Favorite college programs other than SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite college programs other than SDSU

A post over here by Bluehatman got me thinking . . . what's everyone's other favorite college sports programs?

Me:
    Football: (none, really . . . I'm not really a huge college football fan apart from SDSU, although I am always gratified when either Texas and Miami get beat)

Men's basketball: I'll go out of my way to watch Kansas and Duke, and go out of my way to root against North Carolina (even back to the Dean Smith days) and Texas.

Women's basketball: Tennessee (by marriage).

I don't like the Longhorns very much . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Favorite college programs other than SDSU

Football - Nebraska born and bred. Have a two year running hatred with Notre Dame since they got rid of Willingham.

MBB - Don't really have a favorite. I pay attention to UNC now that Roy Williams is there. I met him once and thought very highly of him.

WBB - The only WBB game I watch is the Jacks

Comment

Kansas State by marriage.

Go State!

Comment

Football: Don't really have one; Will watch pretty any game on TV
        Basketball: Wisconsin-Milwaukee (attended Grad School) and Wake Forest (started watching Tim Duncan when he was a Freshman and have continued to root for them)

Comment

Favorite:
          Louisiana State University
          Ole Miss.
          Oregon State

Dislike:
          Notre Dame
          Texas

Hate:
          U of Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            A post over here by Bluehatman got me thinking . . . what's everyone's other favorite college sports programs?

Me:
            Football:  (none, really . . . I'm not really a huge college football fan apart from SDSU, although I am always gratified when either Texas and Miami get beat)

Men's basketball:  I'll go out of my way to watch Kansas and Duke, and go out of my way to root against North Carolina (even back to the Dean Smith days) and Texas.

Women's basketball:  Tennessee (by marriage).

I don't like the Longhorns very much . . .
            I can understand the bitterness that comes against programs that are continuous winners :-).  As UT is often the #1 overall athletic program in the nation (ranked by several publications, depending on how all the sports in the school's athletic department perform), it is bound to have its enemies.  I, on the other hand, enjoy the Longhorns, and have had several teammates/friends of mine play in their programs (recent baseball, football, basketball, etc).  It is pretty cool to see my friend's NCAA Championship ring from 2002 in baseball, which is something all UT athletes have a good chance of obtaining (championships).  

Though I played baseball at Valpo until my graduation in 2004, and enjoyed the opportunity to play Division-1 ball, it would have been great playing for a championship opportunity (not really possible with ORU in conference).

Comment

Football - Iowa by birth, Minnesota by marriage - if that ain't a pickle (Iowa gets the nod in head to head match ups), I just love college football though to I'll watch whatever game is on usually

All other sports - don't care enough to have a choice

I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

FB- Huskers by birth and by marriage.

BB- Jacks are it for me but I love watching the"Big Dance".

WBB- Same as above.

Dislike Notre Dame Football. I love their traditions and it's nothing against their long-term fans, I respect anyone that sticks with their team through thick and thin! Mark my words, you just watch the number of people hitching on to that bandwagon this year! Plus, there is no way they should be allowed to have their own TV contract with NBC. They are the Yankees of NCAA Football and should never lose a game.

Okay, maybe I'm not much of an Oklahoma guy either, but that is because I'm a die-hard 'Skers fan!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Dislike Notre Dame Football. I love their traditions and it's nothing against their long-term fans, I respect anyone that sticks with their team through thick and thin! Mark my words, you just watch the number of people hitching on to that bandwagon this year! Plus, there is no way they should be allowed to have their own TV contract with NBC. They are the Yankees of NCAA Football and should never lose a game.
                  I agree totally and wholeheartedly and I'll go one step further. When Ty Willingham moved in and went 10-1 in his first year everyone commented on how those were Bob Davie's players (though he couldn't win with the same players). Now Charlie Weiss pops in and he's the second coming of Holtz with no mention of the fact that these players were all recruited by Willingham.

Man I hate Notre Dame!

Comment

Whoever is playing South Dakota State is my other favorite school to root for.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                      FB- Huskers by birth and by marriage.

WBB- Same as above.

Dislike Notre Dame Football.  I love their traditions and it's nothing against their long-term fans, I respect anyone that sticks with their team through thick and thin!  Mark my words, you just watch the number of people hitching on to that bandwagon this year!  Plus, there is no way they should be allowed to have their own TV contract with NBC.  They are the Yankees of NCAA Football and should never lose a game.

Okay, maybe I'm not much of an Oklahoma guy either, but that is because I'm a die-hard 'Skers fan!

SUPERBUNNY
                      ok, ive been a notre dame fan all my life(through thick and thin) and to top it off im a yankee fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                        Whoever is playing South Dakota State is my other favorite school to root for.
                        You must follow D-1 more than your own pitiful school.

Comment

Maryland - Son's school.

Wisconsin - Mom & Dad's school - wouldn't be here if for Wisconsin! ;D

Hooskers - More Same from UNL.

Comment

FB-Notre Dame
                            MBB-UCLA
                            WBB-Tenn.

To me, these are all close seconds to SDSU. No, not San Diego State, I said SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
                              [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1155063785/0#7 date=1155150095]FB- Huskers by birth and by marriage.

WBB- Same as above.

Dislike Notre Dame Football.  I love their traditions and it's nothing against their long-term fans, I respect anyone that sticks with their team through thick and thin!  Mark my words, you just watch the number of people hitching on to that bandwagon this year!  Plus, there is no way they should be allowed to have their own TV contract with NBC.  They are the Yankees of NCAA Football and should never lose a game.

SUPERBUNNY
                              ok, ive been a notre dame fan all my life(through thick and thin)  and to top it off im a yankee fan.  
                              [/quote]

Good for you! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I respect the heck out of anybody that sticks with their team through the good and bad.  I just hate the bandwagon riders.  Look at how many Husker fans came out of the woodwork when they were winning a few years ago!  Where did they go?  [smiley=undecided.gif] They have no doubt headed for greener pastures!  

I love tradition and loyalty to a team.  It just bothers me when the rules in place allow for unfair advantages.  Notre Dame and the Yankees aren't doing anything wrong, in fact, I would be doing the same thing given the opportunity.

My dislike for Notre Dame has nothing to do with the institution at all, rather the situation that is in place!

SUPERBUNNY  

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X