• USD -UCA game

With 7 minutes to go, it is UCA 24, USD 0

Re: USD -UCA game

And that's your final. 24-0 UCA Bears.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...elease_id=3333
      Forgive me for posting a link to a USD site.

So much for the vaunted USeD offense......five turnovers and 78 yards rushing from their Harlon Hill "candidate" just won't cut it. We'll have to play our "A" game next week in the Beef Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78

So much for the vaunted USeD offense......five turnovers and 78 yards rushing from their Harlon Hill "candidate" just won't cut it. We'll have to play our "A" game next week in the Beef Bowl.
        Actually, from the article, it looks like the defense played pretty well.  It looks like the offense and special teams were the ones that failed to come through today.  I'm sure the travel and the fact that they were playing on grass contributed.  I think that the lesson from this game is that if you want to play good football and win that you have to play good football on defense, on offense, and on special teams.  You also have to be able to play all of these on the road as well as at home and on whatever surface the game is on.  The Coyotes didn't do that today.  I believe that the Jackrabbits can fare better next week against UCA.

Comment

Maybe this should have its own thread . . . maybe not!

The other former/future SDSU opponent from the NCC, the University of North Dakota fared a little better than the Coyotes today by beating Augustana in overtime.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60930004

Comment

At least USD2 played a 1-AA school. It was University of Central Arkansas, not the U of Cupcake America that they usually play in their non-conference games and then whine when left out of the play-offs. This game will serve them better over time than Upper Iowa or Minnesota-Crookston. I can't wait until the Jacks show them how to beat UCA. USD's website stated that USD showed prowess at running the ball. Logan had 78 yards on 17 carries. Josh Ranek would have called that a bad day.

Comment

I thought it was amusing, I was listening to KELO sports at 6:00 and the sportscaster stated USD loses a hardfought contest against DIAA Power Central Arkansas.  Where do the come up with that?
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                I thought it was amusing, I was listening to KELO sports at 6:00 and the sportscaster stated USD loses a hardfought contest against DIAA Power Central Arkansas. Where do the come up with that?
                Sheesh. McNeese State is a I-AA power. Montana is a I-AA power. Northern Iowa is a I-AA power.

Central Arkansas is apparently a very good football team, but . . .

Sheesh.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I thought it was amusing, I was listening to KELO sports at 6:00 and the sportscaster stated USD loses a hardfought contest against DIAA Power Central Arkansas. Where do the come up with that?
                  The Kelo sportscaster probably was being distracted by the Doppler radar........... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Don't you mean the Kelo-Land Live Doppler radar
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Oopps, my bad......that's what happens when I don't watched Kelo in awhile.....

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78

And according to Argus Leader: "USD’s Stefan Logan had another outstanding effort. He finished with 17 carries for 78 yards but saw his eight-game 100-yard rushing streak end".  http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60930006

78 yards is by far NOT an outstanding effort.  Yes he averaged 4.5 yds/carry, but that is somewhat typical of college running backs.  Another fine piece of writing by the Argus. ;D  

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
                          [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1159651907/0#2 date=1159656427]http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...elease_id=3333

And according to Argus Leader: "USD’s Stefan Logan had another outstanding effort. He finished with 17 carries for 78 yards but saw his eight-game 100-yard rushing streak end". http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60930006

78 yards is by far NOT an outstanding effort. Yes he averaged 4.5 yds/carry, but that is somewhat typical of college running backs. Another fine piece of writing by the Argus. ;D
                          [/quote]

I too was impressed by the fluffy nature of the Argus' writeup of a 24-0 shutout.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I listened to much of the fourth quarter of the UND and Augie matchup (on KFGO, UND's station -- boy! talk about homers!). UND didn't sound impressive. Augie should have won the game but doesn't have a dependable kicker (or kicking unit) ...two blocked kicks including the one in overtime which would have sent it to a second overtime.

Comment

I thought it was amusing, I was listening to KELO sports at 6:00 and the sportscaster stated USD loses a hardfought contest against DIAA Power  Central Arkansas.  Where do the come up with that?
                              The real test will be how they refer to UCA next weekend. Next weekend, they'll probably be "UCA...a school making the transition to D1AA"

Comment

Working...
                              X