PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

filbert
08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Sure, it's fun to put people in your ignore list, but why not play with them first, while also giving some of your favorite posters pats on the back.

Up on the title bar of each post is a little balance-scale icon. You can add reputation points to the author of your favorite posts (and take them away from your less favorites). Over time, the entire board community will determine who knows what they're talking about, and who doesn't.

Try it!

Hammersmith
08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
You might want to jumpstart everyone by giving them 10pts. Reputation only counts if the person giving it has 10pts or more. Since everyone currently has 0pts, we'll all be spinning our wheels. It took a week or so over at Bisonville until we figured it out. The rep system still hasn't taken off over there; I don't think anyone has gotten to the second green dot(50pts).

gojacksgo
09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Did you bump everyone's up to 10 to start with? Or did I actually get some rep points?

Would be a bit surprising, but just checking.

filbert
09-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Did you bump everyone's up to 10 to start with? Or did I actually get some rep points?

Would be a bit surprising, but just checking.
yep, folks got an initial bump.

thebluehatman
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
*bump*

SDSUJack3031
03-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Green=good rep
Red=bad rep
Gray??

BTownJack
03-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I've noticed that as well and have never been able to figure out what the deal is there. Rep points (green) for bringing it up!

thebluehatman
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Gray = person does not have 50 posts, so rep doesn't count.

SDSUJack3031
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Gray = person does not have 50 posts, so rep doesn't count.

I actually get rep points and it's not any good! Now that's funny!

Thanks BHM. I'll spread the green your way!

jackrabit1
06-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I think we have a troll on the board that's messing with people's rep points... especially over on the Football board.

You don't like a story or what a person says, have some sack and speak up on the board! Unless you're chicken!

boxerboy
06-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I think we have a troll on the board that's messing with people's rep points... especially over on the Football board.

You don't like a story or what a person says, have some sack and speak up on the board! Unless you're chicken!

Well it certainly isn't me. I don't even know how to give people rep points etc.

Nidaros
06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Well it certainly isn't me. I don't even know how to give people rep points etc.

No boxer I dont think it was you. I think you would have courage enough to leave your handle or name if you gave me negative points.

But I dont think I whined about the negatives and I really dont care, but I do resent the vindicitive and nameless person who left me this message and a few negs.

"All this damn whining about getting negative rep is annoying."

Annoying to who? You failed to state your handle and if you were a real person of substance I dont think you would have any problem doing that. Maybe I am just a little idealisitic, but I dont really appreciate cowards either so take all the points from me you like. I am curious though and would like to know who I offend and I will gladly discuss it off the board.

boxerboy
06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
No boxer I dont think it was you. I think you would have courage enough to leave your handle or name if you gave me negative points. But I dont think I whined about the negatives and I really dont care, but I do resent those vindicitive and nameless person who left me this message and a few negs.

"All this damn whining about getting negative rep is annoying."

Annoying to who? You failed to state your handle and if you were a real person of substance I dont think you would have any problem doing that. Maybe I am just a little idealisitic, but I dont really appreciate cowards either so take all the points from me you like. I am curious though and would like to know who I offend and I will gladly discuss it off the board.

Hey Nidaros, we have disagreed on some things but I respect your opinions. I also have noticed you know a lot more about SDSU history than I do. I also thoroughly enjoy reading other opinions regardless of whether I agree or not.

Nidaros
06-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Nidaros, we have disagreed on some things but I respect your opinions. I also have noticed you know a lot more about SDSU history than I do. I also thoroughly enjoy reading other opinions regardless of whether I agree or not.
Boxer Boy:
Thank you Boxer Boy. The last few sentences of my prior post were not intented to be directed to you, but were aimed at this nameless troll who is giving out negs at random just to irrate people. I hope you recognized that. If not, my apologies.

I enjoy your comments on NW Iowa and Michigan.

jackmd
06-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I expect dissenting opinions but find it childish to give negative rep points because you disagree with someone. Reply with a post or send a PM so reasonable discourse can occur. Just my opinion on the matter.

thebluehatman
11-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Apparently some people are bitter towards some posters after this doozy I got?
3,400 posts in two and a half years......you need a life.....douche bag.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
11-07-2008, 11:20 AM

awesome

jackmd
11-07-2008, 11:41 AM

Read my signature line, learn it, live it, love it.

