Classes cancelled today and tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classes cancelled today and tomorrow

KDLT just announced that classes at SDSU would be cancelled today and tomorrow. I assume the BB game will also be postponed. I know where my friends and I would have been headed on a day like today.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Classes cancelled today and tomorrow

Originally posted by jackmd
    KDLT just announced that classes at SDSU would be cancelled today and tomorrow.  I assume the BB game will also be postponed.  I know where my friends and I would have been headed on a day like today.
    Hobo Jacks?? ;D Anyone at SDSU in the early to mid 90's will remember this joint!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

In the olden days, there would be a path beaten in the snow to the old liquor store. This was of course before it moved out to the Brookings Mall next to Hy-Vee.

That would be a bit longer trek from the residence halls. Hopefully the expeditions now being planned dress warmly and account for possible avalanches and white-outs between Binnewies and the mall.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
        [quote author=jackmd link=1172768225/0#0 date=1172768225]KDLT just announced that classes at SDSU would be cancelled today and tomorrow.  I assume the BB game will also be postponed.  I know where my friends and I would have been headed on a day like today.
        Hobo Jacks?? ;D  Anyone at SDSU in the early to mid 90's will remember this joint!![/quote]

Right across the street from Pugsley. Was it Hobo Jacks or Happy Jacks? Mad Jacks subs was right beside it. Building is long gone now. I remember drinking 2-fisters for about a buck. Had a snowball fight across Medary one snowy March day. Ah fond memories.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

[quote author=propar80 link=1172768225/0#1 date=1172769701][quote author=jackmd link=1172768225/0#0 date=1172768225]KDLT just announced that classes at SDSU would be cancelled today and tomorrow.  I assume the BB game will also be postponed.  I know where my friends and I would have been headed on a day like today.
          Hobo Jacks?? ;D  Anyone at SDSU in the early to mid 90's will remember this joint!![/quote]

Right across the street from Pugsley.  Was it Hobo Jacks or Happy Jacks?  Mad Jacks subs was right beside it.  Building is long gone now.  I remember drinking 2-fisters for about a buck.  Had a snowball fight across Medary one snowy March day.  Ah fond memories.[/quote]
          And wasn't Domino's in the same place? And there was a gas station on the corner too.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            [quote author=jackmd link=1172768225/0#3 date=1172771537][quote author=propar80 link=1172768225/0#1 date=1172769701][quote author=jackmd link=1172768225/0#0 date=1172768225]KDLT just announced that classes at SDSU would be cancelled today and tomorrow.  I assume the BB game will also be postponed.  I know where my friends and I would have been headed on a day like today.

Right across the street from Pugsley.  Was it Hobo Jacks or Happy Jacks?  Mad Jacks subs was right beside it.  Building is long gone now.  I remember drinking 2-fisters for about a buck.  Had a snowball fight across Medary one snowy March day.  Ah fond memories.[/quote]
            And wasn't Domino's in the same place?  And there was a gas station on the corner too.[/quote]

Domino's was in the same building. Had a friend who use to manage it so pizza was pretty darn affordable for my friends and I. Happy Jacks would host "tailgates" before FB games, too. I really liked that place. Peanut shells on the floor, cold Old Mil light, I'm getting thirsty....

Comment

[quote author=propar80 link=1172768225/0#1 date=1172769701][quote author=jackmd link=1172768225/0#0 date=1172768225]KDLT just announced that classes at SDSU would be cancelled today and tomorrow.  I assume the BB game will also be postponed.  I know where my friends and I would have been headed on a day like today.

Yes!! Hobo Jacks = Sub Place...Happy Jacks = FUN!! ;D
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

A path beaten in the snow to the new liquor store wouldn't be much different distance wise than the old location. Come on students, get out, start the blizzard parties and don't forget to go to the game.

Comment

If you thought the mbb game tonight would be postponed...think again....IPFW & the refs are in Brookings. The game will go on.....only in SD!!!

PS.....Where is FEMA?!

Comment

Working...
                  X