Building question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building question

I realize this is probably an old subject, but can someone clarify this: Are the planned "wellness center" and proposed "training center" two different buildings? As I understand it, work on the wellness center for students will start this year. Work on the possible training center for athletic teams (north of the football stadium) is unscheduled. Is this correct?
    This space for lease.

Re: Building question

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
    I realize this is probably an old subject, but can someone clarify this: Are the planned "wellness center" and proposed "training center" two different buildings?
    Yes they are.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
      As I understand it, work on the wellness center for students will start this year. Work on the possible training center for athletic teams (north of the football stadium) is unscheduled. Is this correct?
      I believe work might start before the end of the month on the new wellness center as they have removed electrical fixtures in the area of the new wellness center.

Comment

There is now a fence around the new wellness center site. It is a big site. Brunner told me groundbreaking is the 25th of April. Hopefully he can give out some more details the next time he is on here.

Comment

There are now some job trailers on site and a temporary utilities outlet along with 2 port-a-potties. Looks like Sunkota is going to be the general on this project.

Comment

They have started ripping out the evergreens along the practice soccer field.

Comment

I think you might be able to watch construction progress or check out the campus surroundings from this link. http://pplant.sdstate.edu/java_web_cam.htm

Comment

The Official Ground-breaking Ceremony for the New Wellness Center is tomorrow.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../70430004/1001

Groundbreaking today for new SDSU wellness center

By Staff Reports
                  Argus Leader
                  Published: April 30, 2007

South Dakota State University will hold a groundbreaking for its new student-led wellness center at 12:30 p.m. today at the building site immediately west of the HPER facility on the Brookings campus.

SDSU President David L. Chicoine will be joined by past and present student association presidents Alex Brown, Alex Halbach, and Ryan Brunner as well as Board of Regents, SDSU Athletics and Brookings City representatives to celebrate the achievement of the joint university, regental and community venture. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

I am happy that construction is being started and I am sure all the officals properly turned the soil at the ground breaking ceremony this noon. I drove around by the site last Saturday morning, and I see most of the priority parking on the west end of the north parking lot is being used by construction companies. I dont know how this will work out next fall for football. I hope this will not dampen new donor interest who give suffiently to qualify for preferred parking only to come to the game, and no parking is available. Hopefully the HPER staff has a plan here. Otherwise full steam ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                      I am happy that construction is being started and I am sure all the officals properly turned the soil at the ground breaking ceremony this noon. I drove around by the site last Saturday morning, and I see most of the priority parking on the west end of the north parking lot is being used by construction companies. I dont know how this will work out next fall for football. I hope this will not dampen new donor interest who give suffiently to qualify for preferred parking only to come to the game, and no parking is available.  Hopefully the HPER staff has a plan here. Otherwise full steam ahead.
                      Perhaps, valet parking for you rich old guys.

;D ;D

Comment

KDLT news story: http://www.kdlt.com/video/videoclips2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                          [quote author=Haldersham link=1176698889/0#9 date=1177958272]I am happy that construction is being started and I am sure all the officals properly turned the soil at the ground breaking ceremony this noon. I drove around by the site last Saturday morning, and I see most of the priority parking on the west end of the north parking lot is being used by construction companies. I dont know how this will work out next fall for football. I hope this will not dampen new donor interest who give suffiently to qualify for preferred parking only to come to the game, and no parking is available.  Hopefully the HPER staff has a plan here. Otherwise full steam ahead.
                          Perhaps, valet parking for you rich old guys.  
                          .[/quote]

Number one, I am not rich. ;D
                          Number two, I love SDSU and need tax breaks where ever I can get them.
                          Number three I made my above comment based on my late arrival to the Cal Poly game a year ago. There was no construction going on like there will be this fall. I could not find a preferred spot, plus I barely found a space in the Briggs Library lot. If we want good crowds and want the increased interest in priority parking, it would be smart to have the space available. A shuttle bus may be the answer as even Ag Hall's lot parking lot may be filled this fall when Beef Bowl game and the other big games draw better crowds. Its a good problem to have though.

Comment

I am not sure football parking during the construction should be high on SDSU's priority list. For years, I parked in the lot on the west side of the student union. Never had a problem walking a little bit. Depending which walk ways are closed during the construction will depend which way I go. It will be exciting walking past the new Wellness Center and watching the construction progress.

When the Wellness Center opens, I am curious how many spaces they will keep available for wellness activities during game days. That will mostly be cause more frustration. Time will tell.
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I agree, the problem with parking lots for football is dedicating that much money and space for a lot that will be less then half full 360 days of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X