Jacks-02
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM

I'm guessing this is a case where the more you complain about your reputation the more people like the one who dinged you before will do it again.

I agree it's completely lame and undeserved, but I'm not sure complaining about it will help you much.

Just MHO.

EQguy
11-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I have seen on AGS where when you rep someone positive or negative that your screen name automatically populates in that person's rep tally.

Mods - any chance of that happening here? That would atleast keep the unknown assaults from happening.

JackJD
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Not sure...will check it out. We haven't had too many problems (South Dakota State "nice", I guess) but I think the comment made to Bluehat was unwarranted and I'll have a private chat with the person who gave the neg rep.

I am uncertain whether Moderators can erase a negative rep point but we can edit the accompanying comments...and I did.

I've spent a significant part of my morning dealing with jerks (job security for lawyers, I guess) and I am less tolerant this noon hour as I quickly go through new posts.

Back to the sandbox, everybody, and play nice. We are here because we are Jackrabbit fans.

Get to Brookings tomorrow! It's only my second game (my excuse is perfectly legitimate: the only reason I've missed football games this year is because I have been at a different Jackrabbit sporting event).

JackJD

jacksfaninne
11-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Sounds like something my mom once said to me (just the last part). Man, she can be mean sometimes.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
11-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Sounds like something my mom once said to me (just the last part). Man, she can be mean sometimes.

Even more awesome

EQguy
11-07-2008, 07:00 PM
When I was 12 and my brother was 8 he called me a douche in front of my mom. I thought the poor kid wasn't going to come out alive.

SDSUJack3031
11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
I have seen on AGS where when you rep someone positive or negative that your screen name automatically populates in that person's rep tally.

Mods - any chance of that happening here? That would atleast keep the unknown assaults from happening.

I would agree. I always put my screen name on there when I give reps or negs.

joeboo22
11-16-2008, 12:02 AM
I think I might have everybody beat.... I'll admit a fair share of my neg's are deserved but these are some of the ones I get

About movies I got this one... "You are an absolute moron....get a life loser. And GET OFF THE SDSU BOARD."

This was about an alternative to the bailout... "You are a complete douche bag. Please save us the pain of reading your retarded posts and quit posting here. Post on your blog which no one reads." He apparently reads it a lot as he replied to it again with another similar response.

I actually think that the 3 of them were from the same guy but I don't know..... Its getting kinda retarded.... i don't have a problem when I say something dumb and deserve it but when its about a movies it gets a little old.....

joeboo22
11-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I think I might have everybody beat.... I'll admit a fair share of my neg's are deserved but these are some of the ones I get

About movies I got this one... "You are an absolute moron....get a life loser. And GET OFF THE SDSU BOARD."

This was about an alternative to the bailout... "You are a complete douche bag. Please save us the pain of reading your retarded posts and quit posting here. Post on your blog which no one reads." He apparently reads it a lot as he replied to it again with another similar response.

I actually think that the 3 of them were from the same guy but I don't know..... Its getting kinda retarded.... i don't have a problem when I say something dumb and deserve it but when its about a movies it gets a little old.....

add another one.... Its bad enough that your reason is "douche" to give neg rep points but at least put your name behind it.... I'll say it again like I've said it before, I post plenty of things that deserve a neg ratings, but I ask for a reason, "douche" is not a reason......

bub94
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
that's funny stuff. I'm just surprised the person spelled douche right (unless you corrected his spelling).

RabbitObsessed
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Some one gave me positive rep points, and the only comment was "Dumb a**"

Made me laugh.

A quick edit: Some one negative repped me for this post stating "Complaning about people dinging you makes me ding you again."

I just wanted to respond to the person, but it was anonymous, so I'm posting it here. Mods can delete this if they want.

1) I didn't complain, because I don't care.
2) No one "dinged" me. It was a positive rep. I stated that in my post.
3) I honestly don't care about "rep points" or what anyone on this board thinks (no offense) cause I don't know any of you guys. (Thankfully ;))
4) I only posted it here because I found it funny and ironic that the poster gave me positive rep and called me a "dumb a**" at the same time.

SDSUJack3031
12-17-2008, 09:19 PM

Made me laugh.

A quick edit: Some one negative repped me for this post stating "Complaning about people dinging you makes me ding you again."

