Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the new SDSUFans.com Forum

Welcome!

I'm still feeling things out here myself. There are things I'd like to work better, and things I like a lot about this new Forum. For one thing, it's a LOT easier to manage than the old Forum software . . . at least I think so.

You can help me feel out this new system, by posting questions (or answers) and complaints (or things you kind of like).

Fire away . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Welcome to the new SDSUFans.com Forum

Here's a couple of things that are irritating me right now:
    1) the system doesn't know about the change in the start of Daylight Savings Time, and
    2) There still seems to be a bit of a performance problem at times. Refreshing sometimes takes a while--a minute or so. Not sure if that's my network connection or something on the server but I'll whine about it anyway 'cause it's late.

I like Mr. Green. :mrgreen:
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And another thing . . . in the Announcements section, the tagline "a word from the management" sometimes, but not always, drops the first "e" in "management." I do know how to spell it, honest . . . :cry:
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

On the 1.0 edition, after a new reply is posted to a topic, you are able to click on "NEW" and you are able to go directly to the newest reply without having to page through the replies that you have already read. I don't see this option on the 2.0 edition. Maybe I am just not seeing it.

Comment

Quote by: filbert[p]And another thing . . . in the Announcements section, the tagline "a word from the management" sometimes, but not always, drops the first "e" in "management." I do know how to spell it, honest . . . :cry: [/p]
          I'm an idiot . . . I had the comment in two different places, and I apparently do NOT know how to consistently spell "management."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Quote by: UWMandSDSU[p]On the 1.0 edition, after a new reply is posted to a topic, you are able to click on "NEW" and you are able to go directly to the newest reply without having to page through the replies that you have already read. I don't see this option on the 2.0 edition. Maybe I am just not seeing it.[/p]
            On the main page, there's a "View all new posts" link at the top right of the screen, under the "Select a Forum" box.

You can also click on the "On: Today at 10:35 p.m." at the right which should take you right to the latest post in that particular forum.

Is either one of those approximately what you're looking for?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Quote by: filbert[p]
              Quote by: UWMandSDSU[p]On the 1.0 edition, after a new reply is posted to a topic, you are able to click on "NEW" and you are able to go directly to the newest reply without having to page through the replies that you have already read. I don't see this option on the 2.0 edition. Maybe I am just not seeing it.[/p]
              On the main page, there's a "View all new posts" link at the top right of the screen, under the "Select a Forum" box.

You can also click on the "On: Today at 10:35 p.m." at the right which should take you right to the latest post in that particular forum.

Is either one of those approximately what you're looking for?[/p]
              Yes, thank you.

Comment

Am I just not that smart, or is there an issue uploading photos into our profile. Sorry if this was addressed somewhere else already.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Quote by: CatchEmAll[p]Am I just not that smart, or is there an issue uploading photos into our profile. Sorry if this was addressed somewhere else already.[/p]
                  Could be an issue. Haven't looked at it . . . I'll put it on the list.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Quote by: CatchEmAll[p]Am I just not that smart, or is there an issue uploading photos into our profile. Sorry if this was addressed somewhere else already.[/p]
                    Could be an issue. Haven't looked at it . . . I'll put it on the list.[/p]
                    I was able to get mine to work properly. It appears to me that you have to have the picture saved as a file on your computer in order to upload it. I'm not sure if that was the problem that you were having, but it worked smoothly for me.

Comment

Quote by: agrabbit18[p]
                      Could be an issue. Haven't looked at it . . . I'll put it on the list.[/p]
                      I was able to get mine to work properly. It appears to me that you have to have the picture saved as a file on your computer in order to upload it. I'm not sure if that was the problem that you were having, but it worked smoothly for me.[/p]
                      That sounds right.

I know that there's a facility to load those images from gravatar.com but I'm not sure at this point how to do it, or even if I've turned that facility on . . .

(But, gravatar.com is currently unavailable due to high load . . . must be something going around . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is there a way to always be signed in or do we have to sign in each time?

Comment

Quote by: SiouxFallsJack[p]Is there a way to always be signed in or do we have to sign in each time?[/p]
                          Over on the left side in "User Functions" there's a "My Account" link.

In My Account there's a tab "Username and Password."

There's a pull-down menu "remember me for." Set it for as long as you want it to remember your password. You need to type in your current password to make the change (one of those security thingies that the new system has). I currently have mine set for 1 week.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Update:

I'm still about a week away from beginning to work on some things to migrate over from the old site. Here's my tentative work plan:

1) Investigate improving the overall performance of the site.

2) Look (again) at migrating the old board's messages and user id's over to the new forum. I'm considering hiring some professional assistance, but will need to clear that with the Financial Committee (i.e. my wife Snookums) and I haven't even talked to her about that yet so I don't know if that will happen or not.

3) Where possible, take into account recommendations, suggestions, and requests from you all.

4) Get as many of those Internet links out there redirected from the old forum to the new one.

5) Shut down new posting over on the old forum and leave it there as long as is practical, to provide a place for old links to point to.

I'm still in no hurry to move, as long as the performance problems which will eventually doom the old board stay away. I'd guess we will be moved over by the beginning of August at the latest . . . maybe sooner, hopefully not later. Meanwhile, the old board is still the Official SDSUFans.com Forum until further notice (although of course you can post here as well, if you wish).
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I like the site, very professional, anyway we can make the theme colors reflect SDSU?

Comment

Working...
                              X