SDSU MENS BASEBALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU MENS BASEBALL

I just heard today that one of Kai's teamates from last year has been sent a letter from SDSU he is an excellent baseball player and has had scholarship offers from a few Ivy League Schools, he is also on the senior team for basketball at Campbell Collegiate this year , his name is JP Wilner because he knows Kai he said he is considering taking a look at SDSU.

Re: SDSU MENS BASEBALL

Much like our Basketball teams the Baseball team had a very good run in D-II (although no National Championships). They should turn into a pretty good D-I baseball team and have been getting better every season. Their best win to date, since the move to D-I,against the Fighing Irish of Notre Dame.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...ball/Index.cfm

We open the season this year at Kansas on Feb. 9th and I plan to be there!

Go State!  

Comment

Thanks for the link I have passed it on...can you tell me , do all your sports programs at SDSU have full scholarships available ?

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
        Thanks for the link I have passed it on...can you tell me , do all your sports programs at SDSU have full scholarships available ?
        If I read the 2005-06 Jackrabbit Athletics Annual Report correctly we added 3 scholarships for baseball in FY '06 taking us to 7 and the NCAA max is 11.7.  It also appears that we will be at 7 through FY10.  I personally hope that we in fact max out down the road and offer 11.7 but we must stay Title IX compliant and also have the needs of the entire athletics department to think about.  Still I think it is possible down the road.  

I can tell you that I have meet the entire baseball coaching staff and they are very good guys.  I really enjoy our baseball team and have seen steady improvment.  

2005-06 Jackrabbit Athletics Annual Report (page 25 is where you will find scholarship info):

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary...port_05-06.pdf

Go State!  

Comment

Thanks so much for the info I have passed it along....I actually talked to the mom last night and I was wrong about SDSU contacting this baseball athlete it was NDSU who actually contacted him, but now they are interested in SDSU because of Kai being here so we will see how it goes....they are actually going to try to come down to SDSU and watch a game of bball with us if their schedule will allow it.

Comment

Had one of those small world incidents tonight here in Kansas City, I ran into Nick Adams' (our Right Fielder) Mom and Dad.  I was wearing an SDSU pull over and Nick's mom asked if the SD was South Dakota.  We started talking and she said that her son plays for SDSU's baseball team.  I said that although I didn't know Nick personally I did know who he was as I have been to many games.  Turns out that they had seen me chasing my son around (an active 5 year old) on more then one occasion.  They are super nice people and it was fun talking baseball when it is soooo cold out.

Nick best of luck with your car!  

Go State!  

Comment

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...cal/news02.txt

Toland: Baseball close to being on its fans

The cool temperatures and frosty ground may not indicate it, but college baseball is just around the corner.

Area collegiate teams kick off the season in just over two weeks.

Much of the focus this spring may be on South Dakota State University, which will begin the season with as many as six Rapid City Post 22 graduates - outfielder-pitcher Alex Niemann, outfielder Brian Estes, pitcher Kevin Morsching, first baseman-outfielder Blaine Linster, pitcher Kirby Morsching and pitcher Mike Robinson.

It's no secret that Jackrabbit coach Reggie Christiansen is loaded with former Rapid City players.

"I heard about the tradition of Post 22 when I was coaching in Kansas and there's no question that Rapid City is the best baseball town in the state," he said. "We hope the success that these players have had will continue to help us." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Here is an interview with Jackrabbit Right Fielder Nick Adams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e1om1fJ07Q

Go State!  

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/fe_...&heading=0

Jackrabbit baseball team older, wiser

Posted: Saturday, Feb 10th, 2007
                  BY: Lonny Anderson

New season. New outlook.

The South Dakota State baseball team begins its season today a year older and a year wiser.

After fielding a squad last year comprised mostly of players who had never seen Division I competition, the Jackrabbits feature a roster this season that returns every starting position player and nearly every pitcher from the 2006 squad that finished with a 23-29 record.

Year three

After struggling through losing seasons in his first two years as head coach, Reggie Christiansen said this year’s team has the chance to improve dramatically.

With a strong returning lineup, more home games and Mid-Continent Conference play to look forward to in 2008, Christiansen said the SDSU baseball program is much farther along than he envisioned being during Year 3 of its transition to Division I.

“It’s night and day. We’re much better. Our administration has really stepped up to the plate in increasing our scholarships. Those things help us bring in the players ... and I credit them,” Christiansen said. “We have good kids in our program, going in right direction. But if we get to the point where we’re only looking at wins and losses, we could take a step back.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                  X