I just wanted to respond to the person, but it was anonymous, so I'm posting it here. Mods can delete this if they want.

3) I honestly don't care about "rep points" or what anyone on this board thinks (no offense) cause I don't know any of you guys. (Thankfully ;))
4) I only posted it here because I found it funny and ironic that the poster gave me positive rep and called me a "dumb a**" at the same time.

They probably just forgot to click on the negative rep points.....

RabbitObsessed
12-17-2008, 09:48 PM
They probably just forgot to click on the negative rep points.....

I know, and I'm the dumb a**?

SDSUJack3031
12-17-2008, 10:01 PM

Made me laugh.

Then why did you post it. You're entire post seems like you didn't understand.

jackmd
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I love the posts that get 2 anonymous demerits and 3 or 4 identified positive reps. That's when I know I've touched on a hot topic.

tjbison
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM
ok this is just a question, over the course of my time here on the board I have revieved a couple positive reps from people, the thing is I generally find a way to give back, but this board doesn't allow you to see the poster that gave you the rep unless they type it into the comment line. Bisonville and AGS shows A) which post they repped you on B) time and date C) poster who gave the rep D) and the comment line.

Just a suggestion it would help people return any positive comments;)

and thanks to all who have been generous to me from a another school

filbert
01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
ok this is just a question, over the course of my time here on the board I have revieved a couple positive reps from people, the thing is I generally find a way to give back, but this board doesn't allow you to see the poster that gave you the rep unless they type it into the comment line. Bisonville and AGS shows A) which post they repped you on B) time and date C) poster who gave the rep D) and the comment line.

Just a suggestion it would help people return any positive comments;)

and thanks to all who have been generous to me from a another school
I suppose there's a fiddly bit somewhere in the configuration of the board where you tell it that reputation is anonymous or not. I might go take a look, I guess . . .

filbert
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I suppose there's a fiddly bit somewhere in the configuration of the board where you tell it that reputation is anonymous or not. I might go take a look, I guess . . .
OK, I found the fiddly bit, and changed it so that people should be able to see who's giving out the reputation hits--positive and negative--now.

We'll see how it goes . . .

goon
01-03-2011, 05:00 PM
OK, I found the fiddly bit, and changed it so that people should be able to see who's giving out the reputation hits--positive and negative--now.

So for goons and the like who dont get reputation, its not really going to make a difference eh?

thank you, ill be here all night, try the cheesy patatos they are the best.

tjbison
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM

Cool thanks Filbert, I just like the fact it gives me the chance to thank people who liked or in some cases dislike what I posted.

slosho
01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
and it appears to be retroactive... nice! as I recently received neg rep points for a post anonymously... not anymore.

ringthebells
01-06-2011, 06:49 AM
same here slosho, I wondered what dumbass would give neg rep points and have their reason be "because I can". Now I know.

slosho
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
one question on how the rep pts work...
When i get a positive rep from someone it adds more than one..is there a set value? any Idea why it is more than one? or is it like starting you checks out with #101... just curious

RabbitObsessed
01-06-2011, 01:11 PM
one question on how the rep pts work...
When i get a positive rep from someone it adds more than one..is there a set value? any Idea why it is more than one? or is it like starting you checks out with #101... just curious

It either has to do with how many posts you have or how much rep you have. I think it is rep.

filbert
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
It either has to do with how many posts you have or how much rep you have. I think it is rep.
The amount of reputation "power" you have depends on your number of posts.

tjbison
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
The amount of reputation "power" you have depends on your number of posts.

Ok that seems weird, for Instance I have 65,900 some Rep points on BV, i didn't gain the power to alter anyones rep till I got alot of points, and starting out had more posts than points. The only way my point total increases is if someone hits me with Pos rep (espescially TAB my god that guy must have 100,000 plus points). Is it a board setting on how you earn?

I guess another way to explain if I get Pos rep from someone with 3,000 posts and only 3 or 4 green chicklets it doesn't bump me as high as someone with 300 posts and full bar of green chicks

filbert
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Ok that seems weird, for Instance I have 65,900 some Rep points on BV, i didn't gain the power to alter anyones rep till I got alot of points, and starting out had more posts than points. The only way my point total increases is if someone hits me with Pos rep (espescially TAB my god that guy must have 100,000 plus points). Is it a board setting on how you earn?

