Yankton Jackrabbit Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankton Jackrabbit Club

We had our first "official" gathering tonight at the Hillcrest Country Club in Yankton. 26 families are in thus far. Everyone is excited about the potential that Jackrabbit fans in Yankton, across South Dakota and across the U.S. hold. Lots of plans for tailgating at SDSU athletic events and support of academics discussed tonight. I encourage other individuals in communities throughout SD and across the U.S. to organize similar gatherings. In fact, I offer an informal challenge to any other community in SD that can put together a bigger and better group than ours.

We have purchased a the largest available tailgate site and will be there with individual and corporate sponsorship. I for one and very proud that Yankton wants to continue to support SDSU and can't wait to make our presence in this community known. Go Jacks!!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Yankton Jackrabbit Club

Aha! A challenge. Well, we'll see what we can do in the Watertown region to top Yankton.

Comment

How far is Yankton from Brookings in miles ??

Comment

Yankton is about 140 miles from Brookings...a simple route is straight south on I-29 to the Vermillion turnoff (Highway 50...hold nose while going around Vermillion, home of USD) and then about 30 minutes to the West. I think it's about a two-hour drive.

Comment

Oh thats an easy drive

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
            Yankton is about 140 miles from Brookings...a simple route is straight south on I-29 to the Vermillion turnoff (Highway 50...hold nose while going around Vermillion, home of USD) and then about 30 minutes to the West.  I think it's about a two-hour drive.
            128 miles to be exact. I prefer to take 81 North to 46 East through the village of Irene. Then North on I-29 at Beresford through Sioux Falls and on to Brookings. I can make it in under 2 hours with the current speed limits.

Not only do you avoid verminville, its quite a bit quicker.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
              Yankton is about 140 miles from Brookings...a simple route is straight south on I-29 to the Vermillion turnoff (Highway 50...hold nose while going around Vermillion, home of USD) and then about 30 minutes to the West.  I think it's about a two-hour drive.
              Just what kind of example does this send. Moderators have turned blue in the face trying to keep smack off all non smack topics and then this. Don't tell me this isn't smack ridden.

Comment

Here is my advice. If you are that offended by what is written about your school on a message board for another, there are two roads to take.

1) get a job, you have too much time on your hands to surf all available message boards out there.

2) Don't come here.

No smack intended just some good ol common sense advice.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if the "ignore" function won't be by far the most popular new feature of the new board we're moving to . . . I'm looking forward to seeing how you all take to the "user reputation" feature. The combination of the two features of the new software should be highly amusing.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                    [quote author=JackJD link=1186627466/0#3 date=1186635728]Yankton is about 140 miles from Brookings...a simple route is straight south on I-29 to the Vermillion turnoff (Highway 50...hold nose while going around Vermillion, home of USD) and then about 30 minutes to the West.  I think it's about a two-hour drive.
                    Just what kind of example does this send.   Moderators have turned blue in the face trying to keep smack off all non smack topics and then this.  Don't tell me this isn't smack ridden.   [/quote]

I don't know what you're peeved about Ucks it's just part of giving directions, not smack.
                    I actually have navigation in my SUV and anytime I go to Yankton through Verminville the navigation lady reminds to..."plug your nose your entering the city limits of Vermillion SD." Does the same thing when I drive through Sioux City. I consider it common courtesy really.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

That recylce button for the air conditioning system was originally designed by an SDSU grad with the specific function of not having to smell the local smells in a town like vermillion!

Much of the road testing was done in Vermillion! That man is now a millionaire!

You want smack, that is smack you little twirp!

Cliffy Claven AKA SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

This thread just proves how hypocritical the Jackrabbit moderators are. It's OK for SDSU fans to name call against USD fans, like in that last message posted but if I were the one doing it I can gaurantee it would be brought to my attention. Hypocrits. Practice what you preach. I won't even comment on the smell thing cause it's common knowledge when it comes to the State school which one isn't going to be as pleasant.

Comment

This thread just proves how hypocritical the Jackrabbit moderators are.  It's OK for SDSU fans to name call against USD fans, like in that last message posted but if I were the one doing it I can gaurantee it would be brought to my attention.  Hypocrits.  Practice what you preach.  I won't even comment on the smell thing cause it's common knowledge when it comes to the State school which one isn't going to be as pleasant.    
                          No I DONT Think so. Jackmd was just telling us the best way to go from Yankton to Brookings. I drove up to Brookings for games for 20 years when I lived in Nebraska. I often went US 50 and past the Dakota Dome many times on my way to Brookings. I did so because US 50 is double lane.  Going Jackmd's route would have worked better not because USD and Vermillion are on US 50, but rather because it is shorter and more direct. You only have to slow down for Irene before you get to I-29. I won't comment on smells either what ever that implies. Were you trying to stir the pot some more UCKS?

Comment

This thread just proves how hypocritical the Jackrabbit moderators are.  It's OK for SDSU fans to name call against USD fans, like in that last message posted but if I were the one doing it I can gaurantee it would be brought to my attention.  Hypocrits.  Practice what you preach.  I won't even comment on the smell thing cause it's common knowledge when it comes to the State school which one isn't going to be as pleasant.    
                            Simple solution - GO AWAY!!!

We don't need you!
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Yankton Jackrabbit Club is up to 31 families and adding more everyday. Its amazing how much SDSU gear you see around Yankton. I'm not a perfectly objective source but I would say that Jackrabbit gear outnumbers yote gear at least 2:1 around here.

Looking forward to bringing a large group to Brookings for the UNI game. Again, I would take 81 to 46 to 29 north to "The Backyard". Stay off of 50 east through v-town.

Comment

Working...
                              X