Mid-Con RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Con RPI

If SDSU, NDSU, and IPFW were already in the Mid-Con this is how it would look.

http://boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

#64 - ORU
    #195 - SDSU
    #222 - Centenary
    #225 - Western Ill.
    #251 - Valpo
    #269 - NDSU
    #274 - Oakland
    #285 - Southern Utah
    #287 - IPFW

Go State!

Re: Mid-Con RPI

Sooooo....that's Oral Roberts and a bunch of not-very-good teams, of which SDSU is, this year, the least worst.

Coach Christiansen does however look like he knows what he's doing and is building a pretty decent program. Hopefully we'll be able to give ORU some problems year-in and year-out.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Keep in mind that the Jackrabbit baseball team registered single digits in wins just a couple years ago, and is now beating the likes of Creighton, Kansas, and Missouri State while not being swept in a single seires this year. Reggie has improved this team by leaps and bounds and they play an agressive, enteraining style of baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_tracks
        Keep in mind that the Jackrabbit baseball team registered single digits in wins just a couple years ago, and is now beating the likes of Creighton, Kansas, and Missouri State while not being swept in a single seires this year.  Reggie has improved this team by leaps and bounds and they play an agressive, enteraining style of baseball.

Agreed, this team went from embarrassing to competitive in only a couple of years. Reggie has done an excellent job. He's recruiting players without a on campus facility in winter laiden South Dakota, not easy.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

If you check the roster out you will count maybe 7 from Rapid City. This something that never happened in the past. Most if not all of the seven are Post 22 former players. I recollect from D2 days, that SDSU was lucky to get one or two and that was even with Mark Eckland being a Rapid City Native. I think the difference now than then is money available. Getting $200 to 300 bucks a year in scholarship money is a bunch when its compared to zip from a D2 school.

Comment

Our baseball team has made great strides this season. They have not had a home game yet even though the NDSU series was technically home and they are 16-14. If you play .500 on the road and win 75% of your games at home you will very be successful. I look for our baseball team to continue to improve. Being in a conference will be huge, especially for getting games at home. Getting the on-campus baseball field finished and the fieldhouse will take the program to a conference championship conteneder year in and year out. This is why I am so proud to be a Jackrabbit. Excellence in every sport. There are so many schools that discount baseball and have eliminated it (USD, Colorado, Wisconsin, and Iowa State to name a few). Teams from the north have their challenges, but some have had success (Nebraska and Oregon St). The future definitely looks bright.
            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

It would have been pretty easy for the administration to drop baseball during the transistion, but I'm proud to say they didn't. Supporting all your athletes is part of being a successful DI program.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The NCAA has released the offical RPI.

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...07MBArpi1.html

Mid-Con (with SDSU, NDSU, and IPFW)

ORU - 57
                SDSU - 184
                Western Ill. - 232
                Centenary - 249
                Valpo - 252
                Oakland -267
                NDSU - 270
                Southern Utah - 281
                IPFW - 288

Go State!

Comment

It has been pointed out on this thread and on other baseball threads that one reason for the improvement in the Jacks Baseball team is that we are having sucess in recruiting from Rapid City. I totally agree with this and am sure that it will pay dividends well into the future. Yet I do not want us to overlook the success we are having in recruiting the Omaha area. IMHO it will be equally as important to continue to recruit well in Omaha as it will be in Rapid City. This years team has 3 starters from the Omaha area and once again IMHO they are more than starters, they are major contributors.
                  Look for good things from this baseball team. State has 21 sports in transition from DII to DI. It is apparent to me that of those 21 sports, the Jacks Baseball team is somewhere in the top 5 of these sports in transition.

Go State!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X