F.Y.I.:  USD 59, Quincy 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.Y.I.:  USD 59, Quincy 0

Coyotes take it to 14 consecutive home wins against Quincy, 59-0 (I don't think any USD fans will say otherwise: Quincy was a real cupcake). Wonder what the attendance tally shows.

Re: F.Y.I.:  USD 59, Quincy 0

Logan went something like 94 yards on the opening kickoff so the 'Yotes were scoring from the start. Some will say LaCrosse will be a "cupcake" but LaCrosse is a much better team than Quincy and LaCrosse won't quit. The Jacks will likely kick the snot out of LaCrosse much like last year but at the same time, we can't make a lot of mistakes because LaCrosse has some athletes who will capitalize on mistakes.

Comment

ahhh, Quincy-that football powerhouse. Be proud usd!! Quick... where and what is Quincy (I think it is in Illinois)

BTW....WE HAVE CONFRENCES FOR EVERYTHING NOW!!! AND THEY ARE ALL D1!!!

Comment

And, in a score more relevant to SDSU:

NDSU 66, Concordia (MN) 7

(Oh, I saw that on the ESPN score ticker while watching SportsCenter, by the way . . . )
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I caught the pregrame interview with the Quincy coach who seemed very worried about staying in the game. He has been there about seven years and had a 21-43 win/loss record. I dont think we can even say this is a good NAIA program. Hardly a USF. Being a private college, I suspect they dont have much following even in Quincy, which is much larger than Brookings or Vermillion. A USF vs USD would have been a much more interesting match up and would have brought in the fans. In fact if USF replaced William Penn or even Wis Lacrosse, I would not have had a problem with that scheduling.

Also punt returns and kick off yards generally are in separate categories for offensive stats. The only offensive yards counted are those from a line of scrimmage only. I see Logan got 131, and no doubt Quincy could not stop Logan.

Some one on the Coyote board said the attendance was 7050. Not to bad for a Thursday night.

Comment

Quincy is D2. Their women's basketball team was in the elite in 2004 at St. Joe's. It looks as if USD2 has began another season with cupcakes and then will scratch their heads when they are left out of the playoffs. Oh well, they can spend their free time following the D1 school in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
              Quincy is D2. Their women's basketball team was in the elite in 2004 at St. Joe's. It looks as if USD2 has began another season with cupcakes and then will scratch their heads when they are left out of the playoffs. Oh well, they can spend their free time following the D1 school in Brookings.

This was discussed in the interview with the coach. Quincy is D2 for all other sports, but is NAIA for football. Apparently you can have dual memberships.

Comment

Read the article in the argus on the game. Apparently USD throwing bombs late in the third quarter didn't sit well with the Quincy coach, nor should it have. Augie gets all over us for supposedly rubbing it in the last time we play them and it's all anyone talks about. USD runs up the score on sister's of the blind (again) and it's barely mentioned.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                  Read the article in the argus on the game.  Apparently USD throwing bombs late in the third quarter didn't sit well with the Quincy coach, nor should it have.  Augie gets all over us for supposedly rubbing it in the last time we play them and it's all anyone talks about.  USD runs up the score on sister's of the blind (again) and it's barely mentioned.

How else do you make an All-American out of a kid at the DII ranks? You have to run up his stats against NAIA teams and the like. Its not like the market allows people at a distance to see these kids play.

USD prides itself on its DII pre-season and post-season awards. They have gotten a few recently. I suspect it sells its program to these long-distance recruits in this way. As for running up the score, Quincy should just stay home if they don't want to get stomped.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies

They are NAIA in football, can't afford the scholarship load at DII (at least not the current sholarship load, that may change).
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Personally, I was a bit charmed by the comment made by the Quincy coach when asked about the game "Well, they got what they paid for..."

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
                        Personally, I was a bit charmed by the comment made by the Quincy coach when asked about the game "Well, they got what they paid for..."
                        I've been catching up on the message board since returning home from the LaCrosse debacle. Thanks for posting the Quincy coach's comment...that made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                        X