X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC gets a new athletic director

Tim Hall comes from Kent State to become the Roos' AD:

Feb. 14, 2007

Kansas City, Mo. - University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) Chancellor Guy Bailey announced today the appointment of Timothy W. Hall as UMKC's Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. Hall will serve as a member of the Chancellor's leadership team, responsible for leading the strategic direction in growing the university's intercollegiate athletics program. Hall begins his official duties on February 26, 2007.

Currently, Hall is the Associate Athletics Director for Development at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio. He has been a member of KSU's Athletics Senior Administrative Staff since beginning at the institution in 2003, working in all phases of departmental management including game and personnel contracts, scheduling, budget, policy, and strategic planning.

While at KSU, Hall created and implemented a comprehensive restructuring of the Athletic Advancement Unit, resulting in the creation of the Office of Athletic Advancement. Since 2003, he has increased fundraising by 33 percent and helped secure the largest gift to date in the history of KSU athletics: $1.53 M for the baseball stadium renovation.

"Tim brings to UMKC a strong record for athletic fundraising, as well as a keen understanding of engaging the community," said Guy Bailey, UMKC chancellor. "We look forward to sharing with Tim the commitment to furthering the success of our student-athletes, both in the classroom and in their chosen sport."

"It is both an honor and a privilege to be chosen to lead UMKC Athletics," said Hall. "Dr. Bailey's commitment to a quality student experience and his vision of a comprehensive, broad-based athletics program as a vital component to the success of the University are congruent with my own.

"My wife Beth, our children and I are excited to become part of the UMKC family and part of the broader Kansas City community. I look forward to working vigorously and with great enthusiasm to advance the reputation, efficiency and impact of UMKC Athletics."
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: UMKC gets a new athletic director

I hope he can get that turned around. UMKC has potential to be a good mid-major, its a great school in a good market. With you guys, NDSU, IPFW, and Oral Roberts I think will set the bar high in the Mid-Con and the other schools need to catch up.

Comment

Working...
    X