Problems with the Forum Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the Forum Software

As some of you may be aware, the Bisonville site got temporarily shut down by their service provider due to excessive server load. They and we are on the same service provider, and we're running the same software, which means that we could potentially have the same problem.

Our numbers of total registered users and peak active users are about half what Bisonville has, but that just means that they were liable to run into trouble before we did. I think we're OK through this school year, but there's a storm a-brewing.

So, I'm now starting to plan to migrate the board to new software this summer (hopefully not earlier). I don't have any idea what forum software I'll be migrating to (which is an open hint for any readers with some experience with forum software to chime in with opinions on what's the best/most efficient system).
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Problems with the Forum Software

Well looks like bisonville is down again.

Error 403: Forbidden
    My webhost just shut down the bulletin board with no prior warning. I'm trying to find out why - probably a problem with the amount of resources being used by the bulletin board script. Anyway, that means I'll probably have to switch bulletin board software... I've got no idea how long that will take (getting it set up is one thing, converting all the messages and user information is another). My guess is a full week. I'll see if I can get the old board up in the meantime. -Tony

Comment

Working...
    X