Twin Cities Bridge Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Cities Bridge Collapse

I'm sure everyone has seen the news on the Twin Cities bridge collapse. I am fortunate that my wife and I and are families do not travel 35W for work and were unaffected by the collapse.

I hope any other members in the Twin Cities or with families in the Twin Cities are safe.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Re: Twin Cities Bridge Collapse

I used to go across that bridge every day at about that time. I usually would have been a little bit later because there was too much traffic at 6:00. Thoughts and prayers to everyone. Donate blood where ever you are, because they will need it to refill supplies.

Just reported that at least 50 cars went into the river.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Re: Twin Cities Bridge Collapse

I was in the Twin Cities this weekend visiting my three sons. One, a current Jackrabbit athlete, is doing a Pharmacy internship in the Cities and drives over that bridge twice a day: to and from work. Fortunately, his schedule today keeps him at work until 10:00 p.m. A niece drove over the bridge less than an hour before the collapse.

Most tragedies seem to occur far away and we're a bit detached from them. Not this one! Its likely most posters on this message board have driven over that stretch of 35W once or twice.

Some sad stories will come out over the next few days.

Comment

Working...
      X