X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NDSU board

Just want to welcome folks to a new board at www.bisonsports.net

Re: New NDSU board

Is this board replacing the Bisonville board or is it competition?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      Is this board replacing the Bisonville board or is it competition?
      I believe it may be due to the Great Bison Bulletin Board Schism of 2006 (or, "The Crackdown&quot.

. . .

In other words, Bisonville is still there, and Bisonsports.net is there too. Read and post to one, the other, or both, as your personal conscience (and available free time) dictates . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I don't view it as competiton, just another place to discuss NDSU or any other college sports. As the moderator over at Bisonville has the same capacity here here I don't expect a warm welcome from him but that's fine. I think the moderation got just a little over the top with "the crackdown". Hopefully this will allow people to be able to post on topics without warnings as long as the conversations are not racially motivated ect. I think people can enjoy both boards its all about choice and you know it's nice to have options.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker
          I don't view it as competiton, just another place to discuss NDSU or any other college sports. As the moderator over at Bisonville has the same capacity here here I don't expect a warm welcome from him but that's fine. I think the moderation got just a little over the top with "the crackdown". Hopefully this will allow people to be able to post on topics without warnings as long as the conversations are not racially motivated ect. I think people can enjoy both boards its all about choice and you know it's nice to have options.
          Actually, while it's true that this board was originally started by Tony, SDSUfans.com is a completely separate entity from Bisonville and its moderators, and has been for some time.

I hope that my previous message struck with you the intended note of bemused neutrality concerning the two NDSU boards . . . good luck with bisonsports.net.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate being able to post over here and also your work you do for the SDSU fans.

Comment

Given the recent technical problems at Bisonville I would like to extend the invitation for any users who would like to post on NDSU sports to use the new board at www.bisonsports.net until they get their board back up and running. Of course everyone is welcome to continue to use the board even after they get their board back up. Come over and say Hi.
              BB

Comment

Given the recent technical problems at Bisonville I would like to extend the invitation for any users who would like to post on NDSU sports to use the new board at www.bisonsports.net until they get their board back up and running. Of course everyone is welcome to continue to use the board even after they get their board back up. Come over and say Hi.
                BB
                Oof . . .

Maybe Tony should look into getting a "Webmaster" account . . . significantly more pricey, but has much higher storage and bandwidth limits.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Or buy his own server and pay for his own optical connection.

Comment

Hehe, I have the webmaster account... and a dedicated server is probably overkill. Looks like it's time to change bulletin board software.

It could also be that I have a setting on the software that is causing the script to be inefficient.

Just a note: in order to keep the server load down, I may have to disable guest access completely until the switch is made.

Comment

Just want to welcome folks to a new board at www.bisonsports.net
                      I visited said board and No thank you. Bisonville is more like a real board with civility.

Comment

I read just the one post about NDSU beating the Bunnies and they were comparing Kai a freshman to Andre a 4th year player hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
                          I read just the one post about NDSU beating the Bunnies and they were comparing Kai a freshman to Andre a 4th year player hmmmm
                          Thats the problem with only selectively reading posts, you dont get the whole feel of the thread. We were just rebutting SDSU's fans mistaken belief that Kai was the best player on the floor. We obviously realize that Kai has 3 more years to develop into a star player, and in fact many NDSU posters were very complementary of Kai's play. However, as your post implies, it is ridiculuous for people to believe that Kai is currently better than Andre, who is a Senior.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBison
                            [quote author=bballfan54 link=1165359480/0#11 date=1170777905]I read just the one post about NDSU beating the Bunnies and they were comparing Kai a freshman to Andre a 4th year player hmmmm
                            Thats the problem with only selectively reading posts, you dont get the whole feel of the thread.  We were just rebutting SDSU's fans mistaken belief that Kai was the best player on the floor.  We obviously realize that Kai has 3 more years to develop into a star player, and in fact many NDSU posters were very complementary of Kai's play.  However, as your post implies, it is ridiculuous for people to believe that Kai is currently better than Andre, who is a Senior.[/quote]

;D ;D He tried to debate Kia's mom that Kia was not the best player on the court. ;D ;D

DenverBison, you will not convince her that her son is not the best on the court, I don't think she will hold your opinion of her son very highly.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                              [quote author=DenverBison link=1165359480/0#12 date=1170787869][quote author=bballfan54 link=1165359480/0#11 date=1170777905]I read just the one post about NDSU beating the Bunnies and they were comparing Kai a freshman to Andre a 4th year player hmmmm
                              Thats the problem with only selectively reading posts, you dont get the whole feel of the thread.  We were just rebutting SDSU's fans mistaken belief that Kai was the best player on the floor.  We obviously realize that Kai has 3 more years to develop into a star player, and in fact many NDSU posters were very complementary of Kai's play.  However, as your post implies, it is ridiculuous for people to believe that Kai is currently better than Andre, who is a Senior.[/quote]

;D ;D He tried to debate Kia's mom that Kia was not the best player on the court. ;D ;D

DenverBison, you will not convince her that her son is not the best on the court, I don't think she will hold your opinion of her son very highly. [/quote]

I realize that, I was just trying to explain the reason why the post even came up on the Bison Board. I went out of my way to be complementary of Kai, because I realized I was talking to his mom.

Comment

Working...
                              X