Who picked Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who picked Oral Roberts

I did. I hope they can win two games and make it to the sweet sixteen.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Who picked Oral Roberts

I picked them as well, need to cheer on our future conference friends.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
      I did.  I hope they can win two games and make it to the sweet sixteen.
      I've got them in the sweet sixteen.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I didn't, but picked Butler to go deep.

Comment

My boss is a Washington St. grad. and so is his wife. He currently has one son attending WSU. WSU has their spring break this week, so my boss bought 4 tickets so his family could go to the game. He paid over $200 per ticket.

If Oral Roberts wins today, he will be in a really bad mood. But I told him I had to root for Oral Roberts, since a win may add $$$ to SDSU's budget when we join the Mid-Con in July.

Go Oral Roberts!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Does anyone know how the money trickles down from the NCAA tourney?

Comment

Basically, each school earns a "share" for every game they play in the tournament (i.e. you get a share for making the tournament, and get another share every time you win).

The share earnings typically go to the conference and gets distributed from there. I think the share is somewhere in the $200,000-300,000 range. So the Mid-Con is basically guaranteed one share's worth of the tournament with the automatic bid, and if Oral Roberts can win a game or two, the conference will receive additional shares.

This is why we should root really hard for our conference mates to do well in the tournament, and also why we need to work really hard to make the Mid-Con a two-bid league.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Amen to that filbert...two bids in the future would be awesome. I think the Mid-Con is heading in the right direction with some of the rules they are putting in place for the basketball teams. A certain number of assistant coaches being one of them. The Missouri Valley also recommends playing really good teams out of conference since it raises the conference's overall RPI. Hopefully the Mid-Con figures this out down the road.

Comment

The game is on. Let's go Golden Eagles!!

Comment

I didn't get in on the poll, but I picked ORU.

As to the money, I also believe that the money is paid out over a few years, I think it is either three or five. So if a ORU goes a couple of rounds, the Mid-Con would get a bigger check for three years, even if the next two years only the tourney winner gets in and loses. This helps schools because they can avoid big swings in budgets.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                      I didn't get in on the poll, but I picked ORU.

As to the money, I also believe that the money is paid out over a few years, I think it is either three or five. So if a ORU goes a couple of rounds, the Mid-Con would get a bigger check for three years, even if the next two years only the tourney winner gets in and loses. This helps schools because they can avoid big swings in budgets.
                      I believe you're correct . . . an ORU win would result in the Mid-Con receiving an additional share for the next five years, I think.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sounds like the BCS system, except it's much easier for mid-level conferences to get a piece of the action. Another reason, it's huge to have a conference.

Comment

Well it look like 14 out of 17 us were wrong. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Comment

Good first half! :-?
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Wish I could have seen more of the game, it seems like OR is huge and athletic. Hard to imagine the Jacks hanging with them, but it will happen. The rest of the conference seems to drop fast after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X