Early game for Central Arkansas this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early game for Central Arkansas this week

The Bears have a Thursday game this week. One I can watch on cable here in KC on one of my Fox Sports channels:

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/170130/

Short week deemed bonus, not detriment

BY NICK WALKER

HUNTSVILLE, Texas — Talk about a quick turnaround.

Central Arkansas’ football team, which returned from California on Sunday, boarded an Xtra Airways Boeing 737 Wednesday night at Central Flying Service in Little Rock for tonight’s game against Sam Houston State.

Central Arkansas’ players took notice of the tight schedule.

“It seems like we were just here getting ready to go to California,” senior free safety Le-Roy Hamilton said. “Airports are beginning to be our second home.”

Such is the reality of life for a college football player these days. Play Saturday one week, Thursday the next. Some teams even play on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Of all the non-Saturday dates, Thursday is the most common, especially in Division I-AA and lower-level Division I-A conferences.

Coaches see the games as mixed blessings. They get less time to prepare, but their sacrifice often puts them on at least a regional telecast.

“We’re just so thankful as a university that we have an opportunity to play on Fox Sports,” said Sam Houston State Coach Todd Whitten, whose Bearkats host Central Arkansas tonight. “It’s just a huge deal and if we have to play on a Thursday to have that, it’s worth it.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Early game for Central Arkansas this week

After losing to the Great West two weeks in a row (SDSU, and UC-Davis) the Bears got back on the winning track beating #25 Sam Houston State 38-30. I watched part of the game on TV and my 4 year old (soon to be 5) was very excited when he saw them, he said "Daddy that is the team we watched up in South Dakota!". Congrats to the Bears.

Go State!

Comment

UCA beats SLC leader Sam Houston St 38-30 Thursday

UCA in their first year of their I-AA transition is now 2-0 against the SLC (their future conference in 2007) and 0-2 against the GWFC.

Comment

Re: UCA beats SLC leader Sam Houston St 38-30 Thur

This thread will likely be moved because it is not directly about a Jacks game :-?

Comment

Does that mean we're still leading the Southland Conference?

Comment

Pretty much, yes.

Comment

Working...
            X