A new sheriff in town--JackJD is a Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new sheriff in town--JackJD is a Moderator

JackJD has graciously agreed to become another Global Moderator of this fast-growing little community called the SDSUFans.com Forum. Welcome him to his new position with the traditional good-natured ribbing . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: A new sheriff in town--JackJD is a Moderator

Oh great another old timer on this board telling people what to do. :

;D ;D

Comment

Who you calling old?  Why I remember when I was your age we walked 20 miles to attend SDSU, everyday - uphill both ways, and we were glad to do it.   ;D

Go State!  

Comment

You look good with a ponytail 89rabbit.

;D

Comment

Comment

Are we moving to a new forum?
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
              Are we moving to a new forum?
              The new forum layout looks horrible IMHO. I don't think I'm going to make the jump over. Just too dang confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                [quote author=2002jack link=1174835893/0#5 date=1175047056]Are we moving to a new forum?
                The new forum layout looks horrible IMHO. I don't think I'm going to make the jump over. Just too dang confusing.[/quote]
                Yes, we will be moving to new software, probably in May.

Yes, it's new software which means it will be different. Different = confusing most of the time.

It has most of the same features of the current BBS software and some additional capabilities as well (and, it's not run on flat-files but on a database, which should translate to better performance at high loads, which is the reason for moving off of our current BBS software in the first place).

Staying with this software isn't an option if the Jackrabbit Nation keeps growing.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've opened up a thread on the new Forum to talk about (ask questions, make complaints) the new Forum. The catch is, of course, that you actually have to get a user id over there and post.

http://www.sdsufans.com/forum/viewto...p?showtopic=41

Try it, it's not a Pod. You might like it. Join us. JOIN US!!!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                    [quote author=2002jack link=1174835893/0#5 date=1175047056]Are we moving to a new forum?
                    The new forum layout looks horrible IMHO. I don't think I'm going to make the jump over.  Just too dang confusing.[/quote]

BHM, I think your a good kid but you have a lot of growing up to do. Lets be thankful for Filbert's efforts and support him anyway that we can. I don't want to see a fracture amongst Jackrabbit supporters. I am encouraging everyone to join the new forum and adapt.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I took a brief look at the new forum - brief because the pages were incredibly slow in loading, so I eventually just gave up. But from what I saw, it looks really good. As is the case with all things new, it will take some figuring out. I'm ready and willing to make the move.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyjackrabbit
                        I took a brief look at the new forum - brief because the pages were incredibly slow in loading, so I eventually just gave up. But from what I saw, it looks really good. As is the case with all things new, it will take some figuring out. I'm ready and willing to make the move.
                        I won't pull the plug on this board until the new one is a happy new home for the Rabbits. (I'm also open to looking at other (free) board software packages if I'm not satisfied with the performance of Version 2 over there).
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                          [quote author=johnnyjackrabbit link=1174835893/0#10 date=1175095220]I took a brief look at the new forum - brief because the pages were incredibly slow in loading, so I eventually just gave up.  But from what I saw, it looks really good.  As is the case with all things new, it will take some figuring out.  I'm ready and willing to make the move.
                          I won't pull the plug on this board until the new one is a happy new home for the Rabbits.  (I'm also open to looking at other (free) board software packages if I'm not satisfied with the performance of Version 2 over there).[/quote]

Just sent my application in to join the other board.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                            [quote author=filbert link=1174835893/0#11 date=1175099234][quote author=johnnyjackrabbit link=1174835893/0#10 date=1175095220]I took a brief look at the new forum - brief because the pages were incredibly slow in loading, so I eventually just gave up.  But from what I saw, it looks really good.  As is the case with all things new, it will take some figuring out.  I'm ready and willing to make the move.
                            I won't pull the plug on this board until the new one is a happy new home for the Rabbits.  (I'm also open to looking at other (free) board software packages if I'm not satisfied with the performance of Version 2 over there).[/quote]

Just sent my application in to join the other board.[/quote]

Me too. Everything seems to working fine now.

Comment

Well, I guess I'm going to start posting over there.

Comment

Working...
                              X