Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants

The other day, the Brookings Register had a local survey asking, [ch8220]What type of restaurants would like to see in Brookings?[ch8221]  This was based on rumors (last couple of years) of a new restaurant(s) opening in Brookings.

I would like a nice Tex-Mex or a Barbeque restuarant.  I am not a fan of Taco Johns or Guadalajara[ch8217]s
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: Restaurants

Chipotle - cash cow written all over a Chipotle in Brookings. College students would flock to that place, and so would everyone else.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I agree with Chipotle but also think a higher-end restaurant like Minerva's would do well. The Ram and Pavillion are pretty good but there isn't that one place you pick when you want to go to the best place in town!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

They had a fancy-pants place like that when I was in school, but then they closed, it became New Hong Kong Buffet... and as far as I know... it's still closed.

Anyone remember the name of that place? Oscar's or something like that? What did they do with the building?
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Caspar's was the name of it and the building is still sitting with all of the gear in it from when the Chinese restaurant folded up.

Caspar's had great food but the atmosphere and service weren't the best.

We could use a "fancy pants" place for those of us with "fancy pants"!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
            Chipotle - cash cow written all over a Chipotle in Brookings. College students would flock to that place, and so would everyone else.
            Vogel loves Chipotle. That would become the basketball team's hangout.

Comment

The BP gas station by the interstate has a Taco Express in it, which is a make your own burrito shop kind of like Chipotle.
              Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a Hooters come to town. ;D

Comment

I like the idea of having a Buffalo Wild Wings in Brookings. Great atmosphere for watching games and awesome wings. I went to the game last year in Fargo and the place was packed before the game, of course is across the street from the Fargo Dome and the weather was crappy, none the less it was awesome to be in there before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SD_Theta
                  I like the idea of having a Buffalo Wild Wings in Brookings.  Great atmosphere for watching games and awesome wings. I went to the game last year in Fargo and the place was packed before the game, of course is across the street from the Fargo Dome and the weather was crappy, none the less it was awesome to be in there before the game.
                  If we want a chain from ND, how about Krolls Dinner? They have great breakfast, burgers, chili and soups. Perkins needs some competition. Krolls would provide that.

Comment

Originally posted by SD_Theta
                    I like the idea of having a Buffalo Wild Wings in Brookings.  Great atmosphere for watching games and awesome wings. I went to the game last year in Fargo and the place was packed before the game, of course is across the street from the Fargo Dome and the weather was crappy, none the less it was awesome to be in there before the game.
                    Wild Wings would be great. I don't see why there couldn't be a couple of new editions. I don't think Chipotle is targeting campus towns, I could be wrong. We had two Chipotles in Rochester, MN the place is great. Not sure what the downtown businesses would say about a Wild Wings type chain.

How about "The Pavillion" did that ever catch on?
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                      [quote author=SD_Theta link=1159767656/0#7 date=1159811721]I like the idea of having a Buffalo Wild Wings in Brookings.  Great atmosphere for watching games and awesome wings. I went to the game last year in Fargo and the place was packed before the game, of course is across the street from the Fargo Dome and the weather was crappy, none the less it was awesome to be in there before the game.
                      Wild Wings would be great.  I don't see why there couldn't be a couple of new editions.  I don't think Chipotle is targeting campus towns, I could be wrong.  We had two Chipotles in Rochester, MN the place is great.  Not sure what the downtown businesses would say about a Wild Wings type chain.

How about "The Pavillion" did that ever catch on?[/quote]

The Pavillion does a decent job. They have a huge menu. Never had a bad meal but have never had an awesome meal either.

One poster mentioned the Taco Express in the BP Station just off I-29. It's owned by the same people as the Brookings Inn and Pavillion. They have great burritos and is definitely modeled after Chipotle. It is getting busier all the time.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

The Taco Express is pretty good (I've only had the Nachos 3 times because I am too picky). I think a place with a liquor license would be the best solution. A friend of mine actually called about a Buffalo Wild Wings and he was told there wasn't enough people in the Brookings area. The only bad thing about the Casper's location was parking. Not enough parking on Main Street for that place to work. Would still love to see the old Fryin' Pan/Sixth Street Diner turn into an eating place. Perfect location but would hate to have to clean up after a Friday or Saturday night. Would love to see an Arby's come to town because they don't serve pizza or burgers. There is plenty of room in this town for more eating establishments as long as they are good.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Well supposedly from some unnamed sources Arby's and Culver's are planning on coming to Brookings within the next year or so.

Comment

More national fast-food chains... yuck!

Let's get something classy, like PF Chang's or something.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I agree with you. Get a Granite City, TGIFriday, etc. Who cares. Maybe a Shenanigan's so there is a second sports bar/grill in town. I would realy like to see a place which serves drinks (even though I don't drink) come in to town. Nothing like having a place to go after work, everyone can have drinks, eat some apps or a meal, and just relax.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                              X