, UW, etc... it's now time to unleash
                        the beast lets TURN IT UP!

GO BIG! GO BLUE! GO JACKS!

Comment

Yeah I guess, it must have been a down time for you guys to be talking about that stuff

Comment

Seriously though, somebody needs to convince me how you guys are going to finish better than 4th this year in the Great West. And I know I'm off topic on this fantastic thread but oh well.

Kardoes did so much for you guys a year ago that it's easy to think that success will carry over to the next. Berry is a steady QB and I do think he should be the #1 guy. But if I'm defenses I'm loading things up in the box and forcing him to beat me 3rd and Med, 3rd and Long. We know he's not mobile.

And I know you're defense is improved, but there's only one game that's a win for you and that's Southern Utah, heck they'd be a middle of the pack team in the NCC. Is your homefield strong enough to beat NDSU? Possibly. But the California teams are going to have you on their radar this year and will be gunning for you. Where do you all honestly figure you're going to finish?

Comment

You do know that every FCS Pre-Season Poll (except 1) has us ranked in the Top 25, one as high as 10th right?

Let me guess you are another one of those Coyote FCS "experts" who has never seen a FCS game but knows all about it, right?

You guys should worry about scoreing some points this year on a FCS school, last year's game didn't go so well for you.

SDSU 20 - Central Arkansas 7

Central Arkansas 24 - USD 0

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X