Introductions./Favorite Jacks QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductions./Favorite Jacks QB

Mods..feel free to move this to another forum, I really didn't know where to put it.  I put it here because it's football season and this board seems to be getting the most attention.

Some of you seem to know each other here pretty well, and as I am a newbie here, and I've noticed over the last few football games...there are some others here who also seem pretty new.

This is just a post to introduce yourself to the board.

I graduated from SDSU in Dec. 1994.  I am a teacher and girls BB Coach.
    I am 36 years old.  Married with kids.

I try to get back to a football game or two and maybe one basketball game a year(hard during my own season.)

Now you go...

Re: Introductions.

whoa....127 views and no replies.

I guess people don't want to do that. :-X

OK, Who was your favorite Jackrabbit quarterback ever?

I'm gonna go with Ted Wahl.

Comment

Re: Introductions.

Graduated from State in 2001 undergrad and got my master's degree in 2004.
      Played football for the Jacks from 97-01.
      Born and raised in South Dakota and watching the Jacks.
      Recently moved.......
      27 years old and married, no children...

Dan Fjeldheim favorite QB. Not very athletic, but moved well around the pocket and incredibly smart and knew where to go with the ball and threw on time....

Comment

Re: Introductions./Favorite Jacks QB

Attended State from 97-03, finally got undergrad in 03 (Academically, I like to say I redshirted my first year and then took a medical redshirt my 2nd year ). Masters in 05 but not from State. Married, no kids. I don't think I missed a home football game in those 6 years and made it to a lot of the away games. Favorite QB, either Fjeldheim or Curly.

Comment

Graduated from State in 2002 with a BS in Economics
          Played baseball from 1998-2001
          Born in Florida, but my whole family attended SDSU so Brookings was always a home away from home for me.
          I usually get to 2-3 football games a year and a couple of baseball games.

“Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Graduated in 1985 with a BS in Civil Engineering
            Born in North Dakota, raised in South Dakota
            43 years old, married with one child
            Moved to Danville California in 1997 and love it.

I try and make a football game or BB game when they are close.

Favorite QB is Mike Busch, I went to High School with him. He was also a very good BB player. Our high school won the State A BB tourney in 1981 with Mike starting.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Graduated in 95 with B.S. in Chemistry and Microbiology.
              Graduated from Medical School in 00 (that one down south).
              Mayo Clinic for 6 years now practicing Internal Medicine, Pulmonology, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine in Yankton.
              Married with 3 children all under 5 years old. Wife is from Brookings.

Love SDSU and the Jackrabbits. Grew up during the Gene Zulk era. Don Jacobsen is from my hometown, Steve Brown and Mark Tetzlaff were favorites of mine as a kid. I remember traveling to Frost during the peak of the Augie rivalry. The place would rock. Have listened to the Jacks on WNAX all my life.

Try to attend as many games as I can but don't get to nearly enough. Spend way too much time on this website.

My favorite QB is probably Brad Nelson although I didn't get to see him play as often as I would have liked.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I graduated in 1982 via the five-year plan.  I think I made it to all of the SDSU home football games during that time.

I met my lovely wife while we were students at SDSU.  I have two kids, one in high school and one in college.

I am a native of eastern South Dakota but transplanted to the Black Hills in the mid-1990's.  Since that time I only make it to about one SDSU football game per year and have only made it back once or twice for basketball.  I am looking forward to SDSU baseball in Rapid City in 2007
                http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1149992229
                and hope that will lead to SDSU Basketball from time to time at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.

I remember some exciting quarterbacks but their names and individual accomplishments are all running together in my mind.  The names I remember best are Maffett, Law, and Busch.

Comment

BS '82 SDSU, civil engineering;
                  MS '91, SDSU, geography;
                  MBA '04, U. of Phoenix (hey, the employer paid for it!)
                  Long-time SDSU employee, moved to Kansas City in Dec. 2000 to, among other reasons, find Mrs. Right.
                  Married to Snookums (BS '86 Tennessee industrial engineering--SEC champion volleyball player, rabid orange-blooded Rocky Topper). She has been making me go with her to the NCAA Women's Final Four every year (such a sacrifice!). No kids. Now at home at the New Palatial Abode in Lee's Summit, MO. While away the days as a web surfer and freelance web site wrangler.

Jackrabbit basketball season ticket holder for, um, a very very long time. Plan to make eight men's and seven women's basketball games (combo of home and away) this upcoming season. Trying to figure out how to get to all of the Jacks' 2007-08 Mid-Con conference men's basketball games (home and away).

Too many favorite quarterbacks . . . Nelson, Busch, Maffett, Law, Wahl.

Favorite football experience (to start the first of several new categories): The 1985 thumping of then-#1 USD at CAS with the largest crowd ever to see a football game in South Dakota.

Favorite basketball player: probably Mark Tetzlaff, with Jason Sempsrott in second place. Cadwell's got a good shot at cracking the top two in the next three years

Favorite basketball experience: The 1985 Cal State Hayward playoff game, with the women's basketball national championship in 2nd place.

Worst basketball experience: The 1985 National Championship game. I don't care what anyone says. I was there. It wasn't a turnover--McDonald got pushed out of bounds!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

BA, 1998, History.... minors in Geography and Communication Studies (RTVF)
                    15 masters credits in Communication Studies and Journalism, 1998-99
                    Coursework for South Dakota Teacher's Certificate, 2000-2001

Taught high school social studies for one year at Doland High School, then got into radio. I've been the sports director at KJAM in Madison since January, but I also worked there for 2-1/2 years prior (tried my hand at Citibank for a few months...lesson learned!)