I guess another way to explain if I get Pos rep from someone with 3,000 posts and only 3 or 4 green chicklets it doesn't bump me as high as someone with 300 posts and full bar of green chicks
I was partially right . . . it's a combination of how long since you're user id was created, how many posts, and how much reputation you've already gained--a mixture of the three.

JackJD
01-06-2011, 07:17 PM

I suppose one has to factor in officiating when considering rep points on Bisonville.

tjbison
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I suppose one has to factor in officiating when considering rep points on Bisonville.

well this could very well be, but that would also say that the officiating on BV is VERY questionable being I have recieved nearly 66,000 rep points...maybe we should review them:eek::rolleyes:;):D

BTownJack
01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
well this could very well be, but that would also say that the officiating on BV is VERY questionable being I have recieved nearly 66,000 rep points...maybe we should review them:eek::rolleyes:;):D

I would tend to agree that it seems like everyone on there has more rep bubbles than anyone on here. I always thought it was because you guys spread the love more than we do and you post more than we do (both probably true). But maybe it has something to do with our progression is slower than Bisonville?

RowdyRabbit
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
I would tend to agree that it seems like everyone on there has more rep bubbles than anyone on here. I always thought it was because you guys spread the love more than we do and you post more than we do (both probably true). But maybe it has something to do with our progression is slower than Bisonville?

Yes.

When you get repped on BV, you typically get THOUSANDS of rep points at a time. Here you get a couple dozen pts at a time, if not less.

Personally, I like how rep here works better than on BV.

Hammersmith
01-07-2011, 06:39 PM

These are the reasons. The progression is the same(I think), but there's sort of a critical mass to the system. Once enough posters have fairly high rep power, everyone's green bars max out really quickly. I remember when the same thing happened at AGS and the mods tried to reset the levels. There was a near-mutiny among the top rep holders. Of course, it wasn't a normal week back then if there wasn't a near-mutiny, so...

tjbison
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Yes.

When you get repped on BV, you typically get THOUSANDS of rep points at a time. Here you get a couple dozen pts at a time, if not less.

Personally, I like how rep here works better than on BV.

umm....it works exactly the same on BV as here:rolleyes:

TransAmBison
01-08-2011, 07:07 AM

100,000 was a long time ago. ;)

Rep is the same here as on bv. Think of it as a snowball rolling down a hill getting bigger and going faster. If there were more posts here and people repping a bit more it would have taken off faster. I'll do what I can. :D

tjbison
01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
100,000 was a long time ago. ;)

Rep is the same here as on bv. Think of it as a snowball rolling down a hill getting bigger and going faster. If there were more posts here and people repping a bit more it would have taken off faster. I'll do what I can. :D

Ha thats why I added the PLUS;)

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 08:01 AM
My first neg rep from a Jacks fan. It seems Nidaros does not like my yellow coat. Haters will hate.

goon
01-11-2011, 08:39 AM
My first neg rep from a Jacks fan. It seems Nidaros does not like my yellow coat. Haters will hate.

Calling out when someone gives neg points should deserve in getting more neg points. Does any one like that yellow coat? Big bird called and wants his costume back.

Nidaros
01-11-2011, 08:46 AM

I never implied hate, I dislike your coat. It makes you look ridiously silly but what the hell , its game day in fargo. How do you get hate out of that? Are we to be strictly in the state of awe that you are a big bison fan? Gee I did not think so. I am one Jack fan who is not awed by the rowdies form the north. Now the older fans from Fargo are fun and I had many interesting conversations in West Acres as I parade around wearing SDSU garb.

I am showing love by telling you the truth about your appearence here on the board through pictures. JackJD said you were a good guy and I respect his opinion so why not be honest with you and your disgusting looking coat? Thats all!!

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Calling out when someone gives neg points should deserve in getting more neg points. Does any one like that yellow coat? Big bird called and wants his costume back.

If you feel the need to neg rep me, shower it. Make it rain. Trust me, if you want to get into a smack fest I think I can hold my own.

As for the comment if anybody likes the yellow coat...there might be a few.

