Relocating Rabbit Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating Rabbit Fans

Well, apparently you can even go anywhere from here even before you graduate. I have accepted a job in Sioux Falls and have just this morning agreed to purchase a home there. We are very excited and a little dissapointed. We have lived in Brookings now for 4 1/2 years and my children have been raised properly as Jackrabbits. So much so that my son decided he wanted his new room painted in Jackrabbit colors! It will be hard leaving the immediate access of Brookings but I think SF needed 4 more Jackrabbit fans to keep tipping the scales of that market.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: Relocating Rabbit Fans

Originally posted by EQguy
    Well, apparently you can even go anywhere from here even before you graduate.  I have accepted a job in Sioux Falls and have just this morning agreed to purchase a home there.  We are very excited and a little dissapointed.  We have lived in Brookings now for 4 1/2 years and my children have been raised properly as Jackrabbits.  So much so that my son decided he wanted his new room painted in Jackrabbit colors!  It will be hard leaving the immediate access of Brookings but I think SF needed 4 more Jackrabbit fans to keep tipping the scales of that market.  

Welcome to Sioux Falls, its always great to get more Rabbit fans in town.

Comment

Well, apparently you can even go anywhere from here even before you graduate.  I have accepted a job in Sioux Falls and have just this morning agreed to purchase a home there.  We are very excited and a little dissapointed.  We have lived in Brookings now for 4 1/2 years and my children have been raised properly as Jackrabbits.  So much so that my son decided he wanted his new room painted in Jackrabbit colors!  It will be hard leaving the immediate access of Brookings but I think SF needed 4 more Jackrabbit fans to keep tipping the scales of that market.  
      Congrats and good luck man. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

CONGRATS ON THE JOB

Comment

Just months from now After 7 years of living in brookings with faithful attendence as an SDSU Student slash fan, i too will be making my trek after graduation to SF to start working and maybe more school or not havent decided yet.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

EQ:

Twenty some odd years ago, I joked to a Binnewies neighbor who ran home to SF every weekend that it was the center of the universe given that his behavior and the awed comments of many others implied nothing else in SD came close. Don't get so bummed out about leaving Brookings. Within 10 years, Brookings will be annexed by the behemoth and those wishing to move SDSU will be ecstatic. Or maybe T. Denny will just buy State.

Comment

EQ, I know what you're going through. I lived in Brookings from 1998-2005--four years at State and three years working at the paper. In August 2005 we moved to Yankton. It was tough, because we both loved Brookings. In fact, we were back last weekend and we both remarked about how much we miss the place. We would like to get back someday. But you still keep your ties to SDSU and the community, even though you're a little farther away. And besides, I figured we were only boosting the number of Jacks fans in this part of the state, which is definitely needed.

Comment

The long move to SF? Try California, Ohio or Illinois. Thats when you really start to appreciate the entire state of South Dakota. Politically the state is backward, but otherwise the quality of life is great.

I drove back from Sioux Falls last night north between 5 and 6pm. I was amazed with the amount of traffic on I-29 from getting on at the Russell Street exit to the exit at Dell Rapids. Sioux Falls and the immediate area is no doubt changing, but its still a piece of cake compared to Southern California and Chicago area in terms of traffic.

Good luck with your future EQguy. In Sioux Falls, you are still close enough to be part of SDSU activities. I made many trips from Columbus Nebraska the 20 years I lived there. I always felt good to get past the I-90 overpass on I-29, it meant I was almost there and the signal for KJJQ was strong enough to pick up the Jack women's game.

Comment

EQ,
                  welcome to town!
                  Sioux Empire Staters meet 3rd Thursday of each month at Skelly's. See you there.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Welcome to Soo Foo, EQ. Good luck on the new job!
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                    X