X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mc Neese Fires Football Coach

Doc hinted at this on another thread:

Originally posted by McNeese72

P.S. If you hear some bad things coming out of the McNeese Athletic Department in the next few days, it is not because of the results of Saturday's game. It is because of some things that have been brewing in the background for awhile.

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=7k7f

McNeese replaces Tate as head football coach

LAKE CHARLES, La. Tommy Tate will be replaced as the head coach of McNeese State's football program as the Cowboys struggle to overcome a one-and-three start to their season.

That news comes from the university president. Robert Hebert says Tate will be replaced by offensive coordinator Matt Viator, who will act as interim head coach.

Tate had been the head coach since 2000 and a member of the coaching staff since 1979.

Hebert refrained from saying the slow start to the season was the reason for the change.

On Saturday, the Cowboys lost 20-to-17 to South Dakota State and two of their losses have been to Division One-A teams. The Cowboys have suffered late-game collapses, being outscored 55-to-zero in the fourth quarters of games against Division One-A opponents.

Tate ends his stint at McNeese with a 49-and-26 record and led the Cowboys to three straight Southland Conference championships from 2001 to 2003. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Mc Neese Fires Football Coach

Doc:
    Tell us what is going on here. Playoff appearences and a winning record? There are more issues here than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
      Doc:
      Tell us what is going on here. Playoff appearences and a winning record? There are more issues here than meets the eye.
      Doc hint about this earlier included a comment that the loss to the Jacks had little to do with this decision. There were bigger fish frying here.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
        [quote author=Haldersham link=1159937105/0#1 date=1159980664]Doc:
        Doc hint about this earlier included a comment that the loss to the Jacks had little to do with this decision.  There were bigger fish frying here.[/quote]

You are right and I think it may be a ton of little things such as not taking time to smoosh or visit with the President. There has to be a number of unhappy people connected to the program speaking through the president who handed the walking papers to the coach.

I not surprised Doc has not replied as I would venture that he knows a great deal that would not be prudent for the McNeese Community if he posted here or any other message board. The fish being fried are likely catfish or is that a Mississippi thing.

Comment

I was listening to KJJQ 910 Sports Show with Scotty and Brad. Scotty read an additional press release in which there was an apparent difference with the Head Coach and President about discipline of players. It was sketchy as I was not fully in tune with the radio. I am sure this release will show up somewhere here today.  We have a good press corp on this board who can find links in no time flat.  No doubt these problems made our comeback a little bit eaiser, not taking anything away from our guys, but having team discipline is the difference between winning and losing. I think our Jacks have discipline and play as a team, and that is what makes it all worth while.

Comment

Working...
          X