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 09:14 AM
I never implied hate, I dislike your coat. It makes you look ridiously silly but what the hell , its game day in fargo. How do you get hate out of that? Are we to be strictly in the state of awe that you are a big bison fan? Gee I did not think so. I am one Jack fan who is not awed by the rowdies form the north. Now the older fans from Fargo are fun and I had many interesting conversations in West Acres as I parade around wearing SDSU garb.

I am showing love by telling you the truth about your appearence here on the board through pictures. JackJD said you were a good guy and I respect his opinion so why not be honest with you and your disgusting looking coat? Thats all!!

Should you be in awe of me? Its a bit early in the year to expect a red carpet rolled out...you guys don't seem to develop coordination until about the 4th or 5th week of the football season. Does the coat look ridiculous? Most definitely...that is precisely what makes it awesome. Its over the top, just like its owner. Once I get a little more time I will post one of my scam-baits and you guys might get a little better feel for what I am about.

Nidaros
01-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Should you be in awe of me? Its a bit early in the year to expect a red carpet rolled out...you guys don't seem to develop coordination until about the 4th or 5th week of the football season. Does the coat look ridiculous? Most definitely...that is precisely what makes it awesome. Its over the top, just like its owner. Once I get a little more time I will post one of my scam-baits and you guys might get a little better feel for what I am about.

Okay fair enough.

Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls
01-11-2011, 09:49 AM

You should hit up the Good Samaritan Center in Fargo.

goon
01-11-2011, 10:02 AM
If you feel the need to neg rep me, shower it. Make it rain. Trust me, if you want to get into a smack fest I think I can hold my own.

not surprised an NDSU fan would complain about neg rep points. Prolly blame that on the refs too.

I would give you neg reps for complaining about it but that would only cause the problem to continue. But I know thats hard for NDSU fans to not try to bring attention to themselves.

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM
not surprised an NDSU fan would complain about neg rep points. Prolly blame that on the refs too.

Now to the uneducated person that would be some good smack. But to those of us that saw the neg rep being pressed, one can clearly see the ref did not have a proper angle to make the call he did. It was a terrible call...probably the worst call I have ever seen. He should be fired, hired somewhere else, and then fired again.

filbert
01-11-2011, 11:24 AM

I would give you neg reps for complaining about it but that would only cause the problem to continue. But I know thats hard for NDSU fans to not try to bring attention to themselves.
Drop the smack in non-smack sections unless you want a couple weeks' time-out, m'kay?

goon
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Drop the smack in non-smack sections unless you want a couple weeks' time-out, m'kay?

No sir, I don't. My apologies for the smack, but I feel my point remains valid about people complaining about getting neg rep points. I will move on to more constructive threads.

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I am used to neg rep points being used for extreme situations...people who get them really earned them. I got one for basically...I don't like how you look boy (in my mind it sounds like a back-woods hillbilly drawling the words out while using a toothpick to clean ol' chopper).

I'm sure not expecting to get truckloads of positive rep here. Maybe after a long spell being here I may start to accrue some. Time will tell if Jackrabbit fans laugh at themselves. Who knows, time will tell if my style of humor will be tolerated by the moderators.

You guys have a nice messageboard here, but it is a bit quiet...but most boards are quiet this time of year. I'm just trying to bring a little life into it. More to come.

rabidrabbit
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
I am used to neg rep points being used for extreme situations...people who get them really earned them. I got one for basically...I don't like how you look boy (in my mind it sounds like a back-woods hillbilly drawling the words out while using a toothpick to clean ol' chopper).

I'm sure not expecting to get truckloads of positive rep here. Maybe after a long spell being here I may start to accrue some. Time will tell if Jackrabbit fans laugh at themselves. Who knows, time will tell if my style of humor will be tolerated by the moderators.

You guys have a nice messageboard here, but it is a bit quiet...but most boards are quiet this time of year. I'm just trying to bring a little life into it. More to come.

The SDSU board is quiet.... when compared to Bisonville. Bisonville is likely a top 5 FCS traffic board. I suspect only Delaware, Georgia Southern, Montana out-traffic Bisonville. Within the Summit, SDSU #2 behind Bisonville.

Always enjoy seeing some non-SDSU folks here.

