Bobby Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Jones.

Watching the Michigan State game, and I got to thinking Willie's Bro Bobby is playing for Michigan State. I see he has gotten in some games and was ranked the 5th Top Newcomer in the Big 10. Nice to see another South Dakota boy star on the big time scene. I see he is third on the depth chart for DTs on the Notre Dame game info. Good Luck to Bobby .

Re: Bobby Jones.

I was looking for Bobby on the new NCAA game and near as I can tell he is number 98. Is that right? The NCAA 07 game has him listed from Redfield SD.

It's one thing to get it wrong but how do they come up with Redfield? I hate Redfield!
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yah he is numero 98, it looks like he didn't get any playing time after playing the last 2 games.

Comment

Bobby Jones has been kicked off Michigan State's team. Charges are expected to be filed Tuesday over an alleged incident that took place Oct. 5 outside of East Lansing.

Comment

That is unfortunate. Here is to hoping Bobby can recover from this. He comes from a great family.

It would be nice to see him come out of this and maybe finish his college career as a Jackrabbit.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
            That is unfortunate.  Here is to hoping Bobby can recover from this.  He comes from a great family.  

It would be nice to see him come out of this and maybe finish his college career as a Jackrabbit.
            Lets wait and see what these charges entail. People make mistakes and if they can show remorse and a desire to rectify their error they should be given that chance.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here's a link to a story about Bobby.  http://www.mlive.com/spartans/footba...xml&coll=1
              Meantime, the Clinton County prosecutor's office has authorized a charge of misdemeanor assault and battery against former MSU defensive tackle Bobby Jones, according to assistant prosecutor Kevin Hayes.

Jones, 21, was allegedly involved in an incident in Bath Township on Sunday, but no further details were provided by Hayes. Smith announced on Monday that he had dismissed Jones from the team.

Smith suspended Jones for four weeks during the 2005 season after he was charged with malicious destruction of property on campus. The charge was dismissed after Jones successfully completed a diversion program.
              Does anyone know what year he is in school?  He seems to have some character problems, but maybe he could get them figured out at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger13
                Does anyone know what year he is in school?  He seems to have some character problems, but maybe he could get them figured out at SDSU.
                I for one could care less what year he is in school, if he's had problems at MSU then IMO SDSU isn't a place he needs to try to figure them out at.  Maybe coming home would help, but tossing a scholarship his way would be a wasted scholarship IMO, and there are not enough scholarships to waste any more.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

If he can get things sorted out in his life, perhaps he could be encouraged to walk on here if he still wanted to play college football. CatchEmAll is right to say that a schollie probably shouldn't be used on him.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    If he can get things sorted out in his life, perhaps he could be encouraged to walk on here if he still wanted to play college football. CatchEmAll is right to say that a schollie probably shouldn't be used on him.
                    Agreed, he went to a JC to work out his issues before MSU, I doubt he is the kind of character we want on our team regardless of talent. Just my opinion.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X