Prayers/Support for a fellow Jackrabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers/Support for a fellow Jackrabbit

A good friend and former Jackrabbit FB player and his wife (also a SDSU grad) recently had their second child, a son (about 1 week ago). Unfortunately, the newborn has become quite ill and is in the neonatal ICU at Sioux Valley. I don't want to mention their names as I don't know that they would want me to.

I still think prayers/thoughts help even in a semi-anonymous fashion. In addition, I know dad reads this site and some of you have experienced difficulties with sick children. Any words of encouragement and support I am sure would be greatly appreciated.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Prayers/Support for a fellow Jackrabbit

I will add them to my prayers. This is so difficult and I am offering any time or help that I can provide to them, just send me an IM. While nobody can say they know what they are going through, every situation is so different, I can provide an understanding ear. My daughter spent a great deal of time in the hospital, both Sioux Valley and the U of MN. Even if you just want someone to sit in the waiting room so you can run some errand, let me know and I'll do what I can. Take Care.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I can speak from experience that the neonatal ICU at Sioux Valley is top notch. Their child is in good hands. My prayers out to them. I would add on to what firstrow said. If anything is needed pm me and I'll do all I can to help
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

The baby remains stable on the ventilator.  The diagnosis appears to be RSV.  It sounds like the little guy is holding his own.  The parents have the support of a strong family, primary and extended.  Thanks for all your prayers and offers to help out.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to my fellow Rabbits.  Having just had my 2 1/2 year old daughter in Children’s Mercy in the ICU here in Kansas City for a UTI, I can tell you that it is a very helpless feeling when your child is ill and you can do nothing but wait and pray.  Keep your spirits up and trust in God.  My little Rabbit is now home and doing well, I wish the very same for the little one in Sioux Valley's ICU.  God's speed, get well soon.

Comment

The little guy was able to wean from the ventilator today. Should be able to leave the NICU tomorrow. Good news for all.

Comment

Hooray!!!!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The whole family should be home together today. The little guy must be as tough as his dad! Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time and prayers.

Comment

That's great news.

Comment

Outstanding news! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Go State!

Comment

Again, I am just new to this site and through the years have cherished the relationships that have been received by attending SDSU. I am proud that this institution is held to a higher standard and this thread is proof of that. I thank God for the healing he has given this little one. Thank you for the prayers of support you have given this family. Our family went through a situtation 10 years ago when our 4 year old had a tumor discovered in her neck. Fortunately, it was benign, but know the anxiety the family goes through. She is now a sophomore in HS and plans on attending SDSU as well as my other daughter, a senior. As a dad and alumni, I couldn't be happier!!!! Although, the important thing is that this little one is going home and healthy.

Comment

We will also keep a prayer for the little one....I know first hand about the neo natal unit and ICU Kai was a 3lb 11oz baby born 2 months early...........need I say with out the Neo Natal In Regina...he wouldnot be where he is today...........

Comment

Working...
                        X