New Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Board

No complaints here...just wondering why we haven't moved completely to the new board. I just "officially" became a new member and noticed there wasn't a whole lot going on. Any reason?

Re: New Board

I am not aware of a "new board." :-? Maybe others are not aware either?

Comment

Yep, this is the "old board" -- http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

The "new board" is http://www.sdsufans.com/forum/index.php

The new board is open for business, but I've dragged my feet a little bit about cutting the cord on the old board, for a couple of reasons.

For now I've been calling the old board the "official" one, as I've been meaning to do some tweaking over on the new board, and maybe write up a couple of how-to documents describing how to do stuff over there that people have liked to do over here, or want to do but can't. I'm also contemplating taking another run at trying to migrate the messages and maybe the user id's from the old board to the new, but that's at the extreme limit of my programming capabilities so there's no guarantees there.

Bottom line is that the new board is open for business, and my current idea is to phase out the old board before the beginning of August, when the new board will become the "official" board.

I'm probably making it more complex than it is, but that's just a particular character flaw of mine.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Whatever works best. Doesn't matter to me. I was just curious I guess.

Thanks.

Comment

When we start new topics, do you want us to start them on the new board? Might help.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031
            When we start new topics, do you want us to start them on the new board? Might help.
            Right now, you could go over there and post, reply, generally kick the tires and see what it's like over there. I've got a section up over there where you can ask questions and give some feedback.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

at some time you should do what bisonville did and close one forum and leave a link so everyone knows where SDSU fans is at, traffic will pick up quicker that way.

Comment

Working...
              X