Jacks in the Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks in the Pros

I was just wondering if there are currently or has there ever been any Jacks that have played in the majors or minors. Just curious, you would think that with the all the rounds in the baseball draft that at least a Jacks players would have been drafted in the past.

Re: Jacks in the Pros

Matt Magers (left handed Pitcher) was in the Cubs organization for a few years.  I believe there was a couple of guys from the early 80's that spent some time in the minors also.    

For the most part, you'll notice many northern schools don't have a lot of history of putting guys in the pros.  It's very difficult to get noticed playing baseball once you get north of Missouri, especially for position players.  Look at guys like Billy McMacken (3 time All-American) and Cole Irish (led the nation in hitting) who never got drafted.  

“Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Jim Langer, 1969 All-American went pro, but not in baseball. He was the center for the undefeated Miami Dolphins and finished his NFL career with Minnesota. His 3 sons, Tracy, Craig, and Russ all played baseball for the Jacks.

Comment

Gregg Kellivig played Triple A with the Cubs in the Mid 80's..I saw Rich Morehouse in '89 blowing 92 in the 9th inning after arm surgury in high A. Morehouse was the #4 starter in '84 world Series Team!

Kevin Higgins is a minor league coach with the Cleveland Indians.

Comment

Are there any players on this team who have the potential to get drafted or make a minor league roster.
          Tyson Fisher, Jake Rogers, Nick Adams??

Comment

Working...
          X