X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with new Centenary AD

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...=2007707170319

New Centenary AD speaks out
    Tallach wants to improve relations between community, athletics.

July 17, 2007

By Jimmy Watson
    jimwatson@gannett.com

Centenary College recently hired Tom Tallach to become the school's athletic director to replace Taylor Moore who resigned last October.

Although Tallach, who is currently assistant athletic director at Tarleton State, won't officially start his duties in Shreveport until Aug. 1, he was in town last week and answered a few questions about how he plans to advance the Ladies and Gents athletic programs:

What are some important issues that you will be tackling as soon as you hit the ground?

"Community outreach is No. 1. It's establishing a good network within the community and reaching out to those individuals who are excited about having Centenary College as a part of Shreveport-Bossier City. It's a sports-crazy town, that's obvious. There are great sports fans here. If we can put out a good product, then we're a nice compliment to this community."

How much did your roots in this area play into your return to Centenary?

"I'm originally from Hot Springs. I played basketball at SAU my freshman year and was on the baseball team. I took a redshirt in baseball. I thought I'd concentrate on one sport, so I transferred to UC-Irvine as they were moving from D-II to D-I. I was there for a year, but got caught in a coaching change. The NCAA will only let you transfer once and be eligible immediately, so the past of least resistance was to transfer to a community college. It was a rocky road, although there weren't any problems. It was just me deciding where I fit in and what I wanted out of the college experience. I found it here at Centenary and that's one of the reasons why I'm so endeared to this school. Because I went to school here and it was a wonderful experience. That was central in my interest in this institution." . . . (read more)

Go State!
Working...
X