X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Con TV deal

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4701

Mid-Con and America Channel Announce Broadcast Agreement

ELMHURST, Ill. - The Mid-Continent Conference and America Channel today announced that they have entered into a comprehensive video sports broadcast and content cooperation agreement. The new partnership includes extensive television coverage of Mid-Con men’s and women’s basketball games.

All Mid-Con member institutions will be represented in America Channel’s broadcasts. The Mid-Con member institutions are: Centenary College, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Indiana University-Purdue University – Fort Wayne, University of Missouri-Kansas City, North Dakota State University, Oakland University, Oral Roberts University, South Dakota State University, Southern Utah University and Western Illinois University. Coverage includes extensive men’s basketball; as well as women’s basketball, the Conference men’s and women’s soccer tournaments, and the Conference volleyball tournament.

“This partnership enhances our NCAA Division I presence primarily in the Midwest's largest urban areas and other important markets -- in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah,” stated Doron Gorshein, CEO of America Channel. “We look forward to delivering exciting Mid-Con basketball and other sports to communities throughout the region.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Mid-Con TV deal

Was this channel on any cable systems in SD before? I can't remember from the old thread, but I hope it means Midcontinent is adding it. I might actually upgrade then.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://www.americachannel.us/ideas.php

A little more about the Network deal...Link above gives it an organizational-look like FOX Sports...
      From what I've read it seems like their content is something that could be pretty interesting. Real stories...real people...without the "reality-show" hype.

Comment

http://www.americachannel.us/faq.php

How can I get America Channel® ?
        Several U.S. domestic telcos plan to launch America Channel. We estimate that we've reached agreement with 90% of the projected telco video space. When your telephone company introduces television service to your area, chances are America Channel will be available. RCN will also carry America Channel in NY, Boston, DC, Lehigh Valley, PA, and Chicago. We are also working hard to secure carriage with additional distributors in advance of our launch later this year.

I'm not sure when, but do know the Swiftel(City of Brookings) Communications is making their way through the city setting the infrastructure up to provide telco TV programming available....not sure when that project completion/roll-out is set to occur

When will America Channel® be available?
        America Channel® plans to launch at the start of the 2007-2008 collegiate athletic season. To receive America Channel® in your area, please call or email your local television provider today and ask them to carry America Channel® .

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitman
          http://www.americachannel.us/faq.php

I'm not sure when, but do know the Swiftel(City of Brookings) Communications is making their way through the city setting the infrastructure up to provide telco TV programming available....not sure when that project completion/roll-out is set to occur
          The word in Brookings is that Swiftel hopes to have the fiber optic line (including cableTV) up and running by the fall. I haven't heard an exact date but lets hope it is sometime this fall!

Comment

We get many channels from the USA, so I have called my local provider and hopefully they can add the America Channel too. They will charge me an arm and a leg for the service probably

Comment

Can anyone explain what this telco tv is?

Comment

Here is the response I received from PrairieWave:

Thank you for your email to the PrairieWave Information Box we
                appreciate your question and comments. Thank you for bringing this information
                to our attention, we've been in conversations with a representative
                from the America Channel and we are strongly considering adding this
                channel to our digital lineup. No agreement has been signed at this time,
                and will inform you and all customers if we are able to added this
                channel to our channel lineup. Thank you again for forwarding this
                information to us. We value your business.

Best Regards,

PrairieWave Communications

It says strongly considering. I'm hopeful that the information I provided them, including links to the annoucement by the Mid-Con and Gateway conferences, will help them make the right decision. If anyone else has time e-mail PrairieWave and express interest in the channel. It will help.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Prairie Wave also has customers in numerous Black Hills Communities after purchasing the Black Hills Fibercom company. I have also e-mailed Prairie Wave to request the America Channel

WRJ

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                    Can anyone explain what this telco tv is?  
                    Well I'll take a stab at this. I hear that the telephone companies are going to start offering cable TV services in the near future. I believe "tel', means telephone, "co" means company and "tv" means television, or telco tv means telephone company television.

Hope that is right and that helps.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                    X