curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious

Did or do you guys have a traveling trophy with USD or any other school (UNO or Augie)? If not, what would be some cool game names or traveling trophies with those schools?

Re: curious

Quote by: land_grant_bison[p]Did or do you guys have a traveling trophy with USD or any other school (UNO or Augie)? If not, what would be some cool game names or traveling trophies with those schools?[/p]
    No, the only current traveling trophy for SDSU is the Marker. I don't know about the past (it's been a while since I've paged through "College on the Hill") but there may have been some kind of trophy between SDSU and USD--I don't recall.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There is some small metal jug of some sort. I didn't even know about it until the last year SDSU played them.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Quote by: EQguy[p]There is some small metal jug of some sort. I didn't even know about it until the last year SDSU played them.[/p]
        This reminds me of a story an old friend of mine that was on that team that year told me a couple of years ago. I asked him if he thought playing usd was a big deal to the team. He told me that there was some pride in being the best team in the state, but him not being from SD, he didn't really get into it all that much. Apparently, the last year that SDSU played usd, Coach Stig brought out a small, old, brown jug the day before the game. He said that this is one of the things they were playing for tommorrow. My buddy said that he just laughed because he had been at State five years and never even heard of the thing. He said that the coach told the team that because SDSU had dominated the coyotes for the past 15-20 years that the trophy was quietly forgotten. The coach told the team that they shouldn't give the coyotes any reason to remember it on Saturday.

I guess they never did.

Comment

I found this neat PDF write-up about the SDSU v. USD rivalry. On the last page their is a picture of the jug, as well as a brief story of its history.

Little Brown Jug

Comment

This answers a previous question that I had posted. We've won 14 out of the last 17 meetings. This is why I think rivalry is a very loose definition when referring to USD.

Comment

Working...
            X