X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centenary hires new AD

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...707040333/1026

Centenary names new athletic director
    Tom Tallach to direct school's athletic programs.

July 4, 2007

By Jimmy Watson
    jimwatson@gannett.com

Tarleton State compliance director and assistant athletic director Tom Tallach had been dreaming of becoming an athletic director for a number of years before he was given that opportunity on Tuesday when he was given the top athletic job at Centenary College.

"I'm excited about the opportunity to move to Centenary," Tallach said. "I've been gone from Centenary for 17 years, so I'll have to get there and start analyzing the situation."

Tallach was the interim athletic director at Texas A&M-Commerce for 18 months before moving to Tarleton State in 2005. He graduated from Centenary and played baseball at the school in the early 1990's.

"I know fundraising will be a big challenge at Centenary but I hope the people of Shreveport-Bossier City will become involved in all of our programs," Tallach said. "I've learned a lot in my two previous stops that should translate well at Centenary."

Tallach succeeds Taylor Moore, who stepped down in October, and interim athletic director Glenn Evans, who was also a candidate for the position. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Working...
X