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Me thinks a full scam-bait may draw a few in. I'll try to get it started this week for you guys to enjoy. I'm thinking the Balla Hassan hitman scam may be of interest. I'm mentioning the name for the posters here that may have read it on bisonville.

tjbison
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Me thinks a full scam-bait may draw a few in. I'll try to get it started this week for you guys to enjoy. I'm thinking the Balla Hassan hitman scam may be of interest. I'm mentioning the name for the posters here that may have read it on bisonville.

CLASSIC!!! laughed many hours at that one

SDSUAlum08
01-11-2011, 07:28 PM

He doesn't like many people or change. I wouldn't worry about it. My sig is what he wrote giving me neg rep one time. Kind of funny.

SDSUAlum08
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM

That comment made me laugh out loud.

SDSUAlum08
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
You should hit up the Good Samaritan Center in Fargo.

This was even better!

SDSUAlum08
01-11-2011, 07:35 PM

You're humor isn't going to be liked. Many will need to get used to it but it's just your style. Hopefully most don't take it personally.

You were good until you made a comment about getting a stupid neg rep. You do know you're on an SDSU message board right? I get those all the time at Bisonville just because my name has SDSU in it, even though most of the time I'm just pointing things out and not smacking either team. Get used to it. It's just how it is. I could care less and I'm sure you don't.

Nidaros
01-11-2011, 08:02 PM
He doesn't like many people or change. I wouldn't worry about it. My sig is what he wrote giving me neg rep one time. Kind of funny.

When you made your smart as@ remark about Jack#1 fan being old I thought it was time to call a spade a spade or even a@@hole. Putting it on your signature does not embarrass me one bit. I meant every word of it.

tjbison
01-11-2011, 08:05 PM
You're humor isn't going to be liked. Many will need to get used to it but it's just your style. Hopefully most don't take it personally.

You were good until you made a comment about getting a stupid neg rep. You do know you're on an SDSU message board right? I get those all the time at Bisonville just because my name has SDSU in it, even though most of the time I'm just pointing things out and not smacking either team. Get used to it. It's just how it is. I could care less and I'm sure you don't.

Seriously?? thats childish

TransAmBison
01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, that's too bad. I try to even things out be positive rep'ing people after idiots throw out the neg rep.

SDSUAlum08
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM

I wasn't looking for sympathy. Just pointing out that if you're from different school you get stuff like that.

SDSUAlum08
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
When you made your smart as@ remark about Jack#1 fan being old I thought it was time to call a spade a spade or even a@@hole. Putting it on your signature does not embarrass me one bit. I meant every word of it.

And sometimes from the same school you're a fan of! :D

adminhare
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Is this what happens when there's a minor adjustment in the software so that the give of rep points, good or bad, is disclosed? JackJD

filbert
01-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Is this what happens when there's a minor adjustment in the software so that the give of rep points, good or bad, is disclosed? JackJD
Yeah.

*shrug*

Nidaros
01-12-2011, 07:52 AM

I for one do not have a problem with this feature being on. I never felt comfortable being anaymous (sp) about anything. Anyone can look at my profile. All the information is there. I seem to be sparing with SDSUAlum08 about an age difference, and all I was telling him was that the bumps of real life will soon cause him to reflect on being young and cocky. Age catches all and that my message for now.

PS. If spell checker is an option that can be turned on, please do it. Thank you

TransAmBison
01-12-2011, 09:44 AM

I don't see this as a bad thing. I would it would encourage individuals to think a little more before giving out + or - rep. You are still behind your board handle, but you own that handle.

I know on Bisonville we have posters from other universities that "keep us honest" and point out when we get too full of ourselves. They will get neg rep from some for that. I'm not trying to be that kind of poster. I've just enjoyed talking with the jack fans I've met and I thought this would be a fun board to be a part of. Sure, I'm gonna poke fun here and there and I will probably get neg repped from some. Others will laugh (quietly to themselves) and others will just dismiss me as a d-bag from NDSU.

Hopefully by the time the football season rolls around I will know more of you better. I'm planning on going to the game there this year. Would be fun to tailgate with you guys. You'll have no problem spotting me.

RabbitObsessed
01-12-2011, 10:06 AM
PS. If spell checker is an option that can be turned on, please do it. Thank you

Try downloading Firefox or Google Chrome. They are faster web browsers than Internet Explorer (I'm assuming that's what you're using), and they have spell checks built into them. Very handy.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/landing_chrome.html?hl=en&brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha