Jacks vs. Canaries Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks vs. Canaries Poll

The Canaries have started a poll on their web site regarding the game on May 8th.

Go to work, Jackrabbit Nation!!

http://www.canariesbaseball.com/

Re: Jacks vs. Canaries Poll

Only 33 voters so far and it appears we only have 12 votes. Its time to swing this baby! Get after it folks
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
      Only 33 voters so far and it appears we only have 12 votes.  Its time to swing this baby!  Get after it folks
      39 votes almost 50/50 now.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

With 59 votes we are now up to 57% of the vote.  

Comment

The poll I saw had 135 votes with 59.+% for the Jacks

Comment

238 votes 52.+% for the jacks. Gonna be a good game either way. Im not going to miss it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Weather is nice, schedule is cleared, we should be in Sioux Falls by 6:00 tonight. Bringing the whole crew so we will see how that goes.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Top of the 7th

SDSU 1 - SF 1

Here is a link to listen to the game:

http://www.kwsn.com/

Go State!  

Comment

What are they using for bats? Wood or metal?

Comment

Final score:
                    Canaries 2, Jackrabbits 1

But, they're playing a bonus half inning so the Canaries are at bat for the bottom of the ninth.

Comment

what was the attendance at the game? wish i would have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit
                        What are they using for bats?  Wood or metal?
                        Wood...which actually put the Jacks at a disadvantage in my humble opinion.  There was at least one long ball hit by the Jacks that would have been out with Metal.
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Great game, good time, Jacks played pretty well. I suspect attendance was in the 1,000 range. Definitely partisan towards the Jacks. Pretty good showing by the alumni. I was impressed with the Jacks defense and pitching. Wood bats were probably a factor but I suspect Reggie was just fine with not having to face the Canaries hitters holding aluminum. Sioux Falls has got some guys who can swing the stick. I really enjoyed myself. Looking forward to seeing more SDSU baseball games, these guys are talented and fun to watch.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                            [quote author=MontanaRabbit link=1176389357/0#8 date=1178674412]What are they using for bats?  Wood or metal?
                            Wood...which actually put the Jacks at a disadvantage in my humble opinion.  There was at least one long ball hit by the Jacks that would have been out with Metal.[/quote]
                            The Jacks had more hits than the Canaries. It doesn't say much for what kind of year SF will have.

Comment

Its probably pretty difficult to judge how a team's season will go based on an exhibition game. I'm not sure if the Canaries pitched their best guys, or wanted to get some meaningless work in with some borderline pitchers.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X