NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU

Dang the weather, I was looking forward to watching a couple of games at the Bob :'( :

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5891

SDSU-NDSU baseball series moved to Omaha

The weekend baseball series between South Dakota State and North Dakota State has been moved to Omaha, Neb., due to forecast cold temperatures in Brookings. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: NDSU

That sucks. I was looking forward to doing a baseball story about the games for next week's Collegian. I guess it's now an empty weekend of doing nothing. Dang.

Comment

Omaha is only 3.5 hours away. Come on, Bluehat, get down there before gas gets any higher.

Comment

Unfortunately, the strong case of the flu of last week plus a certain trip to Laramie took away a lot of my income, so this week I'm stuck working extra hours to make up for the lost income. Looks like we may see a track and field story instead next week.

Comment

When the season started I had planned on making it to the Kansas (weather), Missouri State (WNIT), NDSU (weather) and IPFW series. Looks like it is down to just IPFW for me.

Go State!

Comment

Not really a nice weekend for baseball in the upper midwest. Brookings Friday 33 Saturday 34. Omaha Friday 44 Saturday 43.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
              Not really a nice weekend for baseball in the upper midwest.  Brookings Friday 33 Saturday 34.  Omaha Friday 44 Saturday 43.
              I was planning on taking my family to the SDSU/NDSU game in Brookings. When I heard it moved to Omaha I thought that was alright, only about 45 minutes further than Brookings and south. With the current forecast I don't think it will happen. My little ones aren't that interested in baseball yet.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jacks win game one 6-3. Bowman throws a complete game 7 hitter.

Go State!!
                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I caught part of the game on 910 radio. Bowman was doing a great job. Nice victory on a cold day in Omaha.

Comment

They are only playing 1 game today. Bouman had a new career high with 10 or 11 strikeouts in the game. Tomorrow game/s will start at 1:00 p.m. They may play a 9 and a 7 or just 1- 9 inning game. Tune in tomorrow to see what happens.

Comment

Jacks are down 1-0 in the 2nd.  Jacks start off the inning with a triple.  Should be able to at least tie this thing up.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

2 runs are in, nobody out yet. Jacks now lead 2-1. This could be an interesting game with the weather has crummy as it is. They gave the NDSU outfielder an error with a sac fly for the Jacks.

Comment

Jackrabbits improve to 14-10 on the year with a 10-3 victory over the Bison at Creighton's facility in Omaha.  

The Bison fall to 3-17 for the season.

Nice job 'Rabbit diamond crew!

Comment

Nice sunny day for the game yesterday but the air temperature was still cold (somewhat less than 40). The Jacks looked impressive again. Especially on defense. Acually I think that the Bison out hit us but the Bison had 3 errors and many mental mistakes that add up. Let me give you one example, We had runners one first and second and it looked like the start of a rally. So the Bison third baseman walks up to the pitchers mound to settle down their pitcher. Our runner on second promptly stole third noticing that no Time Out had been called. We had a runner score from third as the Bison were trying to run down a Jackrabbit between first and second. Finally they threw home late and all were safe. These types of plays do not show up as errors but they are defintely mental errors The Jacks are definitely better coached, play with more confidence and can score in any part of the lineup.
                            There were probably 150 Jacks fans there. Some were relatives of the 5 or so players from Omaha and Lincoln. Make a point to see several games this spring when they finally get to play some home games. You will be impressed. Our baseball teams move to Division I is right on schedule.

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKRP
                               There were probably 150 Jacks fans there. Some were relatives of the 5 or so players from Omaha and Lincoln. Make a point to see several games this spring when they finally get to play some home games. You will be impressed. Our baseball teams move to Division I is right on schedule.

Go Jacks!!!
                              I am very excited about Jack's baseball. I hope to make it to both games in Sioux Falls. I try to catch the internet broadcasts on 910 when I am able to. Good luck and continued progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X