MILES LEAVING NDSU -- GOING TO COLORADO ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MILES LEAVING NDSU -- GOING TO COLORADO ST

It's been talked about on the NDSU message board but now confirmed with NDSU coaches:  Tim Miles is going to Colorado State to be the EDIT: RAMS' head men's basketball coach.

Tough loss for NDSU and the Mid-Con.  

I guess we'll have to schedule Colorado State U and beat them.

Re: MILES LEAVING NDSU -- GOING TO COLORADO ST

Originally posted by JackJD
    It's been talked about on the NDSU message board but now confirmed with NDSU coaches: Tim Miles is going to Colorado State to be the Buff's head men's basketball coach.

Wow.

I mean WOW.

Big loss for NDSU. Miles is a quality coach. I'm sure the Bison will bounce back though.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It's been talked about on the NDSU message board but now confirmed with NDSU coaches:  Tim Miles is going to Colorado State to be the Buff's head men's basketball coach.

Only a short 3-5 years ago this is the kind of news I expected to hear about Nagy, not Miles.  My how things have changed.  I'm sure it was a tough decision for Tim.  I hope the guys at NDSU can stay together.  Would Nagy leave SDSU for NDSU?  How about Boots leaving USD?  Will they promote from within?  Just questions to think about and comment on, nothing more, nothing less.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

On the Bison board: emergency team meeting called for tonight.

Tim is taking all but one of his staff and the one left behind may be the new coach (that part of the story not yet confirmed but something will be announced tomorrow).

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          [quote author=JackJD link=1174530555/0#0 date=1174530554]It's been talked about on the NDSU message board but now confirmed with NDSU coaches:  Tim Miles is going to Colorado State to be the Buff's head men's basketball coach.

Only a short 3-5 years ago this is the kind of news I expected to hear about Nagy, not Miles.  My how things have changed.  I'm sure it was a tough decision for Tim.  I hope the guys at NDSU can stay together.  Would Nagy leave SDSU for NDSU?  How about Boots leaving USD?  Will they promote from within?  Just questions to think about and comment on, nothing more, nothing less.[/quote]

Why would Nagy leave SDSU for NDSU? It is colder, the facilities are a serious downgrade and the tradition is not camparable. It would be like Craig Bohl leaving NDSU for USD. I will give the Bison credit they have a better team and players now, but that will change. Boy, this is not going to hurt recruiting for us.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

On the Bison board: emergency team meeting called for tonight.

Tim is taking all but one of his staff and the one left behind may be the new coach (that part of the story not yet confirmed but something will be announced tomorrow).
            There's no confirmation yet on the net that I can find . . . doesn't mean it's not true, just means it's a rumor as of right now.

Still, emergency team meetings are rarely good news . . .

I really respect what Tim Miles has done in Fargo . . . it would be a loss to the Mid-Con if he moved on. Not a happy development even for the Jackrabbit Nation, I'd say . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by gatewayrabbit
              Why would Nagy leave SDSU for NDSU?  It is colder, the facilities are a serious downgrade and the tradition is not camparable.  It would be like Craig Bohl leaving NDSU for USD.  I will give the Bison credit they have a better team and players now, but that will change.  Boy, this is not going to hurt recruiting for us.
              I don't expect Nagy to leave SDSU for anybody. Exactly why I said its just something to think about and comment on. I agree with you 100% except to say that it isn't that much colder in Fargo. I heard Bohls is looking towards a warmer climate like USD. ;D
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I can't think of any reason not to trust what JD has to say but I can't speak for others.  Another question to ponder, why else would there be an emergency meeting?  Or should we just presume that to be a rumor too?  

Speculation on topics just like this are exactly why I think this forum remains interesting and intriguing.  I think when someone who is a proven and trustworthy member of the board makes a statement like the one JD has made, we should show some support.  Thanks for the heads up JD.

Comment

Something from the colorado state message board
                  http://www.ramnation.com/message_boa.../21/832544.php

Comment

Wow.............Timmy doesn't like to stay in one place for too long. Two years at Mayville St, four years at Southwest MN St., and six years at NDSU. Honestly, this announcement comes with little surprise.....

He's a good coach and NDSU will miss him......I hope CSU hired him with the understanding that he's probably just a three-to-five year rental because he'll be looking for that top-major school by then.....

Comment

Can't really fault a guy for wanting to move up in the world.

Comment

According to posters on Bison Board, CSU's men's basketball will play in Fargo next season.

Do we have them on our schedule? Miles has trouble in Frost.

Comment

I hate to see it happen this way, but it may be a positive for SDSU. This gives Nagy the leg up on recruiting.....I hope.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

NDSU, a victim of their own success. It may not be all bad our MBB team has struggled through the transition. How well our team is performing in March 2009 will be the tell all, not how successful the transition years were. Miles has laid a good foundation there and their administration will keep it going.
                            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

On Bison Board, poster stating that the players were informed tonight.

There should be press announcements early tomorrow morning from both NDSU and CSU.

This has been an interesting development. Sad to see Miles leave NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X