Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should SDSU baseball have its own section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should SDSU baseball have its own section?

It's been suggested that we create a separate section for SDSU baseball.

What's the interest level? If it will be a reasonably active section, I'm OK with it but I don't want to create a lot of sections that don't get much traffic. So, vote early, vote often . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Should SDSU baseball have its own section?

How does a separate section affect server space for the message board?

Comment

I think being on it's own would be great. I will post every day during baseball season. I think it will be a great way to track the Jacks that play in summer leagues also.

Comment

It look as if the poll is favoring Baseball having its own section by a 2-1 margin. I will keep right on a posting. Go beat Sac. State this week-end.

Comment

would it possible to set up a section for every sport or maybe under the seasons in which they play, fall or spring, or winter. Or under mens and womens sports topics so that every sport may have a chance for people to talk about. I guess if there isnt room for them all then it should be just the major ones but if it could be organized that every team has its own post site it may make it easier for people to comment about those sports.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
            would it possible to set up a section for every sport or maybe under the seasons in which they play, fall or spring, or winter. Or under mens and womens sports topics so that every sport may have a chance for people to talk about. I guess if there isnt room for them all then it should be just the major ones but if it could be organized that every team has its own post site it may make it easier for people to comment about those sports.
            Possible, yes, but I don't want to put up sections for sports that get little or no postings--mainly for reasons of site ease-of-use. I'm most inclined to consider sections for baseball, softball, volleyball, and wrestling, if sufficient demand exists. So, first up is baseball.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              [quote author=goon link=1171208243/0#4 date=1171325429]would it possible to set up a section for every sport or maybe under the seasons in which they play, fall or spring, or winter.  Or under mens and womens sports topics so that every sport may have a chance for people to talk about.  I guess if there isnt room for them all then it should be just the major ones but if it could be organized that every team has its own post site it may make it easier for people to comment about those sports.
              Possible, yes, but I don't want to put up sections for sports that get little or no postings--mainly for reasons of site ease-of-use.  I'm most inclined to consider sections for baseball, softball, volleyball, and wrestling, if sufficient demand exists.  So, first up is baseball.[/quote]
              wouldnt it make it easier to post on those sports if there was a specific place to post for them? Im new to how posting forums and such work. I will take your word on it, but to me it would allow for more talk on those sports if they had a spot for it. I played on the tennis team here a few years back and it would be nice to keep up with the team and all but well, maybe i am the only one who would care.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

No offense...but not even close to as many as your core sports...

Comment

I like baseball, went to a lot of games as a student, still try to make a couple each year, but its own thread, no way. main page of this section has 19 threads (not counting the one that is locked and never falls down) and of those 19 wrestling has 3, volleyball has 3, and baseball has 4 (five if you count this one, but then add one to each of the others for the poll on them). It will clutter the site up too much.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

[quote author=goon link=1171208243/0#4 date=1171325429]would it possible to set up a section for every sport or maybe under the seasons in which they play, fall or spring, or winter.  Or under mens and womens sports topics so that every sport may have a chance for people to talk about.  I guess if there isnt room for them all then it should be just the major ones but if it could be organized that every team has its own post site it may make it easier for people to comment about those sports.
                    Possible, yes, but I don't want to put up sections for sports that get little or no postings--mainly for reasons of site ease-of-use.  I'm most inclined to consider sections for baseball, softball, volleyball, and wrestling, if sufficient demand exists.  So, first up is baseball.[/quote]

Why ask for feedback when your going to do what your going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      [quote author=filbert link=1171208243/0#5 date=1171326335][quote author=goon link=1171208243/0#4 date=1171325429]would it possible to set up a section for every sport or maybe under the seasons in which they play, fall or spring, or winter. Or under mens and womens sports topics so that every sport may have a chance for people to talk about. I guess if there isnt room for them all then it should be just the major ones but if it could be organized that every team has its own post site it may make it easier for people to comment about those sports.
                      Possible, yes, but I don't want to put up sections for sports that get little or no postings--mainly for reasons of site ease-of-use. I'm most inclined to consider sections for baseball, softball, volleyball, and wrestling, if sufficient demand exists. So, first up is baseball.[/quote]

Why ask for feedback when your going to do what your going to do?[/quote]

Because what I do is based (in part) on the feedback I get. The reason why I created the poll in the first place is because another board member asked about a baseball section. I just want to have some reassurance that if I build it, they will come (to coin a baseball phrase).
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

[quote author=JACKGUYII link=1171208243/0#9 date=1171336173]  I just want to have some reassurance that if I build it, they will come (to coin a baseball phrase).  
                        ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                          I like baseball, went to a lot of games as a student, still try to make a couple each year, but its own thread, no way. main page of this section has 19 threads (not counting the one that is locked and never falls down) and of those 19 wrestling has 3, volleyball has 3, and baseball has 4 (five if you count this one, but then add one to each of the others for the poll on them). It will clutter the site up too much.
                          I' m not convinced baseball needs its own thread right now. I love baseball, probably my favorite sport. Not sure there is enough interest on this forum to merit its own thread right now. Just my opinion.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm most inclined to consider sections for baseball, softball, volleyball, and wrestling, if sufficient demand exists.  So, first up is baseball.
                            I think this is a good idea. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              [quote author=1stRowFANatic link=1171208243/0#8 date=1171336115]I like baseball, went to a lot of games as a student, still try to make a couple each year, but its own thread, no way. main page of this section has 19 threads (not counting the one that is locked and never falls down) and of those 19 wrestling has 3, volleyball has 3, and baseball has 4 (five if you count this one, but then add one to each of the others for the poll on them). It will clutter the site up too much.
                              I' m not convinced baseball needs its own thread right now.  I love baseball, probably my favorite sport.  Not sure there is enough interest on this forum to merit its own thread right now.  Just my opinion.[/quote]

Don't know if you read Filbert's comments before you posted JackMD, but the poll showed the interest, with a pretty good number of posters asking for a baseball thread, so I think they will come as Filbert says. Filbert, like you thought (as usual) and like the order you will take them in. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X