ORU picked to win Mid-Con Women's B-Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU picked to win Mid-Con Women's B-Ball

It will be fun to keep up with the Mid-Con this season since it will soon be our home:

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4220

Oral Roberts Chosen First in Mid-Con Preseason Women’s Basketball Poll; ORU’s Elisha Turek Picked as Preseason Player of the Year

ELMHURST, Ill. - Oral Roberts is projected to win the 2006-07 Mid-Con women’s basketball championship, according to polling of conference coaches, sports information directors and selected media members. The Golden Eagles’ Elisha Turek has been tabbed as the preseason Player of the Year after earning first team all-conference accolades in each of her first three seasons.

The Golden Eagles registered 12 first-place votes on their way to tallying 237 points in the poll. ORU is coming off of a 16-12 season, including 10-6 in Mid-Con play, good for third place. Head coach Jerry Finkbeiner returns four starters in their quest to return to the top of the league.   .  .  .  (read more)

2006-07 Women’s
    Basketball Preseason Poll

Team Points

1. Oral Roberts 237 (12)
    2. Valparaiso 213 (5)
    3. IUPUI 177 (3)
    4. Western Illinois 156 (2)
    5. UMKC 145
    6. Oakland 142
    7. Southern Utah 65
    8. Centenary 41

(first place votes in parentheses)

Go State!  

Re: ORU picked to win Mid-Con Women's B-Ball

'89,

I agree that it will be fun to watch the mid-con this year. How about a Mid-Con only category on the board?

Comment

Re: ORU picked to win Mid-Con Women's B-Ball

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
      '89,

I agree that it will be fun to watch the mid-con this year. How about a Mid-Con only category on the board?
      Not a bad idea . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
      X