Mystery game to be home opener - Dakota Wesleyan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery game to be home opener - Dakota Wesleyan

The long (well not really that long) rumored mid-week game has finally been reveled. SDSU will take on Dakota Wesleyan. The Tigers will serve as the opponent for this year's home opener.

http://www.gojacks.com/

. . . SDSU brings a 12-12 mark into its home opener against Dakota Wesleyan. The midweek game will be either Tuesday or Wednesday at 2 p.m. at Bob Shelden Field. (read more)

Go State!

Re: Mystery game to be home opener - Dakota Wesley

So far on the year the Tigers are 13-10.  They seem to think the game will be played on April 4th.  DWU has 4 games between now and then. It also appears that we have added DWU for another trip to Brookins later in the season in an effort to make up some of the games we have missed due to mother nature. The second game appears to be set for April 17.  Here is a link to their baseball site:

http://www.dwu.edu/athletics/baseball/index.htm

Go State!  

Comment

One advantage I see that SDSU has is the fact that it has great NAIA talent in the area and are willing to play games on short noticed and there isn't a big talent fall off.. (DWU had a pitcher drafted last year)

Comment

The mid-week game with DWU will not happen.

Comment

Is the weather still bad? What does the weekend look like, will I get a chance to see the Jackrabbits beat up the Bison?

Go State!

Comment

If we're lucky, in this area it'll get into the 40s -- maybe -- on Sunday but until then, looks like temps in the 30s. Wednesday - Sunday should be dry but we may have showers tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
              If we're lucky, in this area it'll get into the 40s -- maybe -- on Sunday but until then, looks like temps in the 30s.  Wednesday - Sunday should be dry but we may have showers tomorrow.
              Oh South Dakota springs how I do miss them.  Here in Kansas City I was at the Royals game in shorts, sandals and a short sleeved Royals jersey.  I think the high was 80.  If the Rabbits play I will be there on Saturday, even if I have to break out the winter gear.

Go State!  

Comment

Can anyone tell me why SDSU is playing at DWU in Mitchell??
                www.gojacks.com

SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

If you look outside there is some white stuff called snow. Which usually affects field conditions and theres about 8-9 inches of it here in town. And Mitchell didn't get the bulls-eye. So they probably would have better field conditions. Don't take it personally but it might be awhile before we have a home game up here. And if there is better field conditions around we will probably end up playing at that location instead of Bob Sheldon.

Comment

Cadwell Park in Mitchell is one of the best baseball parks in the state.

Comment

Working...
                    X