I try to make a few SDSU football games each season. But since I'm usually on the air during the SDSU basketball games, I don't get to make many of those. I'm also a fan of Dakota State University (kind of helps, especially since we carry their games!)

Best Jackrabbit memory: playing trumpet in the Pride at the football games.

Favorite Football game: watching SDSU knock off then top-ranked UND in 1999 for Hobo Day.

Favorite FB player: Josh Ranek

Favorite BB player: Kurt Meister

Most heartbreaking moment... 1998 basketball regional championship game against Northern... very disapointing.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

BS HPER 1996
                      SDSU Football '91-94
                      SDSU Ticket Office '00-03

Favorite QB - Todd McDonald - gotta give recognition to the guy who made me look good in '93.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Attended SDSU from 94-98 graduating with a BS in Poli Sci
                        Attended Marquette Law School from 99-02 graduating with a JD

Played Sam Linebacker for SDSU from 94-98.
                        Had an internal blowout in '96 requiring a medical hardship, but did not use the extra semester and opted to graduate with my classmates.
                        My mom and dad both graduated from SDSU as did my twin sister.
                        My uncle was captain of the football team when he played, as was my cousin and teamate (one year younger than I).
                        Another uncle played hoops for the Jacks.
                        Grandfather graduated from SDSU and grew up in the Brookings era.
                        In other words, it's in my blood.

31 years old - married with 2 girls (3 and 7 mths)
                        Met my wife at SDSU (she's from Bison, SD and was a cheerleader for the Jacks)
                        Currently employed as an attorney in Milwaukee, WI.
                        We actually live in Wauwatosa, WI (15 minute drive from Miller Park)

My favorite QB would be Curly (97-99?). He was a competitor and had a cannon. Probably the best QB I played with was Noel Bouche' for his first season. He was confident, cocky and was everything you thought of in a QB. However, over the summer and after a torn MCL he somehow lost his swagger and never really got it back. He ended up leaving school early to move closer to his girlfriend.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I am a current SDSU student with no plans of graduating yet. I am a construction management major considering a business minor. I am 22 and work at Dak part time. Brookings native, went to school with some of the current rabbits. Seen numerous events up here at state since I was 6. Favorite QB would be either Nelson or Bouche. Favorite B-ball players would be Norberg, Estling, Erin Rieten, and Megan Vogel.

Comment

’99 SDSU grad (5-yr plan)
                            BS Mech. Eng.
                            Live in SF with Wife, only child went home to Heaven
                            5 year Pride member
                            Family SDSU grads: Mother, Father, and Brother, 2 aunts, uncle. Also wife and other aunt attended. Heck all 5 of my groomsmen attended SDSU. When young I remember worrying I would have to attend the local college rather than be a jackrabbit!

Favorite memories: Marching into CAS on Game Day, standing in line for B-ball games outside Frost in below 0 degree weather, and watching events with my family.

Worst Memory: BB - Regional Game loss to Northern

Biggest Regret: Not attending B-ball games until I was a Junior. :-[

Comment

I am very reluctant to post this but here goes

One of Nine brothers and sisters. One older brother and I are the only SDSU grads. I have several niecess and nephews who either attended, graduated or are now attending SDSU. Those are grand nieces and nephews. I never married so have no children or grand kids to brag about.

BS 1965 SDSU
                              MBA from Kellar Graduate School of Managment 1979. (A precursor to U of Phoenix, but good faculty from bankers, brokers and accountants from Chicago loop who worked during the day and taught at night to keep their skills sharpe. It was convenient and the GI bill paid for it.)
                              CPA Certificate 1986. Passed the exam after several attempts. This not an easy exam especially since SDSU offered only six hours of accounting during the 1960's.  I also used the GI Bill to attended evening courses in accounting at Woodbury College in Los Angles and also Northern Illionios in Dekalb.

Worked 15 years for Reynolds & Reynolds, in Ca, Dayton Ohio and suburan Chicago.

Worked 20 years USDA, Rural Utilities Service( Formerly REA)

Retired 2 years ago and moved to Arlington SD. (Not my first choice, but housing in Brookings is out of range for my budget and the reasonably priced properties are being bought up by parents of students and other speculators that include SDSU faculty. I guess the faculty have make up for the ancient salary problem some how. And if I were a parent from Pierre or Mitchell, and had the funds I would buy a house in Brookings too. It probably been a good investment for most.)

Being the old guy and my life span is its final tri-mester, I have no regrets. I seen more change than I cared to see. I dont envy 15 year olds as the world is moving so fast and possibly recklessly towards another depression. I hope its my own anxiety and not the reality. Any one fortunate to hear a Depression story from the 1930 from grand parents should not file it away. It was a very diffcult time that I missed but was a big subject in social science classes in the 1960's at SDSU.

Favorite QB would have to be Ted Wahl. How we managed to recruit Ted  is beyond me. This guy could run and pass. He was from Jamestown North Dakota and his younger brother Cory was very quickly recruited by UND and also had a great career.

Favorite Basketball player is Chris White. I was on campus when the 1963 national championship happened. I hesitate to pick anyone off that team because its long ago and the game has changed drastically. Its hard to compare. We had a good bunch in 1963 and things clicked after a slow start in the preseason. Winning big seems to happen when we least expect it.

My handle is a small remote place in Norway near where my father was born. Don't ask me about Norweigian American history. Its a hobby and I will bore you to death.

I said too much

Comment

Working...
                              X